Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RAW settings
5478 25 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why does the DJI go app and the Mavic Pro 2 continuously change my raw setting to JPEG. This happens all the time. I never want JPEGS, why can't this setting stick? One flight recently the DJIGo app changed from RAW to JPEG mid-flight. UGHhhh
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know if your DJI Go 4 app is updated to the latest version? Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall your DJI Go 4 app too? Thanks.
2018-9-22
Use props
JaseUK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Is this happening after you have taken a HDR photo?

If so then (annoyingly) when you take a HDR photo it changes your setting from RAW to JPEG randomly.

So if you take a HDR photo, check afterwards/before you want to take a normal photo in RAW as it's possibly changed the settings.
2018-9-22
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-22 11:21
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know if your DJI Go 4 app is updated to the latest version? Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall your DJI Go 4 app too? Thanks.

The latest version of the app on ios12, and the firmware is up to date. Unfortunately, the DJI drone have been doing something like this since the Vision+2
2018-9-22
Use props
reclaimednj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7260 ft

It does this with pano mode but if you selected in the menu (gear icon in photo settings) to save "original photos" then they'll be there. Not sure if this is the same with HDR shots.
2018-9-22
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ugh... this happened again. I triple checked all my settings. Everything was fine. Did a flight, landed, changed batteries, and did a second flight, and without prompt my still images switched to JPEG from RAW. My hyperlapse and PANOS on the second flight were still RAW but the regular photos changed from RAW to JPEG. WTH!
2018-10-3
Use props
JKJenn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has happened to me and I cannot find a setting to change it back to RAW for individual photos. I am using the most recent DJI Go 4 app for Android.
2018-10-3
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Please address this DJI. Today again I started a flight with RAW settings and mid-flight it switched to JPEG for no reason. How hard it is to make a raw setting that doesn't change on i's own
2018-10-15
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Same here, please fix it! Its very stressing having to double check this everytime im doing a job.
2018-10-15
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2018-10-15 13:38
Same here, please fix it! Its very stressing having to double check this everytime im doing a job.

yeas... and even when you double check it, sometimes it changes mid-flight! WTH?
2018-10-15
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

it happened again!!!!!!!!!
2018-10-17
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Certain (all?) intelligent flight modes like Active Track and POI missions will also reset your camera to JPG, and it's been that way since day one. Very annoying.
2018-10-17
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-10-17 06:52
Certain (all?) intelligent flight modes like Active Track and POI missions will also reset your camera to JPG, and it's been that way since day one. Very annoying.

Not all, but some... it's seemingly random. I wish DJI would respond to this issue.

There should be a global RAW setting that doesn't change on it own.
2018-10-19
Use props
Future Shock Visuals
Second Officer
Flight distance : 56211 ft

Very Annoying witnessed this for the first time on the last DJI update for the M2P
2018-10-22
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI please take this issue seriously on your PRO labeled products and offer some acknowledgment and hopefully offer a plan to remedy.
2018-10-22
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI team can you hear us?
2018-10-25
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI you need to fix this! It ruined my shoot today again by switching from RAW to JPEG mid-flight... COME ON!
2018-10-29
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 10-19 12:54
Not all, but some... it's seemingly random. I wish DJI would respond to this issue.

There should be a global RAW setting that doesn't change on it own.

I've always assumed certain Intelligent Flight modes require too much processing power to allow both their operation *and* RAW capture, but I could be wrong, and it would def help to know if that's the case and we just have to live with it.

However, seems like DJI could always restore the preferred img settings when leaving such resource-intensive operations, if indeed, that's the case.
2018-11-1
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 11-1 06:31
I've always assumed certain Intelligent Flight modes require too much processing power to allow both their operation *and* RAW capture, but I could be wrong, and it would def help to know if that's the case and we just have to live with it.

However, seems like DJI could always restore the preferred img settings when leaving such resource-intensive operations, if indeed, that's the case.

the last time it happened to me I only switched from photo to video, I didn't use any of the intelligence modes. Further, I switched between photo and video a few times while it maintained the RAW setting and then one-time mid-flight changing from video to photo my RAW setting randomly changed to JPEG. WTH?
2018-11-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 11-1 13:21
the last time it happened to me I only switched from photo to video, I didn't use any of the intelligence modes. Further, I switched between photo and video a few times while it maintained the RAW setting and then one-time mid-flight changing from video to photo my RAW setting randomly changed to JPEG. WTH?

Were you switching from DLOG video by chance?
2018-11-1
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 11-1 14:44
Were you switching from DLOG video by chance?

Usually... but it has also happened without using switching to video. DJI Please address
2018-11-5
Use props
dunfr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779413 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I take mostly still images - occasionally video. Yup - it always happens when I take HDR images, from then on JPGs which is annoying. All types of Panos still record DNGs on the Micro SD. So I agree - DJI please address.
2018-11-6
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI???? This happens every flight to me now. i am vigilant about checking... usually catch it before i fire off a jpeg

This is a bug that continues to get ignored
2018-11-12
Use props
SRQ-FL
Flight distance : 69639 ft
United States

Why i s DJI not responding to this issue? The loosing of the raw still image is a major bug that need to be addressed by DJI. First, DJI needs to acknowledge that they are aware of the problem, and then provide a resolution.

Just ruined a whole day of shooting. Will have to go back tomorrow to re-shoot ensuring I capture raw images.

DJI, please respond to this issue.
2019-4-17
Use props
tazztone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10 ft
Switzerland

using a phantom 4 advanced with the same issue. please fix
2019-5-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just noticed that my zoom is doing the same thing.
2019-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules