"Can't Take Off: Point Error" followed by Gimbal Reset
535 4 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

This afternoon, I updated my Mavic Pro firmware to the latest version, ".500". I also updated the controller firmware to the same version. I updated the DJI Go 4 app to the latest version on the Apple App Store.
The first flight went fine, other than the Mavic Pro still drifts to the right when flying "straight".

After landing, turning the aircraft off and switching batteries, I posted up the aircraft again, and just before starting the motors, the DJI Go 4 app displayed Ann error message:

Can't Take Off: Point Error

I've never seen that before, so I assume it's firmware related.

After cycling the power one more time, I was able to fly. Soon after takeoff, the gimbal reset and I had no control over the aircraft for more than 30 seconds while the gimbal did its thing.

Finally, I was unable to sync my flight logs, as it kept failing at about 95%.

Anyone else seen this "Point Error" message?

DJI, what does it mean? And why am I getting these really lengthy gimbal resets?
2018-9-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Be ever so nice if DJI would publish a list of What in the Bloody World their Obsecure Error messages and Error codes Mean!
Two Internet searches turned up a Big Fat Nothing Burger on Can't Take Off: "Point Error"
2018-9-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Is there anything in FlightLog that might give a hint as to what Can't Take Off: Point Error might be trying to indicate?
For example: Problem setting Home Point -or- NAN value as in floating Point Error

2018-9-22
Use props
DROHNEN.DANIEL (YouTube)
lvl.3
Flight distance : 761447 ft

I guess I have a similar problem.

But without error.

After the first start, my Mavic works fine. Some records later, the gimbal points to the top right corner.
In this situation I can't control the gimbal or record a video.
Around a minute later, it's centered again.
And everything works fine again.

This started after I updated my drone to the last firmware.
Anybody else?
2018-9-23
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

No input on this error from DJI?
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules