Mavic Air calibrate compass
1044 5 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris_designer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24813 ft

Hi. My Mavic Air loses the compass settings and I have to calibrate it again without changing area. Do you know why is happening this? I don’t use it often. Is it probably this the reason that it loses the settings?
Thank you in advance
2018-9-24
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56171 ft
United States

I got a lot of this previously but this was with launching from concrete and close to a metal gazebo at our backyard. after i started to launch from my lawn, i am yet to get a "compass calibration" prompt.
2018-9-24
Use props
Chris_designer
lvl.4
Greece

Thank you so much for your help. It was really very helpful. Finally I think that in my case trial must have played a role and the fact that sometimes he did not make good contact the cable with the mobile. So the app didn't make proper use of the data. I tried without calibrating to restart the application and the aircraft after correct connection and everything  seemed normal.
I hope now it's all OK. If it happens again, I'll try your trial version.
Best regards
Chris
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Chris, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had with your aircraft. Try not to launch the aircraft from any metal surface or near huge metal objects as this may cause some errors. Have a safe flight always.
2018-9-25
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56171 ft
United States

Chris_designer Posted at 2018-9-24 12:14
Thank you so much for your help. It was really very helpful. Finally I think that in my case trial must have played a role and the fact that sometimes he did not make good contact the cable with the mobile. So the app didn't make proper use of the data. I tried without calibrating to restart the application and the aircraft after correct connection and everything  seemed normal.
I hope now it's all OK. If it happens again, I'll try your trial version.
Best regards

I wouldn't ignore those CALIBRATION PROMPTS if i were you. i did that, and the drone just went crazy.....
2018-9-25
Use props
Chris_designer
lvl.4
Greece

Thank you so much for your advice. I didn’t ignore the calibration. Just connecting again my phone with aircraft In different place didn’t asked me again to do that and in the screen the compass calibrate seemed to be normal. If I get a message again, I'll try to calibrate away from areas with metal elements. Last time the calibration was done in a parking lot near an Olympic stadium so there might be interference.
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules