Ronin S + DJI Focus not calibrating correctly
1259 3 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sikdujfghds
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys I am using a DJI focus with my Ronin S and having trouble getting it to do travel calibration properly. It runs the motor to one end of focus but it never runs back to the other end. It ends up thinking the lens can only turn a tiny little bit instead of its full range. Sometimes it works, but mostly it does not. Anyone else running into this? Any solutions out there?
Thanks.

2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to know if you already updated the firmware to its latest version? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
fans243f70c0
lvl.1
Canada

I've updated firmware and am experience the same issue on my non-cinema lens as well.  More specifically, I just received the Focus Motor 2006 for the Ronin-S and am experience this issue.  
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The Focus auto calibration checks for difference in torque applied when it reaches the endpoint of the focus ring. We chose a medium where it wouldn’t overshoot and skip gears or be too sensitive to regular lenses. If it’s going to one end and not going to the other end on stiffer lenses, you can try to give the gear a little push with your hand.
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules