Repair of Spark camera under refresh policy
1359 32 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

Had my first crash with the Spark on the weekend and the lens is cracked on the camera.
Just wondering if this would be repaired under the refresh program or if I needed to have the repair option purchased.
The online form indicates (if I select the repair option) that I have repair cover in place.
Hoping someone from DJI can advise how this works.
Cheers,
Rob
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rob, sorry for the crash accident, if you believe the accident has nothing to do with pilot's operation and the drone is still in the warranty period, please create a repair ticket online and send in, we will make the data analysis first to figure out if there is any defect.
If you would like to use the DJI Care Refresh directly, the progress is the same as the repair service, please select the repair option and then select the I have a DJI Service plan. Pleas let us know if you have a further concern. GTScreenshot_20180924_174745.png
2018-9-24
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

I wish I could say it was the drone but unfortunately it was operator error (got too cocky too soon and paid the price).
Will put through a repair request under the DJI service option (Refresh).
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-9-24 02:13
I wish I could say it was the drone but unfortunately it was operator error (got too cocky too soon and paid the price).
Will put through a repair request under the DJI service option (Refresh).

OK, please select the 'I have a DJI service plan', we will replace the drone under DJI Care Refresh service.
2018-9-24
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

Done and thanks for the quick replies.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-9-24 03:12
Done and thanks for the quick replies.

You are welcome, please let us know if you need any assistance during this progress, we will do our best to help.
2018-9-24
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

Spark is in post today back to service area. One last question regarding current refresh package, it ends on 28/09/18 and I have option to take another year. If the drone is replaced how will I transfer the current one across or will I get given an option to add a new refresh package to the new drone? Also, could I just renew the refresh package on the current drone and transfer that across to the replaced drone (assuming replacement). Just don’t want to get caught out without the refresh package.
Cheers,
Rob
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-9-25 18:12
Spark is in post today back to service area. One last question regarding current refresh package, it ends on 28/09/18 and I have option to take another year. If the drone is replaced how will I transfer the current one across or will I get given an option to add a new refresh package to the new drone? Also, could I just renew the refresh package on the current drone and transfer that across to the replaced drone (assuming replacement). Just don’t want to get caught out without the refresh package.
Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob, I see your DJI Care Refresh still have 2 remaining times, once the drone is replaced under DJI Care Refresh, the DJI Care Refresh will be transferred to the replacement by our repair center if it hasn't been expired.
Here are the conditions to purchase the DJI Care Refresh +:
1) DJI Care Refresh has already been purchased.
2) DJI Care Refresh has not yet expired.
3) There is at least one product replacement left under DJI Care Refresh.

If you would like to purchase DJI Care Refresh+, please purchase it directly from our online store before the DJI Care Refresh is expired. Our repair center will also transfer the DJI Care Refresh+ to the replacement drone. Please keep us updated once you purchase DJI Care Refresh+, we will remark in the case, thank you.
2018-9-25
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

Hi, Have just purchased care refresh + online.
Not sure if (how) I activate it or if it’s already active.
Regards,
Rob
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-9-27 16:18
Hi, Have just purchased care refresh + online.
Not sure if (how) I activate it or if it’s already active.
Regards,

Hi Rob, if you purchased the Refresh + Online, it should automatically activate the plan to your craft. You may also check it on this link using your craft's Serial Number: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
2018-9-27
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

Just realised I left a 32gb card in the Spark. Is there anyway to pass this onto the repair team in Melbourne so it doesn’t get lost if the Spark is replaced?
Another rookie error.
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-9-28 14:26
Just realised I left a 32gb card in the Spark. Is there anyway to pass this onto the repair team in Melbourne so it doesn’t get lost if the Spark is replaced?
Another rookie error.

May I know your case number, so we could check and see what we can do to help? We could do a follow-up to our designated team. Thank you.
2018-9-28
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

CAS-2271171-B2F2W4
Thanks
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Thanks for the info, Robert. Our facility haven't received yet the unit so we can't confirm that for now. But once we received it, we'll send you an email for the parts that we received as a confirmation. If the SD card was sent, it will be listed as well, so you don't need to worry. In case you need further assistance, feel free to let us know.
2018-9-28
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

So, I received quote for repair $116 from memory. Includes replacement of gimbal module postage and labour. Also noted that S/N of drone may change. Asking if I want to use refresh +.
Should I have just put in for replacement at time of lodging the request as it seems I have missed out on using one of the 2 replacements available under the Refresh package. I thought the replacement would have been taken off the Refresh package as the job was logged and package returned before the expiry of the Refresh pack.
Open to suggestions.
Rob
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-10-1 23:55
So, I received quote for repair $116 from memory. Includes replacement of gimbal module postage and labour. Also noted that S/N of drone may change. Asking if I want to use refresh +.
Should I have just put in for replacement at time of lodging the request as it seems I have missed out on using one of the 2 replacements available under the Refresh package. I thought the replacement would have been taken off the Refresh package as the job was logged and package returned before the expiry of the Refresh pack.
Open to suggestions.

Rob, if you would like to use the DJI Care Refresh, please send email to quota-au@dji.com and explain the situation, I will also verify with the team too and keep you updated, thank you.
2018-10-2
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks Mindy. Emailed them last night and just now received an updated quote against the original Care Refresh policy.
Looking good so far. Hopefully they can post it out today (along with the SD card I left in the original unit).
Thanks again for the help and support.
Rob
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-10-2 19:11
Thanks Mindy. Emailed them last night and just now received an updated quote against the original Care Refresh policy.
Looking good so far. Hopefully they can post it out today (along with the SD card I left in the original unit).
Thanks again for the help and support.

Thanks for getting back, just checked your case, payment was just confirmed, the local team will ship it back to you asap.
About the SD card, just to set your expectation, since it is a DJI Care Refresh case, the drone will be replaced, it is not suggested sending the SD card back when sending the drone in for service. In your case, we had forward the request to the designated team, they will do the best to assist.
2018-10-2
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

HibThor,
Yep, understand completely and it wasn’t my intention to leave the card in.
Noting they recorded it as being received I just want to make sure it gets put in with the replacement unit they are sending back out.
Regards,
Rob
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-10-2 23:06
HibThor,
Yep, understand completely and it wasn’t my intention to leave the card in.
Noting they recorded it as being received I just want to make sure it gets put in with the replacement unit they are sending back out.

Hi Robert, per checking the Receiving Notes, we received your SD card. Once the replacement unit is ready to be shipped, the SD card should be included as well since our facility will confirm the received items prior to shipping to make sure we won't miss any, so don't worry.

2018-10-3
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks Dianna
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

You're most welcome. If you need further help, feel free to let us know and we'll be glad to assist.
2018-10-3
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

Are you able to advise if the postage option for the return of my Spark was express post or standard parcel post?
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-10-8 11:49
Are you able to advise if the postage option for the return of my Spark was express post or standard parcel post?

Hi Robert, it should the standard parcel post, we see you have received the package, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2018-10-8
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

All good on package Mindy. It just got stuck for 36 hours in the last 15kms it had to travel. I guess Australia post couldn’t over achieve on their delivery times. Lol
I’ve activated the drone, how do I transfer the Refresh + from the old drone to the current drone?
Rob
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-10-8 22:54
All good on package Mindy. It just got stuck for 36 hours in the last 15kms it had to travel. I guess Australia post couldn’t over achieve on their delivery times. Lol
I’ve activated the drone, how do I transfer the Refresh + from the old drone to the current drone?
Rob

Glad to know you have received it, the DJI Care Refresh+ has been transferred to the replacement, you can check the status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
It seems there is something wrong with the remaining replacement(s), I'm verifying with the related team and will come back to you later.
2018-10-8
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Mindy,
Just checking if you’ve been able to sort out what happened to my replacement aircraft balance (currently reading zero)?
Cheers,
Rob
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-10-10 04:03
Hi Mindy,
Just checking if you’ve been able to sort out what happened to my replacement aircraft balance (currently reading zero)?
Cheers,

Rob, there is a mistake in the remaining replacements, the related team is working on it, we may need more time, I will keep an eye on it and let you know once I hear anything from them, thank you.
2018-10-10
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

No problems Mindy.
Happy for you to keep me posted.
Rob
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-10-10 21:36
No problems Mindy.
Happy for you to keep me posted.
Rob

No problem, we will handle it, please leave us more time, have a nice day.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Bob, here is an update of your case, the remaining replacement(s) of DJI Care Refresh+ has been recovered, please check again in our website: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
2018-10-14
Use props
Robert Wieland
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks Mindy. Looks like it’s all sorted.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robert Wieland Posted at 2018-10-15 01:05
Thanks Mindy. Looks like it’s all sorted.

You are welcome, hope you have a great time on flying the drone.
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules