Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Failure!
1530 10 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0cbdf519
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3031 ft

United States

The gimbal just failed in my brand new Mavic 2 Pro.  I landed in the grass and got a gimbal error and now the gimbal reports that it is overloaded and I see purple streaks on the video.  The gimbal is completely unresponsive and auto calibration of the gimbal also fails.  I hope this isn't an indication that the gimbals will be overly fragile.....

Very disappointed as I have a photo shoot coming up next week.....

Any ideas greatly appreciated!!!!
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding your concern have you check if there's any obstruction on the gimbal? or any dirt residue?
2018-9-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

When MP2 is powered off, does gimbal still move freely.  Tilt drone front to back and side to side, gimbal/cmaera should move.

Can you see any grass or foreign material caught in between gimbal's pivot points (axis)?

2018-9-22
Use props
dbk123
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-22 12:01
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding your concern have you check if there's any obstruction on the gimbal? or any dirt residue?

Hi - The gimbal moves freely throughout the entire range of motion.  I am wondering if it is some sort of electrical issue as it is totally unresponsive to commands or auto calibration.
2018-9-22
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Some of these Mavic 2 are getting  scratched and damaged  from poor packaging  and the Gimbal is rocking around during shipping and is probably shortening the life of the Gimbals.  Someone said DJI is aware of this happening  and are working on a fix but that hasn't been confirmed by DJI  here on the forum.
2018-9-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

dbk123 Posted at 2018-9-22 12:38
Hi - The gimbal moves freely throughout the entire range of motion.  I am wondering if it is some sort of electrical issue as it is totally unresponsive to commands or auto calibration.

Can you tell if wire connecting Camera/Gimbal to body of Mavic 2 Pro got disconnected when it landed in grass?  

This video shows how Camera/Gimbal is mounted on body of Mavic 2.  
2018-9-22
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

Will the zoom camera work on  the pro air frame or
visa versa?
2018-9-22
Use props
dbk123
lvl.1

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-22 16:18
Can you tell if wire connecting Camera/Gimbal to body of Mavic 2 Pro got disconnected when it landed in grass?  

This video shows how Camera/Gimbal is mounted on body of Mavic 2.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA0sV70Fo0

Really good video.  I strongly suspect that either a connector has come loose or somehow the motor failed.  However, I am afraid to open things up as I don't want to void my warranty....
2018-9-22
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Johnny C! Posted at 2018-9-22 16:27
Will the zoom camera work on  the pro air frame or
visa versa?

Check out TronicsFix LLC on youtube. He said it does.
2018-9-22
Use props
fansc221faf8
New

United States

I have the exact same issue, MP2 is 2 weeks old. Gimbal failure and pink streaks through my video feed. Very disappointed as I was using this for a client which we traveled 3 hours to there location.
2018-9-24
Use props
dbk123
lvl.1

United States

fansc221faf8 Posted at 2018-9-24 05:39
I have the exact same issue, MP2 is 2 weeks old. Gimbal failure and pink streaks through my video feed. Very disappointed as I was using this for a client which we traveled 3 hours to there location.

Oh geesh.  Did you land anywhere where the gimbal was obstructed or did it fail out of the blue?
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules