1477 30 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Ok Everyone.
Very interesting feedback from DJI authorized service center.  They have never seen such a case . They are unable to fix the issue even after 1 week of flight test and calibration in their workshop.  They received some software and calibration firmwares from DJI headquarters  but the problem remains  . They have happily returned my SPARK .

I don''t know what to do next.
2018-9-20
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

They KNOW it's broke and won't fix it? I assume it must be out of warranty.
It is strange that several people have experienced this jumpy behavior and they have the unmitigated gall to feign ignorance of the issue.
OTOH, could be you just ran into a service center that just did not want to fool with it.
2018-9-20
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Wierd that they didn't swap parts from the mock up (known good Spark) they have in their shop.  Swap tronics to determine if the motors are binding or one of the ESC's is failing. tape the downward sensors to eliminate their input?
2018-9-20
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-9-20 08:54
Wierd that they didn't swap parts from the mock up (known good Spark) they have in their shop.  Swap tronics to determine if the motors are binding or one of the ESC's is failing. tape the downward sensors to eliminate their input?

yep, now i need to troubleshoot the problem myself !!   I didn't get time for the last two months...hope I get some time next week !!
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

S.J Posted at 2018-9-20 09:30
yep, now i need to troubleshoot the problem myself !!   I didn't get time for the last two months...hope I get some time next week !!

Hi, S.J. I apologize for the trouble you are having at the moment. I have gotten your case number through forum. I will be checking on the updates on this case, then after I will be sending you a notification as soon as possible. Thank you for the patience.
2018-9-20
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Seriously? So they openly admit they have no clue what the issue is (which would make it fall under faulty hardware over user error)..

Instead of do what any other even non decent company would do and replace it, they just send you back the faulty one and say "meh, we tried"?

2018-9-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

At least they were honest, lol.
2018-9-20
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-9-20 14:24
At least they were honest, lol.

true
2018-9-20
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-9-20 12:26
Hi, S.J. I apologize for the trouble you are having at the moment. I have gotten your case number through forum. I will be checking on the updates on this case, then after I will be sending you a notification as soon as possible. Thank you for the patience.

OK.  I think the problem with the DJI service center is they are short on staff !!.  The SPARK was with them for 1  week !  They have all the sophisticated high end drones .  I think the SPARK being small , they don't have time to open and check !   My case number with them was 1488 .  ( Kuwait DJI service center)
2018-9-20
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-20 13:27
Seriously? So they openly admit they have no clue what the issue is (which would make it fall under faulty hardware over user error)..

Instead of do what any other even non decent company would do and replace it, they just send you back the faulty one and say "meh, we tried"?

They told me they need more time to test as they have never seen such a case . Also they had received the DJI calibration firmwares from headquarters but it seems nothing worked. They told me the problem is some hardware inside the drone  ! So the question is what were they doing for 1 week with my drone !!   
2018-9-20
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-9-20 08:54
Wierd that they didn't swap parts from the mock up (known good Spark) they have in their shop.  Swap tronics to determine if the motors are binding or one of the ESC's is failing. tape the downward sensors to eliminate their input?

precisely....i would do the same....It looks like they have shortage of staff ..So the easy thing to say would be we tested and found we couldn't do it and we need more time !!...  It was there fo a week .....Also mine was the smallest drone in their shop !!  
2018-9-20
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-9-20 08:22
They KNOW it's broke and won't fix it? I assume it must be out of warranty.
It is strange that several people have experienced this jumpy behavior and they have the unmitigated gall to feign ignorance of the issue.
OTOH, could be you just ran into a service center that just did not want to fool with it.

....May be they didn't want me to know the defect as it might be costly to fix ...I don''t know but any customer would like to know what the hell is the issue with the drone !!
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 2018-9-20 19:13
OK.  I think the problem with the DJI service center is they are short on staff !!.  The SPARK was with them for 1  week !  They have all the sophisticated high end drones .  I think the SPARK being small , they don't have time to open and check !   My case number with them was 1488 .  ( Kuwait DJI service center)

Hi S.J, sorry to know your dealer is not able to help to get the drone fixed, in this case, they will send in the drone to DJI official repair center for further assistance, our repair team will help to get it fixed, hope everything goes smoothly and you will get the drone back soon.
2018-9-20
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

All the issues started after the latest update including failure in the obstacle front  sensor.  But the amazing part is the drone flies more than a  mile distance without any fuss sometimes  with tons of compass errors during flight but returns to home point location precisely  !!   Except during the last stages of landing the drone simply jumps to the ground ...I think I can expect my camera gimbal to break any moment...
2018-9-20
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-20 19:27
Hi S.J, sorry to know your dealer is not able to help to get the drone fixed, in this case, they will send in the drone to DJI official repair center for further assistance, our repair team will help to get it fixed, hope everything goes smoothly and you will get the drone back soon.

Yes, i got the drone back to my home....What you mean they will send the unit out to DJI .  They just told me they need more time.  More than a week !!
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 2018-9-20 19:34
Yes, i got the drone back to my home....What you mean they will send the unit out to DJI .  They just told me they need more time.  More than a week !!

Sorry that I didn't realize you have got the drone back from the dealer, I would recommend to wait for their further verification, if they are still unable to locate the reason and get it fixed, we suggest to send back the drone to DJI official repair center via the dealer's system.
2018-9-21
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-21 02:23
Sorry that I didn't realize you have got the drone back from the dealer, I would recommend to wait for their further verification, if they are still unable to locate the reason and get it fixed, we suggest to send back the drone to DJI official repair center via the dealer's system.

Ill be travelling and therefore i requested a return.  Will again send in the unit after i return from my travel.
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 2018-9-21 02:28
Ill be travelling and therefore i requested a return.  Will again send in the unit after i return from my travel.

We don't recommend to keep flying the drone since the bottom sensor seems not work well, which may cause the accident, for the safety concern, please contact your dealer to send in as soon as possible.
2018-9-21
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-21 02:58
We don't recommend to keep flying the drone since the bottom sensor seems not work well, which may cause the accident, for the safety concern, please contact your dealer to send in as soon as possible.

ok..thank you . will do the necessary.
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 2018-9-21 05:14
ok..thank you . will do the necessary.

You are welcome, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2018-9-21
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-21 05:26
You are welcome, please let us know if you have any further concern.

This is what I did today . the drone flies perfectly for 1.5 KM distance .  As you see in the Airdata results, there seems to be an ESC motor error  during landing ...this could be the fault .  Also the front obstacle sensors don't work .  

https://app.airdata.com/share/fhRPOD
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Good day S.J. Thank you for the additional information. Since this issue is happening to your DJI Spark. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI support by sending an email to support@dji.com for further assessment and analysis of the drone. Thank you for your support.
2018-9-21
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-9-21 14:05
Good day S.J. Thank you for the additional information. Since this issue is happening to your DJI Spark. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI support by sending an email to  for further assessment and analysis of the drone. Thank you for your support.

yes, will do the necessary after my travel
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

S.J Posted at 2018-9-21 23:12
yes, will do the necessary after my travel

Thank you! If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-9-22
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 2018-10-11 15:47
PROGRAMMING ALGORITHIM ISSUE FOR THE DOWNWARD SENSING

Hi S.J, the vision system may be affected when flying over surfaces with identical repeating patterns or textures, please do more tests, if the issue persists, please contact your dealer or our support team to send in for further diagnosis, thank you.
2018-10-11
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

i contacted and gave the drone for service. they couldnt identify the problem.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 2018-10-11 21:14
i contacted and gave the drone for service. they couldnt identify the problem.

Do you mean the dealer or DJI official repair center? If the dealer can't help you out, you can send in the drone to our official repair center for further evaluation.
2018-10-11
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-11 22:14
Do you mean the dealer or DJI official repair center? If the dealer can't help you out, you can send in the drone to our official repair center for further evaluation.

Im based in Kuwait.  The official dealer for DJI mentioned they require the drone to do more tests. I feel they cannot solve the issue as everything is  perfectly fine except that obstacle front sensor is not working and downward sensor creates a issue while landing !! there is no indication of a failure in the Go 4 App.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S.J Posted at 2018-10-11 22:26
Im based in Kuwait.  The official dealer for DJI mentioned they require the drone to do more tests. I feel they cannot solve the issue as everything is  perfectly fine except that obstacle front sensor is not working and downward sensor creates a issue while landing !! there is no indication of a failure in the Go 4 App.

I understand your experience, wouldn't they help to send in the drone to the official repair center if they cannot solve it?
2018-10-12
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

Finally I got my SPARK fixed at the local DJI store . They charged me $120 for a brand new SPARK motherboard. The SPARK is perfectly working and there is no jumpy issue. Also the front obstacle sensor is back and fully functional . It seems that the sensors were alright but the motherboard had some issue which is beyond anyone's repair.
2019-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules