Mavic 2 Pro camera shifting when flying forward
3057 14 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft

Was out flying My Mavic 2 Pro and noticed that as soon as I input the forward stick in both sport and gps mode the camera will almost instantly drop down to around -10 on the slider.  I’m not sure if it’s a side effect to the new DJI go update but it’s definitely not right.
2018-9-20
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Try to refresh the drone in assistant. I checked the imu numbers today after a new battery was updated and they were high (had 2 of them 0 after last calibration). Refreshed and redid the imu. Maybe it has to settle in its skin a bit with flights before doing a final imu calibration. Haven't seen that with the gimbal, but the horizon needed a roll adjustment after that last flight too.
2018-9-20
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4

After more testing it’s only in sport mode with anywhere from -4 if you go really gentle or go full stick right away -10 . Which pretty much makes sport mode unusable for shooting video .
2018-9-20
Use props
Chumley
lvl.3
Flight distance : 480774 ft
Australia

I found the same thing flying in a very strong headwind. The app was giving Excessive Pitch angle messages at the same time as the camera would pitch down. I assumed the M2P was pitching past 45° which exceeds the camera gimbal capability. I tested it by holding it in my hand and tilting it forward and it does indeed pitch the camera down about 10° when it hits the limit.
2018-9-20
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4

Definitely something that could screw up a good video if you needed to shoot on a windy day and switched into sport mode only to have your camera shift and ruin your video. Needs to be fixed
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Chumley Posted at 2018-9-20 18:47
I found the same thing flying in a very strong headwind. The app was giving Excessive Pitch angle messages at the same time as the camera would pitch down. I assumed the M2P was pitching past 45° which exceeds the camera gimbal capability. I tested it by holding it in my hand and tilting it forward and it does indeed pitch the camera down about 10° when it hits the limit.

Hi, sorry for the trouble caused. However, we don't advise to fly your drone in a strong wind because this can damage your drone and it might fly away. Please fly with caution. Thanks.
2018-9-21
Use props
irenavision
lvl.2

hi there. Just wondering if you are still experiencing this. This was happening to me with factory setting almost all the time. It did improve when I adjusted exp, sensitivity and brake settings and being very gentle with the sticks. Still happens sporadically when braking backwards mostly. I never saw this on the mavic pro. I figured it was defect with the drone since it did not improve after all the calibrations. Unfortunately I just picked up a second zoom and its exhibiting the same behavior. So am thinking this may just be a flight characteristic of this model. Just wondering were you able to solve this problem or is it still persisting for you?
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21312 ft
  • >>>
United States

irenavision Posted at 9-29 09:39
hi there. Just wondering if you are still experiencing this. This was happening to me with factory setting almost all the time. It did improve when I adjusted exp, sensitivity and brake settings and being very gentle with the sticks. Still happens sporadically when braking backwards mostly. I never saw this on the mavic pro. I figured it was defect with the drone since it did not improve after all the calibrations. Unfortunately I just picked up a second zoom and its exhibiting the same behavior. So am thinking this may just be a flight characteristic of this model. Just wondering were you able to solve this problem or is it still persisting for you?

Same issue right out of the box.  I've flown it 4 times and each time there will be a sudden unexplained drop in the camera for no reason
2018-12-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

Parli anche di questo problema? Hai risolto mesi dopo? grazie

2019-1-17
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you try switching between FPV Mode and Follow Mode? Follow: Angle between gimbal and aircraft nose remains the same, FPV: Ginbal synchronizes with the movement of the aircraft.
2019-1-17
Use props
losga77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11270 ft
Italy

Hi! I just noticed the same problem.... How did you solve it?
2019-3-27
Use props
skier
lvl.1
Norway

Hi, I'm also having this problem. Did anyone of you manage to solve it?
2019-4-2
Use props
fans626ede4c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23284 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys, sorry to say I just experienced this same issue yesterday for the first time. Been flying the Mavic 2 Pro for 2 or 3 weeks now with no issues, then yesterday out of nowhere when I fly forwards the camera drops just as described by others here. I can correct it with the wheel but it goes again. If I fly slowly it doesn’t happen. Never had this issue until yesterday. Has anyone figured out what’s causing this? Clearly enough of us with the same problem so curious to know what DJI are saying about it...
2019-6-4
Use props
dan710ths
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23284 ft
United Kingdom

Hey folks, same here I'm afraid. Had my Mavic 2 Pro for about three weeks, no issue to begin with but then the shift issue arose. It happens in calm conditions so not wind related. It happens both at speed and when going slowly, and in both forward and backward directions. I've not even put it in sport mode yet. This is all happening in P mode. Anyone got any idea what DJI are saying in response to this. Judging by this thread alone it is clearly a fairly common fault.  
2019-6-21
Use props
playtime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17439970 ft
Australia

dan710ths Posted at 6-21 10:57
Hey folks, same here I'm afraid. Had my Mavic 2 Pro for about three weeks, no issue to begin with but then the shift issue arose. It happens in calm conditions so not wind related. It happens both at speed and when going slowly, and in both forward and backward directions. I've not even put it in sport mode yet. This is all happening in P mode. Anyone got any idea what DJI are saying in response to this. Judging by this thread alone it is clearly a fairly common fault.

This is actually a safety feature of the drone to stop the camera hitting the nose of the drone.
2019-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules