My new Mavic 2 Pro is stuck on Poor radio channel quality
708819 708819 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shredder777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114928 ft

Hope I am not confusing you guys..lol.   There is something wrong with "Dual".  Thank you guys.
2018-10-3
Use props
Lance Brown
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646014 ft
United States

shredder777 Posted at 2018-10-3 10:13
Hope I am not confusing you guys..lol.   There is something wrong with "Dual".  Thank you guys.

Ditto, poor is all I’ve ever seen.  DJI can add this to their “coming soon” as a fix.
2018-10-3
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

Lance Brown Posted at 2018-10-3 18:54
Ditto, poor is all I’ve ever seen.  DJI can add this to their “coming soon” as a fix.

DJI's list of fixes is longer than the declaration of independence!
2018-10-3
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Sounds pretty bumming and tbh i didn't notice that since im always looking at the top status bar and it always looks good - need to check if i also have POOR.

Anyways, did anybody noticed a bad connection or a real problem which leads to the POOR signal or did you guys just noticed it at startup but not mid flight? My Mavic flew perfectly no problems atall - wondering if its just a displaying bug.
2018-10-4
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

rarevfx_official Posted at 2018-10-4 04:19
Sounds pretty bumming and tbh i didn't notice that since im always looking at the top status bar and it always looks good - need to check if i also have POOR.

Anyways, did anybody noticed a bad connection or a real problem which leads to the POOR signal or did you guys just noticed it at startup but not mid flight? My Mavic flew perfectly no problems atall - wondering if its just a displaying bug.

I noticed it when I lost total control of the M2P. No connection between RC and AC.
2018-10-4
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Germany

Squashpile Posted at 2018-10-4 06:42
I noticed it when I lost total control of the M2P. No connection between RC and AC.

Ok ok thanks!
I tested it today indorrs, had POOR quality but it also said under "POOR" "Too many Signal interferences"

So i went on a field an hour ago and tested again (smartphone in airplane-mode) and everything was fine. Status was on GOOD and not POOR.

Dont know why this is different from yours, might be a new batch i got (received mine 2 days ago)
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shredder777 Posted at 2018-10-3 10:05
cool! great news.  Yeap, its in 5.8.  It seems to be within the entire flight from close range (Takeoff) to flying normal flight (over 300ft) .

Hi, I would like to ask if this occurring under dual mode only? If yes, is it happening on both remote controllers? Did this occur if you use one RC only? Please keep us posted.
2018-10-4
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810869 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-4 11:56
Hi, I would like to ask if this occurring under dual mode only? If yes, is it happening on both remote controllers? Did this occur if you use one RC only? Please keep us posted.

It happens in all modes .
2018-10-4
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

All modes for sure!
2018-10-4
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

rarevfx_official Posted at 2018-10-4 08:55
Ok ok thanks!
I tested it today indorrs, had POOR quality but it also said under "POOR" "Too many Signal interferences"

I will have to try that.  When you are in airplane mode, how does your map update?  curious about that mode.
2018-10-4
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

rarevfx_official Posted at 2018-10-4 08:55
Ok ok thanks!

I clicked the wrong reply... This is the right one..

I will have to try that.  When you are in airplane mode, how does your map update?  curious about that mode.

2018-10-4
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have issues going over just 1000 feet in line of sight, but never fooled with the freq yet. I will have to check to see what it says and see if I still lose video if statically set to 2.4. How long does one have to get that extra extended warranty after purchasing?
Thanks.
2018-10-4
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Germany

MichaelDiggs Posted at 2018-10-4 18:56
I also have issues going over just 1000 feet in line of sight, but never fooled with the freq yet. I will have to check to see what it says and see if I still lose video if statically set to 2.4. How long does one have to get that extra extended warranty after purchasing?
Thanks.

What do you mean with extended warranty? CareRefresh?

2018-10-4
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Germany

RE: My new Mavic 2 Pro is stuck on Poor radio channel quality

shredder777 Posted at 2018-10-4 17:14
I clicked the wrong reply... This is the right one..

Didnt see any issues with the map update... ill check again and will let you know.
2018-10-4
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Germany

shredder777 Posted at 2018-10-4 17:14
I clicked the wrong reply... This is the right one..

Tested it again at a location where i never flew with my M2P before.
I enabled airplane mode, then connected RC, turned on RC and AC - the map loaded (curious how this works lol)

So it seems even in airplane mode the app will load the map
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the response. To protect your credentials here, please see your inbox. Thank you!
2018-10-5
Use props
Fabp92
New
Peru

Same problem, it is really annoying because i really want to test the capabilities of my new mavic 2 pro but that poor radio signal makes me worry.
2018-10-6
Use props
waxings
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519708 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any updates?  This is getting frustrating.
2018-10-10
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

I've been having the same issue since I got it. I fix it by restarting both the drone and the RC, however that doesn't work everytime, So I start resetting 1 by 1 it (first RC then Drone, and backwards) takes about 2 to 3 restarts, but it gets there. Theres no doubt something is weird in firmware. I can confirm though I've had long flights with no connection issues.
2018-10-10
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

Ali3N Posted at 2018-10-10 07:06
I've been having the same issue since I got it. I fix it by restarting both the drone and the RC, however that doesn't work everytime, So I start resetting 1 by 1 it (first RC then Drone, and backwards) takes about 2 to 3 restarts, but it gets there. Theres no doubt something is weird in firmware. I can confirm though I've had long flights with no connection issues.

Very cool! I will give that a try.  its more a mental thing then anything.  Thank you Ali3n!

Cheers!
2018-10-10
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

waxings Posted at 2018-10-10 06:29
Any updates?  This is getting frustrating.

I am sure they are working on it.  I check everyday on firmware updates.  Havent flown much in the last 3 days because it does cause me a little bit of anxiety...lol
2018-10-10
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

rarevfx_official Posted at 2018-10-4 22:30
Tested it again at a location where i never flew with my M2P before.
I enabled airplane mode, then connected RC, turned on RC and AC - the map loaded (curious how this works lol)

How is that possible unless you have had to downloaded the map previously.  odd.... if this is the case, then I wont need my hotspot on my phone.
2018-10-10
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060348 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi All

I got the Mavic 2 Zoom and was getting great range, flawless live feed etc etc. However Once I paired my white Goggles, I started having FPV issues, which appear to be glitching.

Looking closer at the issue, it appears once I paired the googles, the Drone/RC are stuck in 2.4Ghz mode and I cannot force the AC/RC back to 5.8Ghz. Is there any known method to do this as i cannot seem to find any way of setting it to operate in 5.8Ghz/Dual?

Again, this only appears to have occurred once I paired the white goggles (which is 2.4Ghz only) so it appears the AC/RC are stuck in this mode even if the goggles are not in use.

Help is much appreciated.
2018-10-10
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

Dr0ne_n00b Posted at 2018-10-10 17:23
Hi All

I got the Mavic 2 Zoom and was getting great range, flawless live feed etc etc. However Once I paired my white Goggles, I started having FPV issues, which appear to be glitching.

I honestly think it's the firmware.  which is causing issues with the Transmission which wont get out of *POOR*  I am sure they are fixing it now..:-) just waiting.
2018-10-10
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060348 ft
  • >>>
Australia

shredder777 Posted at 2018-10-10 18:26
I honestly think it's the firmware.  which is causing issues with the Transmission which wont get out of *POOR*  I am sure they are fixing it now..:-) just waiting.

Yes something very quirky. I found now if I rebind the controller WITHOUT the goggles, the 5.8Ghz returns. So it appears for anyone binding the RC and the white Gen1 goggles will lose 5.8Ghz support.

Unsure if this is a bug or a feature?

The result is poorer reception than normal due to there only being noisy 2.4GHz band available even when goggle not in use.
2018-10-10
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Germany

shredder777 Posted at 2018-10-10 09:18
How is that possible unless you have had to downloaded the map previously.  odd.... if this is the case, then I wont need my hotspot on my phone.

test it out - always seems to work since ive posted it
Getting no issues when in airplane mode and always good signal.

Why do you have a hotspot when flying with the drone?
2018-10-10
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

rarevfx_official Posted at 2018-10-10 23:55
test it out - always seems to work since ive posted it
Getting no issues when in airplane mode and always good signal.

Wow!  Never thought it worked liked that thinking I needed to have internet connection. That is why I had the hotspot activated.  I remember flying in a remote place and my iPad told I needed internet connection for some reason when I was about to fly.  Maybe this whole time it was related to something different. Lol.   I will try airplane mode.  

Thank you man!
2018-10-11
Use props
waxings
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519708 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine does the same thing in airplane mode. I know this sounds crazy but does it have anything do do with an apple watch. I vaguely  remember reading about this with the Mavic Air?  Do any of you have an apple watch?
2018-10-11
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

waxings Posted at 2018-10-11 05:27
Mine does the same thing in airplane mode. I know this sounds crazy but does it have anything do do with an apple watch. I vaguely  remember reading about this with the Mavic Air?  Do any of you have an apple watch?

Hi,  this happens to me without the Apple watch.  They just release a firmware update but, its not gone as of yet... hopefully the next update.
2018-10-12
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

Same in AP mode.
2018-10-12
Use props
Buzzed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16883 ft
United States

Wasted a lot of time on this. Since new out of the box getting (Radio Channel Quality = POOR) (Strong interference. Fly with caution.)
DJI - Can we get a good replacement or a solution to this problem soon ???? Thanks
2018-10-16
Use props
fans5ee05601
lvl.1

United States

Exact same issue with my new M2 Zoom.  Shows Poor Radio signal everytime I fly in all locations.  I have spent hours on the phone with DJI tech support and read countless forum posts.  I have downgraded firmware then reloaded new firmware.  I have relinked AC with RC, switched between frequencies and done everything short of standing on a roof holding a TV antennae with aluminum foil offshoots....all with no luck.  Still Poor Radio Signal.  I’m as steamed as a barrel full of clams.  Would love to hear anyone having any luck resolving this.  My Mavic Pro and Phantoms fly in the same locations without any issues.  HELP DJI!!!!
2018-10-19
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

fans5ee05601 Posted at 2018-10-19 23:10
Exact same issue with my new M2 Zoom.  Shows Poor Radio signal everytime I fly in all locations.  I have spent hours on the phone with DJI tech support and read countless forum posts.  I have downgraded firmware then reloaded new firmware.  I have relinked AC with RC, switched between frequencies and done everything short of standing on a roof holding a TV antennae with aluminum foil offshoots....all with no luck.  Still Poor Radio Signal.  I’m as steamed as a barrel full of clams.  Would love to hear anyone having any luck resolving this.  My Mavic Pro and Phantoms fly in the same locations without any issues.  HELP DJI!!!!

Hey my friend, I am still waiting for a solution.  I flew my pro today and I didn't have a problem until I got home to upload my video and it looked like I was getting interference when I was landing.  I seen lines in the video.  no problem flying, just the video feed.  now, I am really paranoid..lol  please help Tony....:-(  I am thinking of flying my mavic pro for time being so nothing happens to my new mavic 2 pro..
2018-10-20
Use props
fans5ee05601
lvl.1

United States

Soooooo do you believe this poor signal biz will be fixed with a firmware adjustment or should we send them back?...
2018-10-27
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

same issue with M2P , different locations , IPAD Mini , HTCU11 (Airplane mode) less than 500m and 50m up . but still getting poor signal and signal lost
2018-10-28
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
United States

fans5ee05601 Posted at 2018-10-27 18:15
Soooooo do you believe this poor signal biz will be fixed with a firmware adjustment or should we send them back?...

I hope so on next firmware.  I havent heard anything yet from support publicly.  Just privately.   I believe they gotta be working on it.
2018-10-29
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Putting my iPad mini in airplane mode has helped with the POOR reception.

Never had to do this with my MP or MPP.  I will keep using airplane mode until they come out with a firmware update addressing this (and other limitations).
2018-10-29
Use props
fansfcc89423
lvl.2
United States

Hi everyone who is having the poor radio quality notifications, maybe DJI needs to do some tweaking to the dual auto channel switching within the Mavic 2. I have been doing some testing of my own, and the results that I am getting is when i turn off  my wifi router the problem is fix and I am getting good radio quality. But when i turn back on the wifi router the poor radio quality notification appears back again, and this happens when I am flying the drone from my drive way at the house. Now if I am not at the house or near it I get the good radio quality. So it looks like DJI has some tweaking to do to the dual auto radio channel within the drone. One thing to note though is even when I get the poor radio quality notification, is that it doesn't affect my Mavic zoom ability to fly good distances even when flying from my drive way.
2018-10-29
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Germany

Solution to this problem: Avoid Interferences.

I always fly in airplane mode (on smartphone) and try to avoid any other interferences like wifi or similar and always get a GOOD Radio Channel. If i won't enable airplane mode it switches back to POOR.
2018-10-30
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

rarevfx_official Posted at 2018-10-30 00:46
Solution to this problem: Avoid Interferences.

I always fly in airplane mode (on smartphone) and try to avoid any other interferences like wifi or similar and always get a GOOD Radio Channel. If i won't enable airplane mode it switches back to POOR.

Does not matter if I use AP mode or not.
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules