894 11 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

When it comes to saving lives, you have to be sure you're using the  right tools. That's why DJI invests in rigorously testing its products  for use in the field. It's not just about how a drone can fly - it's  about how people use it.  Website: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fenterprise.dji.com&v=uEIV3eOPAB8&event=video_description&redir_token=0azs-T6j9OXitqwCl8JsivmGeCB8MTUzNzYwMDQ2MUAxNTM3NTE0MDYx  

2018-9-20
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m wondering what’s going to happen when a search and rescue team is called to look for someone lost near a “no fly” zone. Their investment launches and swoops down toward the known area a victim was last seen, it enters the no fly as the site just happens to be in a field near a nuclear power plant. As it enters the zone, it lands in the creek that feeds the cooling water source fed by a nearby river. The drone is lost forever, and the victim... Does DJI make exceptions to the rules for these drones?

Jeff
2018-9-21
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-9-21 00:46
I’m wondering what’s going to happen when a search and rescue team is called to look for someone lost near a “no fly” zone. Their investment launches and swoops down toward the known area a victim was last seen, it enters the no fly as the site just happens to be in a field near a nuclear power plant. As it enters the zone, it lands in the creek that feeds the cooling water source fed by a nearby river. The drone is lost forever, and the victim... Does DJI make exceptions to the rules for these drones?

Jeff

Hi here where I live in Europe, as long as you are a licensed pilot , you can get a "full" waiver from "authorities" for rescue & emergency missions, whatever it means
2018-9-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-9-21 00:46

Jeff

agreed in this point ...
2018-9-21
Use props
Dutch Drone Adventures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61535 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful video!
2018-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Could you protect yourself? Grin

Life saving, support.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dro protect me inside
2018-9-21
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally, I do not feel that DJI should be policing the fly zones. They are basically sitting themselves up for liability in my opinion. What if they do not geo fence an  area and someone enters that area? The pilot should ultimately be the responsible party.

I can fly my Cessna 172 into restricted areas, MOAs, Class B, Class C, etc airspace with no limitations other than the fact that I know there are systems in place that I must follow to enter these airspaces.

I do not want DJI or anyone else restricting my drone from being able to fly into any airspace, where I, as a pilot know where to fly it.
2018-9-21
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alvaro L Posted at 2018-9-21 01:14
Hi here where I live in Europe, as long as you are a licensed pilot , you can get a "full" waiver from "authorities" for rescue & emergency missions, whatever it means

Yes, search and rescue get a waiver. Waiver in hand standing by the edge of the creek where somewhere underwater lodged in the silt, the drone quietly lurks. Because DJI stands by their liability self-defense. The question isn't can you get the authorities to agree, it's can you get DJI on board. I've been flying DJI products for several years. I've only flown DJI Geo Map aircraft for about 9 months. In that time there hasn't been a single discussion by anyone who was able to have the Geo System unlocked for any reason, other than a short term pass using unlocking. It's my opinion that in the case of search and rescue, they should make an exception. But I'm acting like I know whether they do or don't. I know nothing of the professional series DJI products, or if official services are even bound to the Geo Map.

Jeff
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Awesome. Thanks for sharing this video in Forum. Cheers!
2018-9-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work!     
2018-9-22
Use props
ChArl!3
Second Officer