Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro ND filter Set
2189 17 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schmooit
Captain
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All

Is it worth getting these or is it just better to adjust in post? Im considering them, shame I cant use my 20% Select discount on them (not sure what I get out of Select if im honest!)

Ive seen others on Amazon and Ebay which are marginally 20% cheaper so just wondered what peoples thoughts are, I have them on the MPP and Air just not sure if its better to have them or not (the only donwside I can see is knwowing which one to use and having them with you all the time and maybe spoiling a take by selecting the wrong one)

Interested in your thoughts
Cheers

2018-9-20
Use props
Maveric
lvl.4
Flight distance : 377244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can't adjust what ND filters do in post so if you want the benefit of them then they are worth getting.
2018-9-20
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maveric Posted at 2018-9-20 06:48
You can't adjust what ND filters do in post so if you want the benefit of them then they are worth getting.

Could this not be color graded in say like Davinci Resolve that's what I was thinking as there are luts that can mimic the effects of an ND filter, I use them on my DSLR  for bulb photo's but just wondered if spending another £100 on them is worth it or is it worth waiting a bit for Amazon versions seeing as the select discounts are not available  on these
2018-9-20
Use props
Maveric
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schmooit Posted at 2018-9-20 08:07
Could this not be color graded in say like Davinci Resolve that's what I was thinking as there are luts that can mimic the effects of an ND filter, I use them on my DSLR  for bulb photo's but just wondered if spending another £100 on them is worth it or is it worth waiting a bit for Amazon versions seeing as the select discounts are not available  on these

Of course you can change the colour/brightness/contrast levels in post but that's not why you would use an ND filter. Ideally an ND filter should not change the colour of the light going through it at all.

As you already do with your DSLR, you're using it to control the amount of light hitting the sensor so that you have the ability to lower the shutter speed (for motion blur) or widen the aperture (for DoF / image quality) and both of those things are tricky to add in post, especially for video.
2018-9-20
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You don't need to because you can control the A, S manually now!
2018-9-20
Use props
Maveric
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2018-9-20 08:32

If you want to use 100 ISO, record 24p using a 1/50 shutter and stay under F5.6 to avoid lens diffraction, then you probably do need to.
2018-9-20
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-20
Use props
SirPasta117
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maveric Posted at 2018-9-20 08:40
If you want to use 100 ISO, record 24p using a 1/50 shutter and stay under F5.6 to avoid lens diffraction, then you probably do need to.

Exactly. Being able to lower the Aperture can help in a  pinch to reduce the amount of light coming in while keep ISO low and 180 degree shutter, but it can cause issues. ND filters are still the way to go to help get the best shots.
2018-9-20
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok Cool looks like Ill get some again then I mainly shoot video so the motion blur is not something ive even considered on the drone I assume these new ones for the pro just clip on and off  easily? shame we cant use the 20% discount from select on them though otherwise is a no brainer
2018-9-20
Use props
Maveric
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schmooit Posted at 2018-9-20 10:26
Ok Cool looks like Ill get some again then I mainly shoot video so the motion blur is not something ive even considered on the drone I assume these new ones for the pro just clip on and off  easily? shame we can use the 20% discount from select on them though otherwise is a no brainer

Cool. Have a look at some of the videos on YouTube about the 180 degree shutter rule. It's pretty interesting.

No idea on the filters for the M2P - I'm still waiting for mine to arrive!
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching us here in DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. Kindly check this Forum thread provided below. This may help you with the Mavic 2 Pro ND filter set. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-166941-1-1.html
2018-9-24
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

dronist Posted at 2018-9-20 08:32

For video you def do.
2018-9-24
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI Guys Just an update I ordered a set of the DJI Filters in the end  and they are really well made I bought them from Wex Photo and video in the end as they were cheaper than DJI! (they are £79.00 with free shipping (I had to wait for DJI to get stock so I thought I might as well wait for Wex to get them in too!)

They are the same price as DJI were charging when they released the Mavic 2 so but wouldnt allow us to back order so they then put the price up to £99.00 and would not allow select customers to use their 20% off accessories, otherwise I would have bought them! Good work there DJI
2018-10-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Schmooit Posted at 2018-10-15 12:04
HI Guys Just an update I ordered a set of the DJI Filters in the end  and they are really well made I bought them from Wex Photo and video in the end as they were cheaper than DJI! (they are £79.00 with free shipping (I had to wait for DJI to get stock so I thought I might as well wait for Wex to get them in too!)

They are the same price as DJI were charging when they released the Mavic 2 so but wouldnt allow us to back order so they then put the price up to £99.00 and would not allow select customers to use their 20% off accessories, otherwise I would have bought them! Good work there DJI

I have just received a new set of SkyReat both polarized and ND to review, they are completely New design with circular polarized filters, from what I’ve seen so far they are exceptional quality , but am jousting testing them at the moment and will post my honest opinion in a couple of days. I can say that there pricing is extremely competitive.
2018-10-15
Use props
MrTitan
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Schmooit Posted at 2018-10-15 12:04

I did exactly the same as you. The DJI ones have proven to be excellent so far. Well designed, easy to install, excellent carry case. Initially I thought the filters were quite expensive, but they were actually well worth the price at £79.
2018-10-16
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would get them if your record video a lot and include a degree of motion in your footage.
2018-10-16
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got them inn the end I have always had them on the other drones Ive had I just wondered with the new HB super-duper processing and colour do dahs that I might not need them, Ive bought them know as I think most of the what I take is video, the only bugger is knowing which one is best to use on any given day which out trying them first, I normally use ND4 as a general filter during normal overcast days, then when the sun comes out to play a 16 during the day unless its full on summers or winter sun, 32 comes out when its full on sun, 8 is early evening and then back to 4 for a sunset, night generally off depending on where im filming maybe the 4.

Ive read lots of different posts on using filters for the DSLR and find they server pretty well, and with a little more time swapping them while out is no biggy so if its scenery that isn't going anywhere I normally set myself a couple of routes and then then swap over the filters to get several takes!

I guy did offer me a free trial of the SkyReat ones but I had to buy them first and then get a refund from him so wasnt sure if it was a worth it and then found the Wex ones for £79 which were gen DJI so it was a no brainer!
2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules