Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Synch'g once in a while
785 3 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Just a short post to say that after a comment by another claiming my lack of 'flight distance' and their higher figure somehow meaning they are better ... I have decided to synch my flight records.
Please note that these are purely GO and do not include the similar number of LITCHI flights .... so still the number is vastly lower than actual factual flight distance I have flown. By GO it is listed as 331,000 !! not the 94,000 as shown to the left ... so add in LITCHI ... we are talking over 600,000 !!
GO is now updating and already passed the 497,000 mark .... so my numbers above may actually be UNDER reality !!

Why do I post this ? To illustrate how unrepresentative the Flight Distance shown under 'some' avatars is. To try use it as an indication of experiemce is ****** !!

Nigel

2018-9-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

By GO it is listed as 331,000 !! not the 94,000

That is close to feet and meters

But, i agree with where you are coming from, if i where my DJI goggles, no flight distance is recorded, actually, there is no flight record that i can sync with, DJI said there is flight data on the goggles but alas, its nothing i can sync with and guess what, i use them 90% of the time, only take them off when they hurt my forehead to the point i cant take the pain anymore, normally well in to the 3rd battery, this is why my distance does not go up much, if any...

PS, notice i highlighted DJI, thats cause i would have expected differently with other manufacturers goggles but i certainly didnt expect it from DJI own equipment, Having said that, i have not flown for a good while due to not leaving my dogs alone in the hot weather we've had, there could have been a fw to sort this as there was talk of sorting it??
2018-9-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Nigel,

Add to your comment and concern the fellow a few months ago who had over a million feet of flight.  But he let it slip earlier in the thread that others in his company flew the company drones registered to him.  He later started getting abrasive and defensive and was soon bragging about his footage like he could do no wrong when in fact he could not even troubleshoot his problem.  Worst is he was not the first to do this.

So you are right, footage does have limited relevance to flight experience and knowledge.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-24
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Bit like the old fool driving his car in the fast lane holding up traffic ... he may have had a licence for umpteen decades ... but it doesn't mean he's better than the young kid who only got his a short while back.

My post was not meant to be rude or upset anyone ... just that the guy was out of line with his comment and I notice that since he was called out to give more detail about his 'event' has decided to stay quiet !!

Nigel
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules