6065 33 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10394 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Go worked great on my LG V20 until it upgraded itself to Android 8.0 last week. Now there is a connection problem. When I plug it in, it says "RC connected" and checks the version. Then it disconnects. USB debugging enabled. The RC works with an LG G5 and Amazon Fire. It's not a cable problem. There's something going on with the USB connection that is software related to Android 8 and the LG V20 and I can't figure it out. Any ideas?
2018-9-24
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15459 ft

United States

hello, this is my first post because it took from thursday of last week, until today to figure out someone else is having the same problem.   I AM TOO, my is doing EXACTLY what you said yours id doing. i can only enter the device, and camera does not work and it says controller connection error
this is very frustrating.  so far ive uninstalled and re installed several times. changed the power up sequenced of all the devices (drone and RC + phone) changes out and ran diff cables as well

EVERYTHING i have found out relates this to only being a LG V20 android update issue.  my samsung tab A works fine as well as an old HTC M8 that i pulled out of the junk drawer just to see if it would work and it DID.

i hope someone can shed some light on this
2018-9-24
Use props
Swill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10394 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've made progress (at the expense of work and my family)! I got it working on the V20 by doing the following.

1. Reset the phone settings to factory defaults. Not a factor data reset. Just "Reset settings" in the reset menu. Not sure if this was important or not because I only did this once.
2. Set the USB connection to "photo transfer" and clicked "always." Once the app connects, it seems to go back to "charging," but I can't seem to get it to work otherwise. Sometimes I have to set it to "photo transfer" and "always" right before restarting the phone.
3. Turn the Mavic and RC controller on before plugging in the phone.
4. Restart the phone and let it settle before plugging it into the RC.
5. Plug the phone into the RC and let the app start all by itself. I haven't had any success starting the app manually. At some point I must have check a box to automatically bring up the app when plugged into the phone

Half the time this does the trick. The other half I need to switch to "photo transfer" while the phone is plugged into the controller, and go back to step 4.

This is a place to start. Let me know if this works for you.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Swill, let us know if you have some concerns, we're here to help you. Have a safe flight always.
2018-9-25
Use props
Capt George
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81470 ft
United States

Thanks for your help.
I am having the same problems with a my V20 recently updated.  Here is what I did to get my phone to work.
I DID NOT reset the phone.
I did set the USB connection to "Photo Transfer"
I found it necessary to reboot the phone just prior to using it with the RC controller.  
During the reboot I leave the phone unplugged.  After the reboot I plug the phone into the RC controller and let the app self start.
So far it seems to work.
Hopefully they will fix the problem and we won't have to go through this every time we fly.
2018-10-12
Use props
idealhobbies1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61089 ft
United States

Having the same issues. I have yet to get it to work consistently. Sometimes and it’s more like rarely, it will connect. More times than not it’s stuck in the connecting USB cycle. I’ve had to use my IPad Pro to use the Spark because it connects every time without fail. However, I really don’t want to always have the bulky iPad to lug around.
Make things more annoying, I bought the phone to use the the Spark because it was on DJIs list. Now, not their fault that Oreo broke it, but they do need to remove it from the recommended list because it does not work coccectly once updated. And, it’s locked so that you can’t roll it back or root it.
2018-10-17
Use props
Capt George
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81470 ft
United States

idealhobbies1 Posted at 2018-10-17 17:12
Having the same issues. I have yet to get it to work consistently. Sometimes and it’s more like rarely, it will connect. More times than not it’s stuck in the connecting USB cycle. I’ve had to use my IPad Pro to use the Spark because it connects every time without fail. However, I really don’t want to always have the bulky iPad to lug around.
Make things more annoying, I bought the phone to use the the Spark because it was on DJIs list. Now, not their fault that Oreo broke it, but they do need to remove it from the recommended list because it does not work coccectly once updated. And, it’s locked so that you can’t roll it back or root it.

I have had some time to do several more flights with my V20 and Mavic Pro.   I have found it will consistently connect to the controller if I do the following.
Set the USB connection to "Photo Transfer" (set as always)
I turn my V20 off completely.  
Plug the V20 into the hand controller.
Link the Mavic with the hand controller with the PHONE OFF
When the Mavic with the hand controller link I turn the phone on.
My phone finds the DJI app and links to the hand controller.
A bit of a pain in the ass but doable.
2018-10-28
Use props
Mirage711
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1206969 ft
United States

Same here problems right after Oreo update 8.0
2018-10-29
Use props
ArgoShots
lvl.1
United States

Same problem here, cannot connect LG-V20 with DJI Go4. RC Connects and often app shows "connection error" or "disconnected". Litchi also shows "disconnected". I have tried all of the steps above and had success about 4 out of 25 attempts and two of those disconnected in flight. The RC stays connected so an RTH command works and flight is still normal.
2018-10-31
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

ArgoShots Posted at 2018-10-31 18:21
Same problem here, cannot connect LG-V20 with DJI Go4. RC Connects and often app shows "connection error" or "disconnected". Litchi also shows "disconnected". I have tried all of the steps above and had success about 4 out of 25 attempts and two of those disconnected in flight. The RC stays connected so an RTH command works and flight is still normal.

Try this setup in Android. Install-dji-go-on-an-android-tablet-or-phone-step-by-step
2018-10-31
Use props
fans5d0f6628
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172024 ft
United States

Yep I have the same issue. I have to screw around for 20+ minutes at times to get it to work. It is annoying and I have missed some shots because of it.
2018-11-4
Use props
fans5d0f6628
lvl.2
United States

I tested it with my fiancee's phone and it worked no problem. It is definitely only with the LG V20. Is there any fix other than messing with it for 20+ minutes? The workaround above only randomly works.
2018-11-4
Use props
fans5d0f6628
lvl.2
United States

Is there a way to rollback to previous Android version?
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans5d0f6628 Posted at 11-4 12:12
Is there a way to rollback to previous Android version?

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you're currently having an issue connection your phone to the RC?  Did you try to connect the phone into the other USB port which is located at the bottom part of your RC? Please ensure that the other USB cable is properly disconnected in any case that you'll be connecting into a different USB port. Please let us know for further help.
2018-11-4
Use props
fans5d0f6628
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-4 14:02
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you're currently having an issue connection your phone to the RC?  Did you try to connect the phone into the other USB port which is located at the bottom part of your RC? Please ensure that the other USB cable is properly disconnected in any case that you'll be connecting into a different USB port. Please let us know for further help.

Dji Tony it is an issue with LG V20 phones and the most recent Android update as stated in the title of this thread. It doesnt matter which port you use on the rc. It worked fine before the Android update. I also borrowed a different model phone to be sure and it worked fine on that one.
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans5d0f6628 Posted at 11-4 17:49
Dji Tony it is an issue with LG V20 phones and the most recent Android update as stated in the title of this thread. It doesnt matter which port you use on the rc. It worked fine before the Android update. I also borrowed a different model phone to be sure and it worked fine on that one.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm afraid that the issue might cause by a compatible issue between the device and our application. Our application is not yet compatible with the LG V20 and this may cause the connection issue while using it. Thank you for understanding.
2018-11-5
Use props
fans5d0f6628
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-5 09:08
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm afraid that the issue might cause by a compatible issue between the device and our application. Our application is not yet compatible with the LG V20 and this may cause the connection issue while using it. Thank you for understanding.

Why did it work fine with the V20 before the Android update?
2018-11-9
Use props
fans5d0f6628
lvl.2
United States

2018-11-9
Use props
fans5d0f6628
lvl.2
United States

I think it is pretty lousy to buy a $1500 drone only to find out that you probably have to spend hundreds more on a new phone just so you can use it properly. The dji engineers should figure out a solution to the V20 issue.
2018-11-9
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

fans5d0f6628 Posted at 11-9 12:03
I think it is pretty lousy to buy a $1500 drone only to find out that you probably have to spend hundreds more on a new phone just so you can use it properly. The dji engineers should figure out a solution to the V20 issue.

The complexity of new software updates and firmware changes is most frustrating and it has cost me time and money. A year ago i bought a Samsung s9+ rather than a crystal sky because the brighter screen than my J7 seemed the wat to go. The s9+ is a great phone but a rubbish drone device. Oreo and the firmware then made flying unsafe because of unpredictable failure. I reverted to the samsung j7 and currently things work. I dread firmware updates although DJI seem to have lost interest in the mavic pro, so that is a good thing. My humble advice is to keep a dedicated phone for the drone and block all app and android updates. The DJI updates are the only ones on that phone. So far it has proved a success. I hope it helps.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans5d0f6628 Posted at 11-9 12:01

Hi, thanks for your reply. If the mobile device was not tested with our engineers then we cannot be guaranteed the performance of the app if it will remain stable especially if there's an update with the device or within the application itself. However, there still a chance of the app that may work on your mobile device due to the capability of your phone. Thank you for understanding.
2018-11-11
Use props
djiuser_WPX9hMYoeqO7
lvl.1

Netherlands

fans5d0f6628 Posted at 11-9 12:03

Totally agree
2018-11-17
Use props
djiuser_WPX9hMYoeqO7
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 11-11 10:51
Hi, thanks for your reply. If the mobile device was not tested with our engineers then we cannot be guaranteed the performance of the app if it will remain stable especially if there's an update with the device or within the application itself. However, there still a chance of the app that may work on your mobile device due to the capability of your phone. Thank you for understanding.
The V20 used to be in the list
Now that it gives problems
It suddenly magically isn't anymore
Of course you dji people deny this fact
But i am very very sure
When I bought my dji mavic
I made very 100% sure my v20 was listed
Because I wouldn't have bought the drone
If I knew beforehand I would be forced  
To buy an additional phone for several hundreds of dollars
2018-11-17
Use props
djiuser_WPX9hMYoeqO7
lvl.1

Netherlands

Weak and lousy reply DJi !!!
Disappointing to show so little concern for customer satisfaction
2018-11-17
Use props
djiuser_WPX9hMYoeqO7
lvl.1

Netherlands

It lloks like this problem might just as well be based in the DJi updates
When I start up the app since the last DJi update on my LG
V20 phone the app right from the get go
Goes in this infinite loop white screen fault
Got to restart my phone to get out of it
By pulling the battery

Rediculous for one app to be so poorly programmed to block any operation of my phone in an infinite fault loop  
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_WPX9hMYoeqO7 Posted at 11-17 11:42
The V20 used to be in the list
Now that it gives problems
It suddenly magically isn't anymore

Hi, sorry for the late response. May I know what specific problem did you encounter with the DJI Go 4 app? Please let us know for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-18
Use props
djiuser_WPX9hMYoeqO7
lvl.1

Netherlands

idealhobbies1 Posted at 10-17 17:12
Make things more annoying, I bought the phone to use the the Spark because it was on DJIs list. Now, not their fault that Oreo broke it, but they do need to remove it from the recommended list because it does not work coccectly once updated. And, it’s locked so that you can’t roll it back or root it.

Now DJI is denying it was or is on their list
I know !!! it was on their list before
Now since this problem arose it isn't
And that's their excuse to give no support at all
Sad company
Poor commitment to support their own product
2018-12-2
Use props
djiuser_btXuIhSVnvN1
lvl.1

Singapore

Downgrade back to Android 7.x Nougat and it works well like before with DJI Go 4.
Get your firmware at
https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-h990ds-firmwares/#tab=firmwares
Detailed instructions here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/v20/how-to/v20-kdz-restore-failing-9-completing-fix-t3546817
2018-12-16
Use props
fans48950774
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1104157 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I have that problem that V20 only charged through the remote without connection despite resetting, enabled usb debug and enabled mtp or ptp etc. Any solution yet?
2018-12-22
Use props
djiuser_UCGD3sGxVt0D
lvl.1

Germany

Ich habe das gleiche Problem und hoffe LG und/oder DJI unternehmen bald etwas dagegen.
2018-12-26
Use props
dod888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36673 ft
Indonesia

Is there an update to this problem? I hate to buy new mobile to use my brand new mavic zoom.
When I 1st setting the drone, I use the LG V20 and there is no problem.
After second flight, i could not connect to it anymore.
2019-7-14
Use props
fansd0a96463
New

Israel

Still have this problem now and for the all last year.
just today saw the forum and now I know that it is for every one not only me.
the really bad thing here is that I contact DJI, they gave me lot of list things to do that I done any way but they didn't mention the fact that it is the V20 upgrade issue.
and yes, I done all the tricks that mention above but it inst constant and I spent hours and night to solve this, more of that I missed very important opportunities to take photos for my research.
and yes, the V20 was on the list, I am 100% checked this before buying.
good health to every one.
2020-4-8
Use props
Starfinder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119636 ft
United Kingdom

I think i have this issue also, V20 is on the list compatible devices (as of today). I have had limited success with restarts and switch to ptp (photo transfer mode), but its very hit and miss.

When I have the issue it is always accompanied by a slow charging warning on screen, whenever it works that warning isn't there. I think a V20 power management issue might be at fault, and from reading the above rolling back the ROM install might be the fix.
2021-1-23
Use props
Tiradentes
New

Brazil

I have been running Android 7.0 on my LG V20 for years due to this issue. Disappointed to read that no progress has been made.
2021-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules