Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Multiple quick disconnects while flying
1224 15 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>

Since I have been flying the Mavic 2 Zoom I have noticed the remote vibrating from time to time. I didnt know what it was because I never saw any messages on the remote or my phone. Yesterday I noticed that every time it vibrated it was because it quickly disconnected and reconnected to the aircraft. This is very scary for me. Anyone else having this issue?
2018-9-22
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

Yes I have noticed that the DJI Go App will show aircraft disconnect at the very top yet I am still in control of the aircraft. Its happened at least twice but never experienced any signs of actual signal loss.
2018-9-22
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>

cinnabun Posted at 2018-9-22 06:26
Yes I have noticed that the DJI Go App will show aircraft disconnect at the very top yet I am still in control of the aircraft. Its happened at least twice but never experienced any signs of actual signal loss.

Yes correct, no actual loss of control but just a quick buzz from the remote and a quick disconnect message on the top of the screen. Still a bit worried about this behavior. Its also annoying to be getting random vibrations from the remote.
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'm going to coordinate this to our FAE to double check. Your patience will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
2018-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Thank you for this post and observation. I was and am going to make more testing on exactly this. I have spotted short connection losses in my flight records which occurred even in short distance, but at the same time I couldn't note anything while flying. Is your band/channel setting on the default "Dual" channel mode, or are you flying on a fixed band (either 2.4 or 5.8 Ghz)? My working theory is that it might be related to the bands/channels auto switching during flight but I have to further test for verification.
2018-9-22
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-22 06:48
Thank you for this post and observation. I was and am going to make more testing on exactly this. I have spotted short connection losses in my flight records which occurred even in short distance, but at the same time I couldn't note anything while flying. Is your band/channel setting on the default "Dual" channel mode, or are you flying on a fixed channel (either 2.4 or 5.8 Ghz)? My working theory is that it might be related to the bands/channels auto switching during flight but I have to further test for verification.

Thats a great theory!!! I do have it set as default, dual band. It makes a lot pf sence that it would be disconnecting quickly while switching bands. If that was the case, isnt this happeneing to everyone out there right now???
I will try to change the setting to only one band and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks for the idea mate!!
2018-9-22
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Yes, all the time. It think it is something to do with the switching too.
2018-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Asainz320 Posted at 2018-9-22 09:50
Thats a great theory!!! I do have it set as default, dual band. It makes a lot pf sence that it would be disconnecting quickly while switching bands. If that was the case, isnt this happeneing to everyone out there right now???
I will try to change the setting to only one band and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks for the idea mate!!

As I have stated, for the time being this is just a working theory and today it was far too windy and rainy here for testing, I hope now for tomorrow. Let's test it all together which quickly will allow us to track the issue down. The Dual band mode is new with Mavic 2 and might just need some further fine tuning. But I do not want to start speculating. Simple tests will show. The settings allow to set either 2.4 or 5.8 Ghz band as fixed option while the M2 will still choose the strongest channel in each band automatically. By looking at our flight records, we shall easily see if there are still connection losses.
P.S. My working theory can also turn out to be wrong and I wouldn't mind either if at least we can narrow down the potential cause.
2018-9-22
Use props
sparkies
lvl.2
United Kingdom

What I have found is the supplied little lightning connector sometimes slips out of the iPhone socket a little twitch on my left hand pushes it back again.. hence my app disconnect/connect. Was told in another thread the supplied cable ain’t great. Try a little cable from Apple plugged into the usb in the Remote?
2018-9-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-22 11:47
As I have stated, for the time being this is just a working theory and today it was far too windy and rainy here for testing, I hope now for tomorrow. Let's test it all together which quickly will allow us to track the issue down. The Dual band mode is new with Mavic 2 and might just need some further fine tuning. But I do not want to start speculating. Simple tests will show. The settings allow to set either 2.4 or 5.8 Ghz band as fixed option while the M2 will still choose the strongest channel in each band automatically. By looking at our flight records, we shall easily see if there are still connection losses.
P.S. My working theory can also turn out to be wrong and I wouldn't mind either if at least we can narrow down the potential cause.

Your theory could well be right, the 5.8GHz band in CE operates at a much lower power, 14dBm as opposed to 20dBm (-6dBm, or 1/4 power) than 2.4GHz band. Although no difference in range is given for the Mavic 2, the range for the 5.8GHz may be substantially less (500m max' range for the Mavic Air), so loss of signal at 5.8 might be common in built up areas for those under CE regulation.
2018-9-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

sparkies Posted at 2018-9-23 03:52
What I have found is the supplied little lightning connector sometimes slips out of the iPhone socket a little twitch on my left hand pushes it back again.. hence my app disconnect/connect. Was told in another thread the supplied cable ain’t great. Try a little cable from Apple plugged into the usb in the Remote?

That's another good point, the existing mini cable is susceptible to getting moved or knocked when gripping RC. I've notice a few disconnected caused like this when using my iPhone 6s plus. iPad with holder and plugged into lower full sized USB works well for me on my Mavic Pro RC.
2018-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-23 04:46
Your theory could well be right, the 5.8GHz band in CE operates at a much lower power, 14dBm as opposed to 20dBm (-6dBm, or 1/4 power) than 2.4GHz band. Although no difference in range is given for the Mavic 2, the range for the 5.8GHz may be substantially less (500m max' range for the Mavic Air), so loss of signal at 5.8 might be common in built up areas for those under CE regulation.

We shall see, I am still grounded due to bad weather. Normally I would complain, but living in the countryside I am very happy to see that the several months lasting serious draught is eventually over. Nature can start to recover now but the damage is big. Starting from Tuesday the forecast is good fo flying again.
2018-9-23
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 231604 ft
United States

I am having the issue as well  not only disconnects but also lots controller errors. I am flying with a Samsung S7 Edge android phone and that could be part of my problem.  
2018-9-23
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think that the change between bands should be “invisible “ as it is on all other drones.
I would change the OTG cable to see if that helps.
Also I would connect it to the “other” USB port. Many people say that the port on the side is rubbish.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-23
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2018-9-22 06:33
Yes correct, no actual loss of control but just a quick buzz from the remote and a quick disconnect message on the top of the screen. Still a bit worried about this behavior. Its also annoying to be getting random vibrations from the remote.

According to this flight log decryption I lost remote signal and never regained it.

https://app.airdata.com/flight/2 ... ns&val=detailed
2018-9-23
Use props
fans70cb27f4
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi i have the same issue, my mavic 2 zoom is only 400 meters away and suddenly it says - lost connection  - i was happy it regained contact so i could execute a return to home but very scary!
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules