Out of Focus Mavic 2 Zoom
4821 12 2018-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kcole0929
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1007864 ft
United States

After taking any type of specialized shot ie) Super Res, Dolly Zoom etc - the camera stays out of focus for a while.  Has anyone ran into this?
2018-9-21
Use props
kcole0929
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1007864 ft
United States

In fact, after going through my photos from today, MOST of my images are out of focus, regular, HDR, doesn't matter 75% of them are out of focus.  Am I doing something wrong?   I am lightly pressing the photo button for it to AF then taking the shot...
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kcole0929 Posted at 2018-9-21 11:50
In fact, after going through my photos from today, MOST of my images are out of focus, regular, HDR, doesn't matter 75% of them are out of focus.  Am I doing something wrong?   I am lightly pressing the photo button for it to AF then taking the shot...

Hi, we're really sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to use Manual Focus? So we can check if you will having the same problem. If the issue persists, please try to reset your camera settings or you may uninstall and reinstall DJI Go 4 App. Thank you.
2018-9-21
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I noticed it too.  It is much better to touch the part of the screen you want in focus.  The best part is there confirmational  beep to let you know focus has been achieved.  Happy flying!
2018-9-21
Use props
fansaa904635
New

United States

kcole0929 Posted at 9-21 11:50

Hi there,

I've been having same issue too. Had Mavic 2 Zoom for about 2 weeks now and picture quality is just so bad. I tried auto, manual focus, updating firmware, calibrating, and going back to default factory setting, and nothing seems to work. Very first flight and video recording was amazing, but from 2nd flight, everything just degraded as if I was using a camera from decade ago.

Did you find a solution? I'm trying to return it to the seller on eBay.

Thanks.
2018-11-26
Use props
MagicRide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

fansaa904635 Posted at 11-26 17:33
Hi there,

I've been having same issue too. Had Mavic 2 Zoom for about 2 weeks now and picture quality is just so bad. I tried auto, manual focus, updating firmware, calibrating, and going back to default factory setting, and nothing seems to work. Very first flight and video recording was amazing, but from 2nd flight, everything just degraded as if I was using a camera from decade ago.

Mine has been off and on with the focus . Some footage looks awesome and some a bit out of focus specially the left lower sides. If I zoom in a little everything looks better so I try to keep the zoom at 27 or so to get better shots. 24 is not the best in most cases for me. Like you I have tried calibrations etc and it doesn't change much. It's a bit frustrating because I'm not sure what I'm going to get from each footage. This past weekend I shot footage on the beach and it was absolutely spectacular, but I kept the zoom at 26-27. Unfortunately zoom camera's have a lot of these problems as there is a lot of mechanical play involved.
2018-11-27
Use props
jaro1234
New
United Kingdom

hi
I use mavic 2 zoom 6 days.
and I have the same problem.
amazing photos or videos
and some slightly out of focus, 50/50
the bad thing is that you know it at home.
  and some videos or photos are not visible
2019-7-24
Use props
qzing
lvl.1
United States

I have also noticed this and thought it was just me doing something wrong. my first few flights where crystal clear and now it seems like the more I fly the worse the video quality gets.
2019-8-8
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the heads up, I just got my Mavic 2 Zoom and haven't got to that feature but will be trying it shortly.
2019-8-9
Use props
SeatOfPants
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183077 ft
United States

I have been using my Mavic Pro 2 Zoom for over 2 years with nearly perfect results, but last week it gave me out of focus pictures.  My video however, was perfect.  What gives?
2020-7-28
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

I sometimes get a video that is out of focus and it is usually when I take off and there is something close by that the camera focuses on when using Auto focus. I find it is best to take off with the Drone facing something that is at least 30 feet away. If you can't do that then you have to remember to tap a place on the screen to make the camera change the focus after take off. Also I have noticed that when the light is low Auto Focus does not always work. You can also set your Peaking Threshold so that you can see that your shot is in focus on your controller screen. That would be low, medium or high depending on your preference.
2020-8-11
Use props
djiuser_0ndWGB53tZX7
lvl.1

Bolivia

Hola a todos...tengo un problema parecido, el enfoque de mi mavic zoom parece estar torcido, enfoca en diagonal desde la esquina superior derecha a la esquina inferior izquierda....cuando uso el enfoque manual con el focus peaking puedo ver como el enfoque se mueve en esas areas no permitiendo nunca tener todo enfocado ya que el enfoque debe ir de atras hacia adelante o de arriba a abajo...por favor alguien que tenga este problema, ya cambie el modulo de la camara y sigue el problema, calibre gimbal, resetee camara, refresque firmware, formatee la memoria interna, y no muestra ningun error solo el problema con el enfoque, y no se pueden usar los modos inteligentes por que solo sale una esquina enfocada
2021-12-16
Use props
Roberto Pirodda
lvl.2

Italy

Yes me too. My M2Zoom is a second hand, and i was thinking that something was broken/wrong in the lenses of my drone, but after your post i think that it is a manufacturer issue. I need to tap very often in the green square to focus the subject, I have also a Mini and incredibly the images here are sharper !
2021-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules