Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Perfect place to fly
123Next >
3101 82 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christine96
Second Officer
United States

I think I have found the perfect place to fly my drones.  Its a field on the campus of my employer and I have been given permission to fly there.  It's perfect because I don't have to worry about people wondering about.  See the photo attached.  That little round area at the end of the street is perfect for staging litchi missions.  I'm going to try it out this weekend.
Field.jpg
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i guess that's okay..  i personally like flying in more interesting places like down the rivers and over some roads and exploring places hard to get to or is "off limits" by foot but haven't said no droning yet..
2018-9-24
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-24 16:12
i guess that's okay..  i personally like flying in more interesting places like down the rivers and over some roads and exploring places hard to get to or is "off limits" by foot but haven't said no droning yet..

It's good for practice though, and getting your exp / gimbal dialed in, playing with footage in the same weather before a real shoot. Like when I was going out to the mid west, knew what the drone was producing real time and got the drone shots before the sun set.

I think a lot of people miss those shots because they are shooting and praying the footage doesn't suck. But it sucks! What you going to do but spend all time in post trying to fix garbage
2018-9-24
Use props
Christine96
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-24 16:12

I know but I'm limited by safety.  A 105 pound blonde female by herself in remote areas is a magnet for perps.  So its this or parks which are always full of people.  
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for sharing this with us. You can also check our geo zone map to see if the location would be restricted so that you could be able to fly your drone. Kindly see the link below. Please have a safe flight.

www.dji.com/flysafe
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-24 16:22
It's good for practice though, and getting your exp / gimbal dialed in, playing with footage in the same weather before a real shoot. Like when I was going out to the mid west, knew what the drone was producing real time and got the drone shots before the sun set.

I think a lot of people miss those shots because they are shooting and praying the footage doesn't suck. But it sucks! What you going to do but spend all time in post trying to fix garbage

true i guess, good place to make sure you know every possibility with your drone.
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-24 16:25
I know but I'm limited by safety.  A 105 pound blonde female by herself in remote areas is a magnet for perps.  So its this or parks which are always full of people.

if your that frightened of other people potentially doing something to you, for any reason, then carry a force multiplier on you...aka get a gun, learn to shoot practice practice practice... and if someday the worst happens, than you can handle yourself without becoming a victim.  
2018-9-24
Use props
Christine96
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-24 16:44
if your that frightened of other people potentially doing something to you, for any reason, then carry a force multiplier on you...aka get a gun, learn to shoot practice practice practice... and if someday the worst happens, than you can handle yourself without becoming a victim.

I don't like guns.  
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

then..   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maybe make some good friends and dedicate some of your hangout time flying the drones...?
2018-9-24
Use props
Hedsic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Looks like the perfect spot for a little FPV racer
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-24 17:00

true story.  but for an aerial camera i can imagine it will get boring pretty quickly.
2018-9-24
Use props
Christine96
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-24 16:59
then..   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maybe make some good friends and dedicate some of your hangout time flying the drones...?

Or I could fly the business park where I have permission and it's safe.  I really like that option.
2018-9-24
Use props
Christine96
Second Officer
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-24 17:00

Yeah I think you're right.  
2018-9-24
Use props
Hedsic
Second Officer

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-24 17:14
Yeah I think you're right.

Glad you have a comfortable place to fly. No point in doing it if you cant have fun and it sounds like this is the perfect place for that.
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-24 17:14
Or I could fly the business park where I have permission and it's safe.  I really like that option.

fair enough.   
2018-9-24
Use props
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Christine, looks like a great place to learn the features of Litchi.   You don't need beautiful scenery to learn on.  You need objects, and there are plenty available there.
2018-9-24
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
United States

Trust me, if you look like your avatar nothing to worry about
2018-9-24
Use props
simïis
lvl.1

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-24 18:22

Wow!!! that was a horrible thing to say to someone, even by my standards.
2018-9-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a good place to get to know your drone
2018-9-24
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
United States

simïis Posted at 2018-9-24 18:32
Wow!!! that was a horrible thing to say to someone, even by my standards.

Bah was a joke.. Damn you Brian
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

wow, im at a loss for words for how poor of taste that was.  
2018-9-24
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>

Christine, you need to learn the art of the stealth launch & fly.  Park at the back of a parking lot, shopping center, etc, with your vehicle facing your intended flight direction.  Prep the bird in the vehicle, casually set it outside & fire her up.  Then sit back in your car with the remote on the wheel & fly in climate-controlled comfort.  You even have a convenient cup holder!  The glass won't affect your RC range, & you can even fly pretty far off to the sides & rear.

Go to the very end.  I flew the whole flight sitting in the truck.  

2018-9-24
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>

You're a real class act, dude...

2018-9-24
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-24 20:21
You're a real class act, dude...

Coming from you guys- I'm a saint!
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-24 21:48
Coming from you guys- I'm a saint!

that's a first... you mixed up the word "saint" with a**hole....

2018-9-24
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-24 21:56
that's a first... you mixed up the word "saint" with a**hole....

Lol really.. Not biting You guys are simple trolls, I know because because been there. Btw your mom is so black when she get in the car the oil light come on!
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-24 21:59
Lol really.. Not biting  You guys are simple trolls, I know because because been there. Btw your mom is so black when she get in the car the oil light come on!

i think you misunderstood, i wasn't baiting you.  
2018-9-24
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-24 22:00
i think you misunderstood, i wasn't baiting you.

Aye, really dood.. I mean how simple do you have to be to not see sarcasm. Geez you guys are either trolls or really simple. I was thinking trolls
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-24 22:06
Aye, really dood.. I mean how simple do you have to be to not see sarcasm. Geez you guys are either trolls or really simple. I was thinking trolls

you been called out on your so called "sarcasm" multiple times as it is very poor taste and you can't accept that and apologize for it being in poor taste.  
2018-9-24
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
United States

Maybe the democrats were right all along.. Depop is the way jk but no I'm not. I mean really how can you be serious, well I get it but ok you win..
2018-9-24
Use props
fans4cf64f90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476243 ft

What a jerk !!!
2018-9-24
Use props
fans4cf64f90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476243 ft

You need to be kicked off this site immediately!
2018-9-24
Use props
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

You obviously don,t have a lot of brain cells firing between your ears.............
a hole.
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As long as you feel comfortable flying there and enjoy flying the drone without looking over your shoulder whilst you practice then that's a good start Christine.  
2018-9-25
Use props
Christine96
Second Officer

Thehipoz if you were trying to hurt my feelings well mission accomplished.  I cried when I read your insults but then I remember what my dad said a couple years ago when I graduated from college. He said “girl you graduate with an engineering degree at just 19 years old,  that’s extraordinary.  My dad is my hero and he would pound you into kitty litter.  
2018-9-25
Use props
Hedsic
Second Officer

What the hell is happening to this place? Where are the moderators at to boot these people? Why would anyone say that about someone period. We are here to talk about Mavic's, Photography, Videography, places to fly.. Not insult people for no reason.
2018-9-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you will find he’s not called HIPPO because he’s thin good looking and Tall, it takes a big Ass to be a HIPPO. );-)”””””””””
2018-9-25
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
United States

f5a.jpg

And hallmark.. really? How can you not take her avatar as a joke. No way that's her picture or even a girl for that matter. I mean comon.. you know that's probably a guy right. . That makes you all fruity.
I'm skinney too. But what does that matter! You guys are nuts.

2018-9-25
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-24 22:19
Maybe the democrats were right all along.. Depop is the way  jk but no I'm not. I mean really how can you be serious, well I get it but ok you win..

You've heard of the "Rule of Holes"?

When you're in one, put the shovel down...
2018-9-25
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-25 08:23
Thehipoz if you were trying to hurt my feelings well mission accomplished.  I cried when I read your insults but then I remember what my dad said a couple years ago when I graduated from college. He said “girl you graduate with an engineering degree at just 19 years old,  that’s extraordinary.  My dad is my hero and he would pound you into kitty litter.

Don't allow that Schmoe to bother you, Christine.  He's only exposing himself as a classless POS.
2018-9-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules