8121 13 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lucacornago
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2737287 ft
  • >>>

Hello Fam!
Mavic 2 pro is simply amazing! I love it so much but i miss a lot the portrait mode of Mavic Pro.
are there any solution of that?
i noticed that the quality of the vertical pano is not perfect as the single shot.
someone know if a portrait mode will be introduced in the next firmware update?
thanks in advance for your reply

2018-9-24
Use props
Parme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508615 ft
Italy

Hello,

If i'm right, the original mavic actually turns the camera by 90 degrees for portrait mode, while the mavic 2 gimbal can't turn 90 degrees on the side.

For this reason I'd say it is not something that can be fixed with a firmware update
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate your thoughts about our new aircraft. I will coordinate this to our FAE's for a possible update. Please pay attention to the official website for future release notes. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
lucacornago
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-24 02:45
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate your thoughts about our new aircraft. I will coordinate this to our FAE's for a possible update. Please pay attention to the official website for future release notes. Thank you.

Thank you so much for your quick answer, and thanks for sharing our issue to the headquarter; if you have to do test feel free to ask.
thanks again

2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

lucacornago Posted at 2018-9-25 04:59
Thank you so much for your quick answer, and thanks for sharing our issue to the headquarter; if you have to do test feel free to ask.
thanks again

Hi lucacornago, may I ask for the vertical pano shot you took from the Mavic 2 Pro? Thank you.
2018-9-25
Use props
lucacornago
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-25 05:05
Hi lucacornago, may I ask for the vertical pano shot you took from the Mavic 2 Pro? Thank you.

Sure, can I share with you a folder in order to upload all the files? DM your contact information please.
thanks
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

lucacornago Posted at 2018-9-25 05:07
Sure, can I share with you a folder in order to upload all the files? DM your contact information please.
thanks

If you have a Dropbox or Google drive account just share the link here of the photo. Thanks.
2018-9-25
Use props
lucacornago
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-25 05:13
If you have a Dropbox or Google drive account just share the link here of the photo. Thanks.

In the link you can find the stitched file and the Raw saved file, as you will see the difference is huge.
I also tried to stitch manually the raw file, the quality is better but I have to do more works than when I used Mavic pro 1 Portrait Mode.

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 9NibNc3?usp=sharing

let me know please and thanks for your precious support
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

lucacornago Posted at 2018-9-25 07:27
In the link you can find the stitched file and the Raw saved file, as you will see the difference is huge.
I also tried to stitch manually the raw file, the quality is better but I have to do more works than when I used Mavic pro 1 Portrait Mode.

Hi lucacornago, many thanks for this. I'll get back to you as soon as I have some feedback. Appreciate your patience. Thank you.
2018-9-25
Use props
lucacornago
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-25 07:35
Hi lucacornago, many thanks for this. I'll get back to you as soon as I have some feedback. Appreciate your patience. Thank you.

Thank you too, i am honest, I am really satisfied and happy about Mavic 2 pro, the portrait mode is the only one thing that I miss from Mavic Pro.
Thanks to be so kindly and helpful
2018-9-25
Use props
lucacornago
Second Officer
  • >>>

Any updates? thanks in advance...I miss too much this mode
2018-10-11
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

If you take a look at your gimbal on the MP2 and camera and consider rotation of 90 degress, there is not enough room.  On this drone, very very unlikely to ever see this feature.
I agree on the MPP, it was a great feature, and I also miss it for Pano work.    Would have loved to see same feature in the P4 Pro as there is room to rotate the camera.  

Paul C
2018-10-11
Use props
jcapmeil
New

Tanzania

This is beyond frustrating!
I use the Mavic mainly for photography and just got the 2.
Had to leave on a last minute assignment and bought the drone just before leaving.
Was shooting yesterday and frustratingly couldn't find the Portrait mode, only to find it doesn't exist
Why would they not make it able to shoot in this mode?
Its seemingly not possible in vertical as the camera hits the casing but at least in the down view.
I know people will say, just spin it, but it doest work as well, especially in windy areas.
The drone is not level and then that changes the framing and angle.
Didn't try a vertical Pano but I cant imagine it looks too good with the curvature
Would be great if there was firm ware update for the down view.
Everything else is stellar but im still bummed.
2019-6-30
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Well its no secret theres no portrait mode - it was never advertised as having one, not mentioned in the manuals since prior to its release so a 5 second google search yields the answer.
Yes portrait mode was extremely useful for panoramas on the mavic 1.  The size of the M2 camera and much sturdier gimbal means physically its impossible.  So that wont be coming with a firmware upgrade ever - the hardware just cant do it.

Its easy enough to work around though and just shoot manually and stich.  The drone is more than stable enough for this to produce identical results.
2019-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules