Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How much longer can we fly?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans54503e63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153159 ft
United Kingdom

As the owner of a Phantom 4 in the UK and a Phantom 3 Advanced in the USA, I have to ask others and DJI, how much longer we can reasonably expect to be able to fly legally in the UK? I am insured by the BMFA and am also a member of a local model flying club who say that membership negates the need to register come 2019, which I'm unsure about. Also, assuming I pass the online test which I have every intention of doing, isn't the new Eurpoean restriction on decibel limits going to kill ownership of drones like mine, stone dead? I am a very careful and responsible flier and like many others, purely interested in the photographic opportunities it affords. I have been thinking about moving to a Mavic on grounds of portability and convenience but the uncertainty of whether or not I will even be able to fly anything, is putting me off. I'm sure others must have a view and I'd be interested to hear them. I would be even more interested in what manufacturers like DJI have to say and where they see the future given the tightening grip around us.
2018-9-22
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It has become too big of a hobby to be legislated away.  When the dust settles, all will be good.
2018-9-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This has already been much discussed here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-165614-1-1.html
2018-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I will fly from my grave.... haha

8F624F8F-73F0-41CA-ACDF-4956D5E643BE.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-9-22
Use props
fans7167c1e2
New
  • >>>

I have two Phantom 4 Pro s and have attempted to update the v.2 . I am now stuck on a Dji smart editor screen .
2018-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

fans7167c1e2 Posted at 2018-9-22 14:32
I have two Phantom 4 Pro s and have attempted to update the v.2 . I am now stuck on a Dji smart editor screen .

Well come on in , to the forum....

Hi, Sorry to hear that you are experiencing technical difficulty.

Are you able to start a new forum post?

RedHotPoker
2018-9-22
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans54503,

Listen to ALABAMA and Labroides.  Follow the link Labroides posted.  There are more drones, possibly even just DJI products, registered in the USA than all other aircraft combined.  All aircraft have equal rights in the USA to the USA airspace.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes.  And one other point.  I read once in a newspaper article that there are well over a thousand aviation accidents a year on average in the USA alone.  That's over three a day!  I think the authorities have more pressing concerns other than worrying about us...

Edit:  I found this link:

https://www.ntsb.gov/investigati ... aviation_stats.aspx

2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules