HELP... I forgot to buy "DJI Care Refresh" when I purchased M2P....
1981 9 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI,

I just realized that I forgot to purchase DJI Care Refresh when I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro.  I received the M2P on September 19th, and have flown it once to make sure it all works.  Is there any way for me to purchase DJI Care Refresh at this point?  I tried on your web site and from B&H and was not able to make the purchase.

Help?
2018-9-24
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

yes, but you have to make a video.... check here for details .....

https://forum.dji.com/thread-79958-1-1.html

and here

https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload

2018-9-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-24 03:48
yes, but you have to make a video.... check here for details .....

https://forum.dji.com/thread-79958-1-1.html

Thanks Sky Donkey.

YIKES:  That is not an easy video to make.  The camera used for that video has a long throw lens with macro, great autofocus, and the drone operator and camera operator clearly had to practice so this could be made in one take.  The fact that DJI does not allow the video to be edited really complicates things.

Being as I have only had the drone for a few extra days and can send them the purchase receipt and my flight log to verify the amount of flight time (one flight), this video is a SERIOUS hassle.  Clearly there is no way to do this without inconveniencing another person to come help me shoot this video.

2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does get a little complicated after the 48 hours from activation but doable.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Yes, just provide a video verification https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload. For more of information please call our Product Support. Thank you.

2018-9-24
Use props
atercervus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084957 ft
Monaco

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-9-24 04:11
Thanks Sky Donkey.

YIKES:  That is not an easy video to make.  The camera used for that video has a long throw lens with macro, great autofocus, and the drone operator and camera operator clearly had to practice so this could be made in one take.  The fact that DJI does not allow the video to be edited really complicates things.

Shot that on an iPhone 5S years ago for the original Mavic, no issues.
2018-9-24
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Would he be able to take the Drone to a local DJI store and let them check it out to see that  it works ok and purchase Care refresh there  ?
Or he could also just buy  a State farm PAP policy for $60.
2018-9-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yeah once your outside the 48hrs you have to do the video. Only hope you don’t have dji select because you can use that either except when you are purchasing.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-24 15:20
Would he be able to take the Drone to a local DJI store and let them check it out to see that  it works ok and purchase Care refresh there  ?
Or he could also just buy  a State farm PAP policy for $60.

Hi Kingram, I'm afraid not, even though customers purchase the DJI Care Refresh activation card from the resellers, it will need to be activated before the activation or within 48 hours after the activation, once it has been over 48 hours, we still need a video to verify the drone is in good and working condition by our DJI Care Team. The best way is to contact our DJI Care Team directly, thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-26
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114928 ft

The video is not too bad.  just print out the steps and have someone hold the camera.  i went through the same thing a few weeks ago and got my care in a few days. just run the video from start to finsh.  i did the video twice because I was a little nervous.lol
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules