Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI should've included the Sony Multi USB Cable with RONIN-S [POLL]
3439 16 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Imagine This
lvl.3

Canada

The new update for the Ronin-S finally included support for the Sony Cameras, however this seems very counter intuitive as the required cable was never included with the original Ronin-S. It seems that DJI rushed the shipment of the Ronin-S, and tried to patch up their mistake with this latest update and later on RE-SELLING us the functionality that we oringally were adverstised to and paid for.

Share your thoughts below if you think DJI should ship us FREE Sony multi USB cables as they originally advertised.
Single SelectVote, Total 112 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-9-20
Use props
khainguyen
lvl.1

Vietnam

This is shame for DJI to asking customer to buy the accessory to make it work with originally adverstised camera! And I'm cannot buy or get one since my country don't have any DJI Store. This could be the first and the last DJI product that I buy.
2018-9-21
Use props
wmarz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 42795 ft
Germany

khainguyen Posted at 2018-9-21 04:57
This is shame for DJI to asking customer to buy the accessory to make it work with originally adverstised camera! And I'm cannot buy or get one since my country don't have any DJI Store. This could be the first and the last DJI product that I buy.

I see that too. DJI should supply the cable to the customers of the ronin-s with Sony camera free of charge and
2018-9-21
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As a new purchaser of the Ronin S I am a little disappointed the cable didn't come as standard and agree DJI should send a Sony cable to all past and future buyers. Failing that free postage, pop it in an envelope and not ship through DHL/FedX
2018-9-21
Use props
Haxorious

DJI:
Releases $700 product
Makes customers wait 1 month for shipping
People finds out there's no camera support
Makes customers wait another 2 months for a firmware update
Makes customers buy a seperate cable that DJI didn't include in the box
Cable costs $19
Customers have to wait another 1 month for cable to ship

Best product ever?
2018-9-21
Use props
Pauxier
First Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be interesting to see who is going to buy one anyway.
2018-9-24
Use props
fans20983502
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82208 ft
United States

I bought one this morning because I am going on a shoot next week and it would be SUPER handy. I have been shooting with the Ronin and my Sony over the past few weeks, have been making it work by touching the camera's buttons to at least make the functionality happen - but it is clunky at best.  I am not so upset about having to pay for the cable (and shipping) but now it is going to take 10-15 days after purchase to ship?? Ugh!!
2018-9-25
Use props
Joni-Pekka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168852 ft
Finland

They should at least offer free postage. For me the postage costs more than the cable. Not a cheap fix...
2018-9-26
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I also expect the cable to be sent for free!
DJI, I directly ordered the Ronin-S from you, you have my address and I also own and use both Sony a6500 as a7M3.
Please send me the cable.
2018-9-28
Use props
Hellrayray
New

Canada

Not sure why shipping is $18. I ordered mine last week and it was supposed to ship Monday. Still not shipped. For that kind of money for something that could fit in an envelope those are overnight prices. You suck DJI.
2018-10-6
Use props
fansf30112c1
lvl.1
United States

DJI is a joke. Almost $40 for a Cable because their product failed, and then still has limitations. Yeah, I'll be selling mine lol
2018-10-11
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you are just gonna write off a whole set of users? Im sure this wont backfire or anything. Great job at getting your customers to recommend other products.
2018-10-15
Use props
Spruce_Moose
lvl.1
Australia

I have the new cable and dont believe it's worth it. The only function that i see works is the record button to record film but then the IR cable supplied did that anyway.... Without a power zoom lens the wheel is useless. And the half press autofocus is useless for filming as it only works in AF-C which the camera continuously autofocuses anyway.
2018-10-18
Use props
JGPhoto
lvl.1

United States

I feel DJI took advantage of their loyal customers. It's as if I bought a lemon. I'm pretty sure their are laws against this.
2018-10-20
Use props
Simon Bauer
Flight distance : 627 ft
United States

Haxorious Posted at 9-21 13:28
DJI:
Releases $700 product
Makes customers wait 1 month for shipping

Ronin S still doesn't work properly with the A7III / Lightweight setup.  It's bouncy as hell
2018-11-18
Use props
CaptBellio
lvl.1
Canada

Here in Canada the cable cost me $29 and it still doesn't support focusing, but yay I get to start and stop my camera using the button on the handle. Oh, and did I mention the Osmo-S costs $1100 here in Canada?
2018-11-18
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some B.S. for sure. Should be free.
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now