Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do dji Service reply to requests for help?
755 9 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twickers11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2658570 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone. I sent a request for help to dji Service a fortnight ago and have not had a reply. On my Spark I was getting “ESC Status, No2 Error and No3 Error. I have had no reply. Is this normal and should I perhaps pop this type of question on the Forum? Being a Newbie advice would be welcomed. Many thanks.
2018-9-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The admins can get you an answer much faster.
2018-9-20
Use props
twickers11
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks. Can you tell me what you mean by “Admins”-is that the Forum?
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. If may I ask what happened to your aircraft prior to this issue? Did your drone experience any incident? Please let us know for further assistance.
2018-9-20
Use props
twickers11
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for the contact. My Spark parted company unexpectedly with its battery while in-flight and descended into thick river estuary mud. I lost the battery of course but rescued the Spark. After a painstaking clean up (5 hours) I started the Spark up and whilst connection was made between RC and craft this was the Error Message I got on my iPad. Hope this helps.
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

twickers11 Posted at 2018-9-20 09:45
Thanks for the contact. My Spark parted company unexpectedly with its battery while in-flight and descended into thick river estuary mud. I lost the battery of course but rescued the Spark. After a painstaking clean up (5 hours) I started the Spark up and whilst connection was made between RC and craft this was the Error Message I got on my iPad. Hope this helps.

Hi twickers11, sorry for the mishap, for this situation, it is recommended to send in the device for further evaluation, please note if the aircraft is water-damaged, its performance may be severely affected, and the aircraft will be beyond repair. So a replacement service is provided, instead of repair services if the product is sent in. Please start a ticket here to send in: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

For the lack of response by our support fortnight, may I know how did you contact our support? Via email or online chat? Could you please provide us your own email account which you are usedused to contact us at that time so that we can make an investigation why you were not replied? Thank you in advance.
2018-9-20
Use props
twickers11
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy. I contacted dji through the Forum and addressed it to the Service team. I have successfully cleaned my Spark and it is operating as normal. I was very lucky. I shared my experience on the Forum as I wanted other pilots to know that it is worth working hard to rescue their Spark from difficult crashes, albeit caused by the battery falling off mid-flight, which was not my fault as I understand this is a known phenomenon.
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

twickers11 Posted at 2018-9-20 22:48
Thanks Mindy. I contacted dji through the Forum and addressed it to the Service team. I have successfully cleaned my Spark and it is operating as normal. I was very lucky. I shared my experience on the Forum as I wanted other pilots to know that it is worth working hard to rescue their Spark from difficult crashes, albeit caused by the battery falling off mid-flight, which was not my fault as I understand this is a known phenomenon.

Thanks, I managed to check your previous post, our admin has recommended to contact our support team to start a case and send in. We admins are unable to start the RMA ticket, you will need to contact our support team for this process or please refer to my post in 6# to start a ticket online.
If you believe the mishap has nothing to do with the pilot, you can apply the data analysis as long as the drone is still in the warranty period, we have professional analysis team who will help to figure out the reason and then the corresponding resolution will be provided, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2018-9-20
Use props
twickers11
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy. I bought the Spark in the US so I think that will void my replacement deal here in the UK. Whatever, I have my Spark back up and flying and have bought a battery strap to stop the battery falling off. I also had to buy a new battery to replace the one in the local estuary! Let’s hope that is the last incident. Regards Mike.
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

twickers11 Posted at 2018-9-20 23:57
Thanks Mindy. I bought the Spark in the US so I think that will void my replacement deal here in the UK. Whatever, I have my Spark back up and flying and have bought a battery strap to stop the battery falling off. I also had to buy a new battery to replace the one in the local estuary! Let’s hope that is the last incident. Regards Mike.

Mike, yes, we do not provide the international warranty currently, if the drone was purchased from the US and you send back to the repair center in EU, the warranty service cannot be provided even there is a product defect, sorry for the inconvenience.
If the drone was descended into the river, it could be water-damaged, we do not recommend keeping flying since there may be potential issues, it would be better to send back to the repair center for a thorough evaluation.
2018-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules