Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air Encoder Error
1770 7 2018-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

Hello,
I have had an issue with a Phantom 4 Advanced that I have been trying to fix for the past week or so. Two of my previous threads can be found here: (Thread 1), (Thread 2).
The main problem is with the gimbal not responding. But recently, an "Air Encoder Error" has popped up.
There is a red triangle with a "!" in the middle, with the warning "Air Encoder Error (0x2800020). Below this error, it has a small wrench that says "Restart Airctaft. Contact DJI Support if it persists after restart." An image of this is attached to this thread.
Before anyone asks, YES I did restart the drone multiple times and YES the error still persists. I figured I would see if anyone on the forum knew what this error code meant, and if it is the cause of my problem.
If anyone could help me out with this, it would be great!
Thank you so much,
Drew Hoover

Error Code

Error Code
2018-9-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Drew,

It looks like this issue need DJI's direct involvement as noted in your screen capture.  I have contacted DJI Natalia to see if she can help you get through this process.  She is very helpful.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just may have to bite the bullet and send it in.
2018-9-24
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-9-23 21:40
Aloha Drew,

It looks like this issue need DJI's direct involvement as noted in your screen capture.  I have contacted DJI Natalia to see if she can help you get through this process.  She is very helpful.

Thanks, and let me know what she says!
2018-9-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

drewhoover Posted at 2018-9-24 07:41

Aloha Drew,

Keep an eye out.  It is likely she will respond in one of your threads.  Her information and assistance will be for you and your friend.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

drewhoover Posted at 2018-9-24 07:41

Hi, Drew. I already replied to your PM. Please kindly check it out. If you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.
2018-9-25
Use props
djiuser_OgYpwQssZGTH
lvl.1

United States

This is a known issue. I have not used my drone but 3 times did a firmware update hasn't worked since. This is why they discontinued the phantom its crap.
2-11 16:25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_OgYpwQssZGTH Posted at 2-11 16:25
This is a known issue. I have not used my drone but 3 times did a firmware update hasn't worked since. This is why they discontinued the phantom its crap.

Hello there. The  "Air encoder error" means the drone has a serious hardware problem and needs to be fixed by component replacement. Have a nice day.
2-11 19:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules