Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suggestion: Graceful Shutdown
507 14 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220814 ft
Malta

Hi,
Is it possible to include a button to gracefully shutdown the drone?
Once in a while I forget to stop recording when switching off the drone, and the file gets corrupted. I think by adding a shutdown button which will stop recording before switching off the drone will help to solve this problem.

thanks
sandro
2018-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

You have two buttons to stop the recording. One in GO4 the other on the RC. Where and why should DJI place the third in your opinion? ;-) In the beginning many of us have once forgotten to stop the recording before shutting down and there is a way to repair the corrupted file. But making this experience usually has a successful educational effect...
2018-9-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There should be as is auto stops record in the litchi app
2018-9-22
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-22 05:33
You have two buttons to stop the recording. One in GO4 the other on the RC. Where and why should DJI place the third in your opinion? ;-) In the beginning many of us have once forgotten to stop the recording before shutting down and there is a way to repair the corrupted file. But making this experience usually has a successful educational effect...

just in case you will forget.
I managed to repair the file using djifix.live555.com, but I am a bit technical and managed. Others may not manage.
2018-9-22
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft

Jeez! Some people! It’s not MY fault I keep forgetting to stop recording, it must be DJI’s software!!! You cock up.... suffer the consequences !!!
2018-9-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-22 14:26
Jeez! Some people! It’s not MY fault I keep forgetting to stop recording, it must be DJI’s software!!! You cock up.... suffer the consequences !!!

i dont think anyone was blaming anyone...  its a software toggle that could be added as an option, your acting like the software engineers cant take 30 seconds of of their day to implement a toggle in the app to auto record on take off and auto end recording on landing, not that difficult, even i modded the dji go app on my phone to add that toggle...
2018-9-22
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4

How bloody automated do you want this thing to be?! For pitty sake! I’m fed up with hearing people saying it should do this for me, and it should do that for me! Take responsibility for flying as a pilot of the drone and be accountable for your actions!
2018-9-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-22 15:25
How bloody automated do you want this thing to be?! For pitty sake! I’m fed up with hearing people saying it should do this for me, and it should do that for me! Take responsibility for flying as a pilot of the drone and be accountable for your actions!

who the f**k said anything about not taking responsibility for their actions?  

and acting like someone forgetting to press record or end recording and dealing with camera settings has any bearings on piloting skills...  there is no logical connection there.  bit like calling someone a sh*tty rock climber because they cant eat spicy food..
2018-9-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-22 16:39
who the f**k said anything about not taking responsibility for their actions?  

and acting like someone forgetting to press record or end recording and dealing with camera settings has any bearings on piloting skills...  there is no logical connection there.  bit like calling someone a sh*tty rock climber because they cant eat spicy food..

Yeah, gotta side with you there.  Getting salty about something like a suggestion of this nature seems weird.
2018-9-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-9-22 16:45
Yeah, gotta side with you there.  Getting salty about something like a suggestion of this nature seems weird.

ya, who knows...
2018-9-22
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-22 14:26

this is not about blaming people. if you know something about programming, it is something very easy to do and this was just a suggestion. It is very easy that after landing, the landing icon is replaced with a shutdown icon to shutdown the bird. This way it will be impossible to hit the power off button by mistake while flying.

I cannot understand your anger in your comment. This is not about me, i dont need it as i said before, but for people who are not technical or not intelligent as you are this would be a nice option to have
2018-9-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Proper power down sequence of the bird by it's onboard firmware should close open video file.

Whereas, bird's battery pack were to be suddenly removed, then video file would not get closed properly, along with lots of other things not being done properly.
2018-9-22
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-22 23:39
Proper power down sequence of the bird by it's onboard firmware should close open video file.

Whereas, bird's battery pack were to be suddenly removed, then video file would not get closed properly, along with lots of other things not being done properly.

thats what i am suggesting. A graceful shutdown is always better in electronics.
for example you dont remove the plug from your PC, there is a shutdown sequence
2018-9-22
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4

mouthpiec Posted at 2018-9-22 23:42
thats what i am suggesting. A graceful shutdown is always better in electronics.
for example you dont remove the plug from your PC, there is a shutdown sequence

What, in the same way as the ‘stop recoding ‘ button on the RC?
2018-9-23
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-23 10:24
What, in the same way as the ‘stop recoding ‘ button on the RC?

more or less yes.
Once you press it, the drone will shutdown and perfrom some check eg:
-stop recording if any
-do any other checks / capture / store logs
-switch off drone
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules