823 10 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I got my fly more pack for my M2P.  I charged the batteries, then updated them.  All went as expected.  I flew with the original battery this morning, then this afternoon took the M2P out to a nearby lake to fly around.  Using one flymore batteries, at about 50%, I lost video, and got the message there was a "Version mismatch, Update All Modules".  I brought the drone home, and then went home.  I tried checking the firmware version and it couldn't get it (ios app, holding down the 3 lines top right for 3-4 seconds - Current Version Unknown).  So I plugged into my Surface and ran the DJI Assistant for Mavic 2.0, this tried downloading firmware 1.00.0000 (I updated this brand new drone 3 days ago).  It failed on the dl at 1%.  

I put the original battery back in, and everything worked once, then the same message, so evidently not a battery issue.  I'm currently trying to update with the DJI Assistant right now.  It just errored out, and needs javascript to upload the log, seriuosly wtf javascript?  It made it to 3% that time.  I'm assuming that DJI is having a network issue (I'm testing my network and I have 50 up and 50 down so its not on my end).

I noticed also, that the Gimbal Status is "Gimbal Disconnected" and Interal Storage Remaining is "Internal Storage not found" which seems wrong.  All this stuff is only 3 days old, and I am pretty annoyed.

Edit:  Ok, it was the memory stick, curse you Kingston!  All signs normal.  I'm leaving this here so that my failure to troubleshoot can stand as a beacon for others.  Damn.
2018-9-22
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Hmm, I updated it in a vm with the assistant for m2 also. It failed at 71% on the update, not the download. After, it said it had v1.000 but I refreshed anyway and the firmware went in fine that time. I think when anything is funky, refresh works. Remember on the m1 there was a way to reset defaults too, but don't recall seeing that. Might be something you can try if it still there.

Plug in lan too. Wireless could be causing the fail on dl, depending on what you're running.
2018-9-22
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You need to update each battery before you use them for the first time.
2018-9-22
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2018-9-22 21:54
You need to update each battery before you use them for the first time.

IN the first sentence.  This is what sucks about these forums.
2018-9-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Porktree Posted at 2018-9-23 19:36
IN the first sentence.  This is what sucks about these forums.

Dude, you got a mismatch error so obviously the update did not work. So reset and update the batteries again maybe then the forum won't sucks anymore for you!
2018-9-23
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2018-9-23 20:19
Dude, you got a mismatch error so obviously the update did not work. So reset and update the batteries again maybe then the forum won't sucks anymore for you!

Dude, you didn't even read the full post.  I'd figured it out and fixed it by the time you half-assed a solution.  You're the worst kind of forum pedant, its more important to post, than to post relevant information.  
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you found the fix! SD cards are the cause of many issues I've come across.
2018-9-24
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-24 05:13
Glad you found the fix! SD cards are the cause of many issues I've come across.

That's why I felt so dumb, I should have checked that first.  
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Porktree Posted at 2018-9-24 05:15
That's why I felt so dumb, I should have checked that first.

Easily done! You'll remember next time lol - I do!
2018-9-24
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Porktree Posted at 2018-9-24 05:04
Dude, you didn't even read the full post.  I'd figured it out and fixed it by the time you half-assed a solution.  You're the worst kind of forum pedant, its more important to post, than to post relevant information.

Dude!, I read the full post and that is why I posted the solution for the scenario that you posted.

Similar to why you left your post stating that you felt so DUMD!, my solution is for someone who will read this post and has NO problem with the SD card but actual problem with the update mismatch.
2018-9-24
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-24 05:17
Easily done! You'll remember next time lol - I do!

YO,  Tree

That's not dumb....these are complicated machines and we are constantly trying to keep "this and that" straight in our heads.....and when we flub something up,  WE ADMIT it....Laugh about it, and as A CW says
you'll remember next time

Many of the posters on this DJI Forum don't need to point fingers and argue to have a good time!!  Getting information and solutions, sometimes multiple solutions, is why MOST come here.

Thanks for posting!

Randy
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules