Lightbridge not responding to New Phantom 2 Controller?
3152 14 2014-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikecerdeiros
lvl.1

United States

I have a new phantom 2 with lightbridge installed. Ive switched the X2 wire and added to Gimbal wire. When I connect a Futaba 8J I am able to move the gimbal however when I plug in the trainer port of the new phantom 2 controller I get not response. When I connect the Ground Unit to the computer I still get no response when I move the sticks. Thanks for your help.

Mike
Drones Plus
2014-11-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike you have to map and calibrate the Tx to the Lightbridge Assistant and then to the P2 Assistant.  You should see the sticks move after you do that.
2014-11-5
Use props
mikecerdeiros
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for the quick reply Ed. I've tried calibrating the TX from the Lightbridge software but it is not responding. in the Lightbridge Assistant software.
2014-11-5
Use props
mikecerdeiros
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-6 05:15
Mike you have to map and calibrate the Tx to the Lightbridge Assistant and then to the P2 Assistant. ...

Ed ,

I get no movement in the LB assistant when I try to calibrate the controller. Any Tips?
2014-11-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

How do you have your trainer port set up?  I am assuming that you have it at 8 channels.  The 8FGS and 14SG have 12 available.  Are you sure that you have the Trainer cable properly connected?  Black end to the Ground Unit and the red end to the Tx.  
2014-11-7
Use props
mikecerdeiros
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-8 07:11
How do you have your trainer port set up?  I am assuming that you have it at 8 channels.  The 8FGS a ...

Im actually using the new phantom 2 controller with the trainer port built in. Red to Controller and Black to Ground Unit.
2014-11-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Reverse the connection.  It works.  Black to controller and red to Ground unit.
2014-11-7
Use props
adrian
New

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-8 12:10

OMG , what the hell that actually worked
2014-11-8
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

magic pixy dust
2014-11-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blade did you just call me a Pixy?  I am a wizard!  Just joking.  The recommendation came from engineering at DJI they deserve the credit not me.  I think that this is an interim solution.  If something changes, we will let you know.
2014-11-9
Use props
mikecerdeiros
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Ed that did the trick
2014-11-10
Use props
mikecerdeiros
lvl.1

United States

Ed,

If I was setting up an S900 with A futaba and the new phantom controller for gimbal, How would I wire it then?
2014-11-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Futaba connects to the dBus on the A2 and the Phantom Rx connects to the dBus of the Zen.  I assume that you are using a 5.8gHz Tx.  It is not as critical using the internal receiver on the A2 but if you use a Lightbridge you will need to use the 5.8 Tx/Rx.
2014-11-17
Use props
mikecerdeiros
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-18 06:49
The Futaba connects to the dBus on the A2 and the Phantom Rx connects to the dBus of the Zen.  I ass ...

Ok so in that case I would not be connecting the trainer cable to the phantom 5.8 right? Originally I was using lightbridge and trying to connect both controllers with the trainer port.

FYI:
S900
Lightbridge
A2
iOSD MKii
Zenmuse GH4 HD Gimbal
Futaba 14SG
Phantom 2 5.8ghz (New Version)
2014-11-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, I did not have enough information on what you were trying to do.  Right now in order to use the P2 Tx the lead to the LB ground unit needs to be reversed.  I don't know how you can do that with the Y cable.  I use the P2 Tx on my P2Z3 with Lightbridge and just plug the red end into the ground unit and the black end into the Tx.  It works but I am not sure how you can do the same with the Y.  Sorry.
One solution would be to run the RC with the Futaba through the Lightbridge and use a P2 controller on 5.8gHz with a Rx to control the camera.
2014-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules