Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tell Your Congressional Delegation to Vote NO on the FAA Reauthor...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

As requested by AMA Government Relations.

Contact Congress today and tell them to vote NO on the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018, which can be read here.  This bill is the result of closed-door negotiations between leadership of the House and Senate and includes significant modifications to the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, also known as Section 336.  While some of the changes are positive, and include provisions that AMA has championed, overall the bill is problematic.

Model aviation hobbyists have been flying safely in the skies since before the FAA was even created.  We're not the problem.  Yet, this bill will deal a devastating blow to our hobby and the many local communities, charities and educational programs we support.

As written, this bill puts our community under the authority of the FAA, which means the agency can, at any time, impose additional regulations on model aircraft.  In addition, the bill specifically imposes a 400' altitude limit on model aircraft operating within the programming of a community-based organization (CBO), which will curtail long-standing AMA competitions and events that support local charities and non-profits.  These and other changes will make it even more difficult to fly and will stifle the broader benefits of model aviation to STEM education and the broader aviation community.

It is important for you to know that this bill has not yet been voted into law.  This is a critical moment and Congress needs to hear from our members on the harm this bill would do to our safe, long-standing hobby.

Regardless of the outcome of the reauthorization process, AMA will continue to work with Congress and the FAA to fight for relief from onerous regulations for our members.

After you write Congress please encourage others to do the same by forwarding this email, this YouTube video, and sharing modelaircraft.org/gov .

Thank You,

AMA Government Relations

2018-9-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Another great post/thread.  Thank-you
2018-9-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I wonder how many lawmakers will even read what's in the bill.
2018-9-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-9-24 14:40
I wonder how many lawmakers will even read what's in the bill.

Aloha ALABAMA,

That is what they have aides for.  Aides are very powerful.  They have a very big part in shaping policy.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Canada has a major interruption to our antiquated laws coming in October...

RedHotPoker
2018-9-24
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft

Money talks. I worked for a governor. I know first hand. By the way, I lived on Hilton Head Island then many years ago. Do you think things have gotten better? LOL
2018-9-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 2018-9-24 16:12
Money talks. I worked for a governor. I know first hand. By the way, I lived on Hilton Head Island then many years ago. Do you think things have gotten better? LOL

Aloha seal ,

The AMA is one of the more affluent advocacy organizations for people with mainstream hobbies.  What has given the AMA much more clout is the fact that there are now more UAVs registered in the USA than all other aircraft combined.  Yes, money counts but votes count to.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this topic to Forum. If there's any other concern or inquiries, feel free to contact us. We are here to help.  Thank you.
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules