Perfect place to fly
3133 73 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-25 09:03
Don't allow that Schmoe to bother you, Christine.  He's only exposing himself as a classless POS.

I know but it was the pure viciousness of his attack that upset me.  I know I look like a boy and I really don't care but there is nothing I can do about it.   
2018-9-25
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-25 09:38
people that pick on others like that have a big hole in their life they can't fill, they have to bring other people down to their level so they dont feel so alone in this world.  obviously you are incredibly smart and powerful girl as you know, so you are already multiple steps ahead in life of this troll.

Thank you!
2018-9-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-24 16:25
I know but I'm limited by safety.  A 105 pound blonde female by herself in remote areas is a magnet for perps.  So its this or parks which are always full of people.

Pack some heat!  You will no longer be a 105 pound blonde female.   
2018-9-25
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Horizon Hobby Blade Theory or UMX F-27 FPV
2018-9-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

How about K9s?   
Doesn't take a very big dog to maul liv'n life out of a scumbag.
2018-9-25
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-25 15:29
How about K9s?   
Doesn't take a very big dog to maul liv'n life out of a scumbag.

I do like dogs.  I have a cat but he couldn't be bothered.
2018-9-25
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow why be nasty to the OP is beyond comprehension, uncalled for and seriously out of order.
2018-9-25
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and coming to my defense.  I don't know what that dude problem is but I reported his post.  I hope they ban him.
2018-9-25
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-25 16:19
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and coming to my defense.  I don't know what that dude problem is but I reported his post.  I hope they ban him.

Lol you guys are nuts
2018-9-25
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Dude, just accept the fact your "joke" was bad, man up and say sorry. Don't try to defend/excuse yourself for it, cause you only make it worse... be an adult
2018-9-25
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

You are either 12 years old, completely ignorant, low-brow educated, a total and complete d0uchebag, or all of the above... Personally, I think you’re all of the above!

They already banned that fruit Loup sims, and something tells me you’re his other account, cause you seem to act similarly.

I hope Karma comes to bite you in the rear for this, you deserve it whole heartedly!
2018-9-25
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-26 02:50
Actually Baltimore is wide open except for two jails northwest of the Inner Harbor & the two stadiums during games.  Back before the current Geo system the two stadiums were always NFZ 24/7 even when no game was scheduled.  That is probably what you experienced.  Now it's great.  No game you are free to fly!

https://youtu.be/IWjLs2_mIg8

Awesome!  I love watching  your videos.  
2018-9-26
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-24 20:19
Christine, you need to learn the art of the stealth launch & fly.  Park at the back of a parking lot, shopping center, etc, with your vehicle facing your intended flight direction.  Prep the bird in the vehicle, casually set it outside & fire her up.  Then sit back in your car with the remote on the wheel & fly in climate-controlled comfort.  You even have a convenient cup holder!  The glass won't affect your RC range, & you can even fly pretty far off to the sides & rear.

Go to the very end.  I flew the whole flight sitting in the truck.  

"The glass won't affect your RC range, & you can even fly pretty far off to the sides & rear."

Oh that's good to know.  I thought it would be effected.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks!
2018-9-27
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Keep in mind that you can fly in your car, but from my experience the signal gets bad quickly. If you can see the drone trough the windshield it should be fine, but if you go a bit out the signal will drop quickly
2018-9-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the glass wont effect it but the metal body of the vehical acts as a faraday cage which will block signals.   my Volvo wagon is really bad about blocking my signals usually getting signal warnings and issues within 100 feet..
2018-9-27
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-25 19:15
You are either 12 years old, completely ignorant, low-brow educated, a total and complete d0uchebag, or all of the above... Personally, I think you’re all of the above!

They already banned that fruit Loup sims, and something tells me you’re his other account, cause you seem to act similarly.

What? Overreact much you're projecting again.. And I think Christine is a guy- well bet anything it's a little soyboy

2018-9-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-27 16:22
What? Overreact much you're projecting again.. And I think Christine is a guy- well bet anything it's a little soyboy

[view_image]

no one is overreacting, we just calling it as we see it, in fact calling you 12 is insulting to 12 yr olds i think.  

besides, i think only you care if someone is a guy or a girl....this isn't a dating platform, this is a drone community with shared interests and for people who have concerns about their product or future products.  so stop being a toxic little sh*t.
2018-9-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-27 16:35
I fly from inside my work truck & pickup all the time & have never noticed any reduction in RC performance.   I have even flown a mile or more directly BEHIND myself through the body of the work truck & cap of my pickup.  In this old P4 video I am 3 miles out flying in the cold with a few flurries.

https://youtu.be/2YLViMUPCnU

well true, with occusync...  occusync on my mavic pro i used to own i could fly around a mile away in any direction without much fuss..   but my mavic air now, RIP... the wifi almost like it cannot leave my car.
2018-9-27
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-27 16:14
the glass wont effect it but the metal body of the vehical acts as a faraday cage which will block signals.   my Volvo wagon is really bad about blocking my signals usually getting signal warnings and issues within 100 feet..

What drone did you fly?
2018-9-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-27 16:46
Wi-Fi was why i passed on the Air & waited for the Mavic 2.  The Air is a great bird except for the Wi-Fi.

that is true.  i mean the "enhanced wifi" is almost there, maybe dji can optimize it it further in firmware, has been mods for 1.5 watts (default is 0.4watts in FCC), i tried that mod out on android (rolled back to a working dji go app version for that mod) and it makes a huge difference in signal quality, not so much to pure range but quality and penetration power is way up and it felt liek i was flying my mavic pro, very few things challenged it.
2018-9-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mavic air.  i think with occusync and maybe lightbridge drone as well you will get much better results.
2018-9-27
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-27 16:52
mavic air.  i think with occusync and maybe lightbridge drone as well you will get much better results.

Maybe because the MA is WiFi based?  DB flies a P4P I think.  
2018-9-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-27 17:06
Maybe because the MA is WiFi based?  DB flies a P4P I think.

mhm, part of the issue is output power, more power it outputs the more it can penetrate.   

wifi in mavic air is 0.4 watts (FCC mode) and occusync and lightbridge uses 1.4 watts.

i did a mod to get 1.5 watts on my mavic air (patched in Dji go 4 now) and it made a world of difference, though i didn't fly it from my car with that 1.5 watt mod but i did fly it around trees and buildings and it acted like my mavic pro did, basically unphased.
2018-9-27
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-24 16:31
Hi, Thanks for sharing this with us. You can also check our geo zone map to see if the location would be restricted so that you could be able to fly your drone. Kindly see the link below. Please have a safe flight.

www.dji.com/flysafe

Tony, can you or someone on staff please ban thehippoz. This trolling and offensive crap is getting annoying. This guy is as bad as that other troll that recently got banned (I'm starting to think they where the same person with multiple accounts)
2018-9-27
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-27 16:46
Wi-Fi was why i passed on the Air & waited for the Mavic 2.  The Air is a great bird except for the Wi-Fi.

With that, I fully agree. Wi Fi breaks the wings of this drone for me.
2018-9-28
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-27 17:11
mhm, part of the issue is output power, more power it outputs the more it can penetrate.   

wifi in mavic air is 0.4 watts (FCC mode) and occusync and lightbridge uses 1.4 watts.

Please share this mod. Would love to know how, and why it work.
2018-9-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-28 00:57
Please share this mod. Would love to know how, and why it work.

PM me with your email and I will send you the youtube link, have this working on the mavic pro on fcc
2018-9-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-9-28 04:38
PM me with your email and I will send you the youtube link, have this working on the mavic pro on fcc

just as a reminder to let her know if your method uses dji go 4 app config files:

on android you have to roll back the app because it doesn't always stick, for me on new app i have to inject the config file every time i launch the app.  if you roll back it will stick everytime..   

on iOS its equally as annoying but have to roll back itunes on your PC then inject the config file that way or use XCode method and inject at launch.

unless better method, i can only seem to get tethered methods to work
2018-9-28
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-27 17:11

How did you mod it?
2018-9-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PMed you the link
2018-9-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-28 12:01
just as a reminder to let her know if your method uses dji go 4 app config files:

on android you have to roll back the app because it doesn't always stick, for me on new app i have to inject the config file every time i launch the app.  if you roll back it will stick everytime..   

I seem to have it working on Android without rolling back, IOS i just side loaded the newest app with mine with an impactor and tweat and it works FCC in CE
2018-9-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-9-28 20:34
I seem to have it working on Android without rolling back, IOS i just side loaded the newest app with mine with an impactor and tweat and it works FCC in CE

can you link me in PM your mod method to get 1.5 watts to work?  im not sure my method is working right at all..  
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-27 18:12
Tony, can you or someone on staff please ban thehippoz. This trolling and offensive crap is getting annoying. This guy is as bad as that other troll that recently got banned (I'm starting to think they where the same person with multiple accounts)

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. Could you be able to send the link of this concern via PM so that we can see on our end? Thank you for the support.
2018-9-30
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-30 08:35
Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. Could you be able to send the link of this concern via PM so that we can see on our end? Thank you for the support.

I think there is enough right here in this very thread alone.
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules