Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom Vision 2 Plus Gimbal Trouble
2187 10 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivianiac
New

United States

Is the firmware update for the Phantom 2 Vision Plus gimbal still problematic? My gimbal was fine before the update now all it does is buzz and display a solid red LED.
2015-5-30
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

You may want to update the camera firmware if you haven't. Download the update from DJI and read the text file. It explains how to use a empty SD memory card and to put the . Bin file on it and change the name. Then when you start up the plane it will auto update the firmware. When you update one you need to check and update all and that includes the DJI app also. Good luck and hope this helps. Also check the three connectors plunged into the gimbal and make sure they are plugged in tight.
2015-5-31
Use props
ivianiac
New

United States

Thank you for the tips Roy. I attempted to update the firmware, however I just get one solid yellow LED on the front and one fast blinking LED on the back as I have been getting. The file on the SD card is still named "firmware_plus.bin" and didn't rename to "firmware_plus.bin.bak00". All 3 connections to the gimbal are tight.

In the vision app about screen I have:
App: 1.0.58
Camera: N/A
NAZA-M: N/A

In the Assistant app on PC I no longer see the Gimbal settings tab, however in the upgrade tab Zen IMU is there, I have tried several times to upgrade the firmware again.

Assistant Upgrade tab shows:
Name Loader Hardware ID Firmware
Main Controller 29.0.2.1  1000793665 3.14
GPS -.-.-.- 6.1.1.2 6.0.1.4
Receiver-5.8G 15.0.0.2 01M0078353 1.0.1.3
P330CB 26.0.0.0 02F0120141 1.0.2.10
Battery 1.5.0.0 000009631 2.0.0.0
Zen IMU 0.0.0.8 -1 1.0.0.6

Thank you to all for any help they can provide.
2015-5-31
Use props
xavier
New

United Kingdom

My gimbal is not buzzing but there is no tilting anymore after the update, is that a known issue?
2015-6-1
Use props
ivianiac
New

United States

xavier, I believe the tilting issue after update is solved by setting your RC type in the RC assist program.
2015-6-1
Use props
ivianiac
New

United States

I just thought of one other thing that might help. For what it's worth I do have "NAZA" mode enabled instead of "Phantom". I don't think that should impact how firmware updates, but you never know.
2015-6-1
Use props
jucarcass
lvl.1

Colombia

Hello! Any help with the gimbal issue? I still in the same point. DJI doesn't give any solution!! What a bad service!! It's their responsability to resolve this issue. We just follow the upgrades to the DJI page!
2015-6-4
Use props
ivianiac
New

United States

I sent mine in for repair and they just received it today, I am past the 6 month warranty though, however I'm hoping that they are willing to repair it for free since the damage was caused by their software update and not fault of my own. I'll let you know what I find out; it is a 6 week turn around though so it'll be a little while before I have an update. The rep on the phone couldn't advise if the repair would be free or not but said he thinks it should be as long as they see that the damage wasn't caused by a crash or something.

I also was able to negotiate mailing only the Gimbal and not my whole drone as they requested. I couldn't live without my Drone for 6 weeks, hell by the time I got it back I would've forgotten how to fly it.
2015-6-5
Use props
DWA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

ivianiac@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-1 23:59
I just thought of one other thing that might help. For what it's worth I do have "NAZA" mode enabled ...

Yeah that should have no impact on the firmware update. I am in NAZA mode and my update went fine.
2015-6-5
Use props
DWA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

ivianiac@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-6 04:01
I sent mine in for repair and they just received it today, I am past the 6 month warranty though, ho ...

Great to hear they let you send back only the gimbal.
2015-6-5
Use props
jucarcass
lvl.1

Colombia

ivianiac@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-6 04:01
I sent mine in for repair and they just received it today, I am past the 6 month warranty though, ho ...

Thank you very much for your answer. Good Luck!
2015-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules