Spark now crash lands
1122 5 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YXsOz4J8ntnt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169885 ft

Instead of slowing on the last few feet of descent it now lands hard. Last land I tried the grab from behind then tilt spark. However after tilting on its side the props kept spinning. It then fell on its back and started flinging gravel a few seconds before finally shutting down. WTF?
2018-9-22
Use props
LIk LIk Balus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326204 ft
Australia

When the Spark changes to landing mode does the 3D sensor indicator on the DJI APP change from white to red?

Easiest way to tell without crashing it is to get it up high and do a RTH and have a look when it changes into the landing mode on the way down (it will say landing), the sensor should stay white however mine goes red and it drops like a rock. Only way to avoid a heavy landing/crash is to cancel the landing and land it manually.

I’ve opened another thread on this and done all the suggested resets without any success. DJI are suggesting that I send it in for assessment. Don’t really want to as it’s only a few months old and it could take a month or two to get it back.
Let me know if you’re Spark is behaving the same way. I recon it’s a software glitch/bug.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. Have you already updated the firmware of your aircraft before the incident happened?
2018-9-23
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I always land the spark myself, so I never experienced this issue

Fly safe all
Alex
2018-9-23
Use props
LIk LIk Balus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326204 ft
Australia

I’ve updated everything and recalibrate everything before I fly. I’ve had no crashes and I know exactly wheothe issue started happening. The drone lost lost the controller signal one day at a couple of hundred feet, regained the signal and then started behaving as I’ve described, hasn’t changed since, that was about 6 weeks ago. Whatever happened during the signal glitch triggered my fault, nothing else is wrong with the drone apart from not being able to sync the flight recordings on the DJI APP since last week’s update.
2018-9-23
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

LIk LIk Balus Posted at 2018-9-23 11:03
I’ve updated everything and recalibrate everything before I fly. I’ve had no crashes and I know exactly wheothe issue started happening. The drone lost lost the controller signal one day at a couple of hundred feet, regained the signal and then started behaving as I’ve described, hasn’t changed since, that was about 6 weeks ago. Whatever happened during the signal glitch triggered my fault, nothing else is wrong with the drone apart from not being able to sync the flight recordings on the DJI APP since last week’s update.

Same here, can’t update the records,
But if you check then the records did update in the end!

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules