GOOGLES RE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MAVIC PRO 2!
2885 30 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mickey t
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi  

This is a message to all frustrated new mavic pro 2 /goggle re users who have just bought the new pack together or even separately

We spent hours and hours and many emails telling them the goggles re to not work on the dji assistant two and it does not recognise them.CANNOT UPDATE !

They told us to change the leads ,delete and redo the program,check,check check,then even suggested returning to get fixed

They now ADMIT THERE IS A SOFTWARE ISSUE AND THE GOOGLES RE ARE NOT COMPATIBLE .They are waiting on a fix !!

We spoke with the lovely Charles and he is going to email me this news

They dont know when the fix will be done so our expensive goggles are usless until the fix is made

Not good to go to market with this not working and really poor of DJI to not tell all its goggle re customers of the issue

I hope this helps all of you going through the same issues as my son and I

seriously let down and hope they fix it soon

If anyone knows of a real fix please let us know

all software is fully utodate

Mike

2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. May we have the version of your application? Where did you purchase this package? What computer are you using? Did you manage to use the DJI Assistant 2 to our Mavic 2 Pro as well to see if our application will detect your aircraft? Please let us know for further updates.
2018-9-20
Use props
mickey t
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hi

We were told tonight by Charles that there is a software issue and an update needed to allow the dji assistant 2 to recognise the goggles re ..yes it recognises the mavic 2 pro but no ,not the goggles

we have deleted the assistant 2 and reloaded many times   v1.2.4

its a DJI software issue and I feel very let down after spending over £2300 on new equipement,spending hours on youtube ,sensing emails and finally being told tonight there is a software issue

I purchased direct with dji

Im using a mac book pro..we also tried on windows .  we changed cables three times to the goggles ..we did all requested ..still does not recognise the goggles re

super poor .  

please put a notice up saying you have a software issue !!

2018-9-20
Use props
byhead
lvl.3
United States

Got my RE's yesterday, 9-19-18  After having read on these forums that one must
DL assistant 2  v. 124. I have already DL'd  v 2.0 for the upgrade to my new M2P
the day prior.  ALL went well.  I first tried to do the .0600 FwUg using v.2.0 but
to no avail. So i had the 124 exe on my main HD. At first I was scared to run BOTH
at the same time. But did it anyway.  With v.124 the FwUg .0600 to the goggles
detected and uploaded to the goog's in 13 minutes.
I labeled the 'older' version = ass2-124 to tell the difference, or if v2.0 was
lost when running both exe's.  No Problems.
MAVIC 2 shows up in the link menu...
Why am i so unbelievably lucky....
This coming weekend is going to 77 and light winds. We'll test her out then.
Byron  BTW FwUg is firmware upgrade...
2018-9-20
Use props
BirddogSK
lvl.2
Canada

My RE goggles work well with the mavic 2 pro.  No issues here.
2018-9-20
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530614 ft
United States

Mine work but the distance they have signal is still shorter than the remote.  I also have to use the pagoda antenna to get the distance.  One important thing, I am using a Mac.  I installed the DJI assistant for M2P which is a separate binary from the DJI Assistant for the goggles.  Two apps to get the job done.

FIX THE RANGE PLEASE
2018-9-20
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft

A buddy of mine is having the exact same issue,  the assistant 2 simply will not recognize the goggles and therefore cannot update to get it to work with the Mavic 2 Pro.
2018-9-20
Use props
mickey t
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all.We were told last night by Charles ,who contacted his software guys ,that there is a compatibility issue with the mavic 2 pro and the new goggles re.

Some may be lucky..some seem to use older versions ,but we are fully up to date I'm told yet the goggles dont registeron assistant two  .

Ive no idea what to do now but sit and wait for DJI to send an update as clearly there is a bigger issue here and as they are selling like hot cakes ,they dont want this know

Administrator please come clean on this and check with your Hk guys who have told me there is a bug .Charles is the manager .I want this resolved please as we are most certainly not alone on this issue
2018-9-21
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Stop whining mickey, this is not the end of the world.
2018-9-21
Use props
mickey t
lvl.1
United Kingdom

admin   :     this is a serious forum ..please remove the rude ghostrdr from the forums if he is to be so rude .  There is an issue and we are trying to resolve and are certainly not whining!   So please jog on and insult someone else Gostdr as this is a most unpleasant post and against forum rules .
2018-9-21
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-20 11:33
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. May we have the version of your application? Where did you purchase this package? What computer are you using? Did you manage to use the DJI Assistant 2 to our Mavic 2 Pro as well to see if our application will detect your aircraft? Please let us know for further updates.

Please add me to the list Tony…  

I am also running the latest firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro & RE Goggles, they connect fine, however after flying just 200 feet away from the Goggles the connection drops completely.  

Can you please either offer a step by step set of instructions on how to fix it, or let us know if this is indeed a known issue that will be addressed down the road with a firmware update by DJI.

Thanks
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mickey t Posted at 2018-9-20 12:05
hi

We were told tonight by Charles that there is a software issue and an update needed to allow the dji assistant 2 to recognise the goggles re ..yes it recognises the mavic 2 pro but no ,not the goggles

Hi, Thanks for your response. We terribly apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you can try to download the assistant 2 under the Mavic 2 Pro page to see if it will detect the DJI Goggles? While we're waiting for our team to give you an update. Please refer to the link below for you to install the application, ensure that the existing DJI Assistant 2 is completely deleted first.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mavical Posted at 2018-9-22 12:43
Please add me to the list Tony…  

I am also running the latest firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro & RE Goggles, they connect fine, however after flying just 200 feet away from the Goggles the connection drops completely.  

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what is the firmware version of your Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Goggles?  I would recommend relinking the RC and Aircraft then try to connect your DJI Goggles again to see if the issue will persist.
2018-9-23
Use props
Ergnevada
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 12:47
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what is the firmware version of your Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Goggles?  I would recommend relinking the RC and Aircraft then try to connect your DJI Goggles again to see if the issue will persist.

I also have had no luck linking RE Goggles with MP@, keeps telling me to retry. Really maddening.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ergnevada Posted at 2018-9-23 13:26
I also have had no luck linking RE Goggles with MP@, keeps telling me to retry. Really maddening.

Hi, Please ensure that the firmware of the aircraft, RC and DJI Goggles is up to date then try to re-link it again. You can use the DJI Assistant 2 for you to update the firmware of your unit. Please keep us posted.
2018-9-23
Use props
Ergnevada
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 13:50
Hi, Please ensure that the firmware of the aircraft, RC and DJI Goggles is up to date then try to re-link it again. You can use the DJI Assistant 2 for you to update the firmware of your unit. Please keep us posted.

I have done that twice, no luck
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ergnevada Posted at 2018-9-23 15:13
I have done that twice, no luck

May I have the current firmware of your DJI Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro?
2018-9-23
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 12:47

Tony,

I am running the very latest application versions and device's firmware:

Mavic 2 Pro
- Application version: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.2 / Firmware: V01.00.0000

DJI Goggles RE
- DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 / Firmware: V01.00.0600

To recap the issue that many of us on this forum are experiencing, the Goggles RE edition disconnect from the Mavic 2 Pro after barley a few hundred feet away. I have refreshed at least 3 times and still have the same poor distance results.

Can you please officially tell us if this is a known issue and that DJI is working in it… or if we should return our Goggles for replacements? Please advise.

Thank you.
2018-9-26
Use props
userfa2a7aa11a
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

My goggles can connect to Mavic 2, but the view is out of focus.
2018-9-27
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I connected the RE Goggles to V1.2.4 and upgraded the firmware fine. I just whip up a Windows 7 VM on my UNRAID server to do all my work. Yes, the distance is a HUGE issue and I have lost my original bird twice but did a nice soft landing on cut grass. No problems. Even with the corrective lenses I won't use the RE Goggles unless I know the distance bug/issue is fixed. If it is a hardware issue, well there goes $400 down the drain really.

Here is the link for the DJI Assistant to update the RE Goggles.
https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles-re/downloads
DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.4  dated 05/16/2018

Then here is the link to download the newer version to update the rest of the gear. (Mavic 2 gear)
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
Looks like new version just came out 2 days ago. No RE Goggles in the new version. Still need to use old V1.2.4 to update goggles.
DJI Assistant V2.02. Dated 09/26/2018

Come on DJI, get those developers to pack everything in one program so we can see everything we have on one screen. Not everyone is a computer wizard. Glad I can whip up a VM machine real easy with my UNRAID server. Unless that's what the new version 2.02 does? Will have to check it out.
Link for the corrective lenses for the goggles ( if I will use the goggles ). I really hope DJI doesn't stiff us and come out with another version of goggles. I have a very funny feeling there will be another set coming out called version 2 or similar. Arggghhh. I hope they have the trade up program for that.
https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ve-lenses?vid=36901

Video explaining how to move camera without moving the bird.

2018-9-27
Use props
Maveric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

userfa2a7aa11a Posted at 2018-9-27 10:16
My goggles can connect to Mavic 2, but the view is out of focus.

Have you;

a) Made sure the camera on the drone is in focus?
b) Adjusted the lenses of the Goggles with the dial on the bottom of them?
c) Taken the protective film that they ship with off of the lenses?
2018-9-27
Use props
Maveric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same problem. Goggles updated with DJI Assistant 2 and connect to the Mavic 2 Pro just fine but after about 300m both the Goggles and the RC lose connection to the drone. Without the Goggles switched on, everything works fine.
2018-9-27
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

mickey t Posted at 2018-9-21 03:42
admin   :     this is a serious forum ..please remove the rude ghostrdr from the forums if he is to be so rude .  There is an issue and we are trying to resolve and are certainly not whining!   So please jog on and insult someone else Gostdr as this is a most unpleasant post and against forum rules .

Amen. That's all I have to say about that.
2018-10-5
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Maveric Posted at 2018-9-27 23:46
I have the same problem. Goggles updated with DJI Assistant 2 and connect to the Mavic 2 Pro just fine but after about 300m both the Goggles and the RC lose connection to the drone. Without the Goggles switched on, everything works fine.

I’m having this issue also. When I have the RC (controller w/ iPhone) connect to M2P and the Goggles RE, when one cuts out/freezes, the other cuts out/freezes. I can only fly 300m horizontally and 80m vertically, before this issue occurs.

DJI, is this a known issue? When do you expect a firmware update?

- Thanks
2018-10-6
Use props
Pump Jocky
New
Flight distance : 21253 ft
United States

The assistant sees my google and drone and both are updated to latest version as of yesterday.  My googles will not connect to the Mavic pro Zoom.  I understand Research and development and in what I do we usually do it before we send it into the public not let the public do it for us.  I guess DJI goes about things a different way.
2018-10-7
Use props
Pump Jocky
New
Flight distance : 21253 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 13:50

TONY
I'm sure like myself all these firmware versions are up to date and getting kind of sick of you stating the obvious.  You're like a Trouble shooting guild.  never anything in there you hadn't already tried before looking.   
2018-10-7
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Mavical Posted at 2018-9-26 17:15
Tony,

I am running the very latest application versions and device's firmware:

Has there been an update on this issue? Have you had any luck Mavical?
2018-10-10
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-10 15:06
Has there been an update on this issue? Have you had any luck Mavical?

Hey UNsyncED,

I was able to do some unscientific testing this afternoon, in a nutshell I can obtain decent range (2-miles) on both the original white Goggles and on the RE Goggles when I force it to 2.4 and I am in airplane mode on my iPhone… with airplane mode turned off I can get about a mile before it disconnects.

When I am in 5.8 or “Dual” I only get to 500-feet before it hemorrhage's out on both the RC and Goggles.

My guess is that while 5.8 gives you a seriously great quality image in the goggles when at close range, you need to manually switch to 2.4 for any real distance… hopefully DJI will get the software to behave they way they would like by having the “Dual” option actually work and switch over when needed.

…with all that said, I am still not sure why I am getting better distance in airplane mode, any thoughts ?
2018-10-12
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

Mavical Posted at 2018-10-12 14:10
Hey UNsyncED,

I was able to do some unscientific testing this afternoon, in a nutshell I can obtain decent range (2-miles) on both the original white Goggles and on the RE Goggles when I force it to 2.4 and I am in airplane mode on my iPhone… with airplane mode turned off I can get about a mile before it disconnects.

Could there be some kind of interference from the cellular service that’s interrupting the feed from the goggles? Or could there be interference coming from your home router if you’re flying from home? Makes since if it’s working in airplane mode but I have no idea why? I’m having the same issues as they’re unusable and I’m getting frustrated. I will try what you did and see if putting it in airplane mode and manually setting the channel works
2018-10-29
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
United States

Question for the group,

Has anyone come up with a workaround to bypass the wireless connection on the RE Goggles and link it directly through the USB hub with a cable on the Mavic 2 Pro’s RC?
2018-11-12
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
United States

Question for the group.

After many months of nudging DJI to address the range issue with the Goggle RE and Mavic 2 Pro, they have just asked me to send them back the unit so they can “replace the core board” *See attached email.

My question is this, before I send these Goggles all the way back to China, has anyone on here seen or know of anyone who owns a pair of the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro who have not had an issue? Because it appears to me that everyone with this combo has the same exact issue, just wondering that if it’s a design flaw then sending them back would just be a waste of time.

Thanks
2019-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules