Prop guards or extra payload detected. Fly with caution
3288 5 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

So I'm flying at dusk yesterday and I get a flash of a warning saying "Prop guards or extra payload detected. Fly with caution".     I don't have prop guards on my drone, and I don't have anything attached or being carried by the drone.    It's the first time I've noticed the error and it just flickered on my DJI Go screen for a minute and disappeared.     It had no effect on the performance of the drone or the mission I was flying.

Has anyone encountered this?
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. Would it be possible to provide a screenshot of the issues you are facing? What is the version of the app you are using?  We're here to help. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-24 07:51
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. Would it be possible to provide a screenshot of the issues you are facing? What is the version of the app you are using?  We're here to help. Thank you.

Well the error only occurred once so far and it flashed up and was gone so quickly that I couldn't get a screenshot.    It might have been just a one time thing.     

I'm using the latest versions of the app and the latest firmware.     

I'll come back here and post more information if it continues to happen.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

NomadRT Posted at 2018-9-24 07:55
Well the error only occurred once so far and it flashed up and was gone so quickly that I couldn't get a screenshot.    It might have been just a one time thing.     

I'm using the latest versions of the app and the latest firmware.     

Hi, thank you. Hoping also that it's just a one-time occurrence.
2018-9-24
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

I think the parameters to trigger this “weight” sensor is set very low; wind blowing down on the craft could make it think it weighed more than it does. This warning is more informational and more of a nagging-type notice than a true hazard.
2018-9-24
Use props
Wbudts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23963 ft
Belgium

I had the same problem this morning, while  flying on my first battery everything went fine. After i changed the battery, i got  the same warning and the distance was limited to 50m. And i couldn't het it right. I am waiting for a respons of DJI
2020-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules