Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Complete loss of video feed
1752 12 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eaglecook
lvl.3
United States

I just got my I1 back after 7 long weeks. The info I got from DJI was that they updated the remote and the bird with the new fw. I downloaded the new fw so I could update all of my batteries and second controller.

I did the procedure for updating the bird first to make sure it was good to go. Log said, fw was as new or newer than what was on the card.

Second controller updated fine.

As the first battery was updating the video feed was fine. Then as it finished, the feed dropped and I can't get it back. I have control of the gimbal, but no camera feed or functions.

To make things worse, one of my tablets says "no SD card" and the other one doesn't. Neither of them have video feed. I've tried re-updating, cycling power, even updated the software on the tablet to the newest Android OS. Nothing.

Now the rest of the batteries won't update,..

Any ideas? Please don't tell me I have to send this thing back again!!! I'm supposed to take it to Africa at the end of June...
2015-5-30
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

Not sure, but you have the remote off for the battery update right
2015-5-30
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.3
United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-31 07:00
Not sure, but you have the remote off for the battery update right

yup. I made sure to follow the video instructions.
2015-5-30
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.3

United States

eaglecook Posted at 2015-5-31 08:00
yup. I made sure to follow the video instructions.

On the last big FW update none of my extra batteries would update until I connected the bird to the RC, should not but they did nothin until I started the remote.
2015-5-30
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.3
United States

Yapstrapper Posted at 2015-5-31 08:24
On the last big FW update none of my extra batteries would update until I connected the bird to th ...

Thanks. I did consider doing that, but I am much more concerned about the lack of video feed. Maybe I should do that and see if it makes any difference... will report back after I try... and drink a beer!
2015-5-30
Use props
M3SpeedRacer
lvl.3

United States

I had the exact same problem, No Signal, loss of video feed.
Sent to DJI 8 weeks ago and got it back Thursday. After two successful batteries flight, same issue returned, No Signal, loss of video. I will be calling DJI support again first thing Monday morning.
Good luck.
2015-5-30
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.3
United States

M3SpeedRacer Posted at 2015-5-31 11:37
Sent to DJI 8 weeks ago and got it bac ...

Thanks M3, good luck to you as well. Lets hope there is something we can do without sending these things back in... I didn't even get the props on...

Sure takes the fun out of it huh?
2015-5-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry that your Inspire is not working.  What device are you using and what version of the App are you on?  That is the first step in the process.
2015-5-31
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.3
United States

M3SpeedRacer Posted at 2015-5-31 11:37
Sent to DJI 8 weeks ago and got it bac ...

Hey M3, Just wondering if you got a chance to call support today? I was busy all day and couldn't  break free... hoping you might have heard something.
2015-6-1
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.3
United States

For anyone following this, I called DJI and they told me that they were 99% sure that it was the tablet I am using. Makes sense to me as it was working fine until the update. I'll go spend a bunch more money on a couple of tablets and see if that fixes it. Here is a list of compatible devices that they sent to me... I now notice that it's on the download page as well. My fault for overlooking this, but I wish they would have put it someplace more obvious.

Thank you for contacting DJI North America.
DJI Pilot App
Mobile Device System Requirements
iOS 8.0 or later
Android 4.1.2 or later
Supported Mobile Devices
•        Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
•        Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini *Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues
Best,
DJI North America
2015-6-3
Use props
cucubogdy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75223 ft
United States

The only way I was able to fix my NO Signal ( video feed) problem was to replace my camera/gimbal unit. Note that in my case I was able to control every aspect of the camera and gimbal except to receive a video feed back to my device.
2015-6-3
Use props
M3SpeedRacer
lvl.3

United States

eaglecook Posted at 2015-6-2 15:10
Hey M3, Just wondering if you got a chance to call support today? I was busy all day and couldn't  ...

Yup, got in queue finally after three hours of "high volume of calls, please try again later". They offered expedited RMA and asked that I send everything back so it's on it's way back to DJI again.
I was told Expedited RMA means 5-7 days turnaround, certainly a big improvement on DJI support in handling recurring problem units, so I'm estimating "only" three weeks without it this time. It would be nice to have a working unit back after 12 total weeks without a working unit.
2015-6-3
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.3
United States

M3SpeedRacer Posted at 2015-6-4 10:54
Yup, got in queue finally after three hours of "high volume of calls, please try again later". They ...

Insane! Did that speak to you about what tablet or device you are using? The guy I spoke to was super nice and told me that he was 99% sure if I switched to one of the approved devices the problem would resolve.

Apparently when they update the software, they only test it on those devices and other devices will do weird stuff like drop the video feed. I had 66 flights on my LG G tab and it was flawless. As soon as I updated to the new software things went wrong. I have no way of knowing for sure as I didn't have one of the ones on the list, so I rolled the dice and ordered an Ipad mini as it is on the approved list. I is supposed to arrive Friday so I'll let you know if that works. Otherwise, I'll be asking for the quick turnaround as well!!!

Best of luck with your quick turn around. It really sucks not being able to use such a great tool/toy. I hope they finally get the bugs worked out and this thing becomes stable.
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules