My new Mavic 2 Pro is stuck on Poor radio channel quality
11931 99 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Errrrik
lvl.1
United States

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue!  The MP2 could be 10 feet from me and it'll say poor signal or just disconnect all together without anything around to  interfere with the signal, although it'll state there is.

And let's talk about how those warnings will ask if I want to do something (like switch to SD card, which I already had although it'll automatically go back to internal) but pressing that warning won't do anything. Clicking on the warning boxes should take you where in the settings its asking you to go.
But that's a side point,

I'm sure DJI is working on some connection issue.... RIGHT DJI GUYS!?!

2018-10-30
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114928 ft
United States

I had to ground my mavic 2 pro because I just don’t want anything to happen until the new firmware fixes this issue so I can fly with not worrying.  I even disconnected the wifi on my iPad and my new iPhone 8 plus.    Waiting on eta for fix.  
2018-10-30
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having same issue with mine. My original MP has better range than MP2. I'll try some of the suggested fixes in this thread, but hope this will be addressed by DJI soon.
2018-11-2
Use props
djiuser_xn2yZHOByYs6
lvl.1

Germany

Have the same problems with my Mavic 2 Zoom. First 2 weeks flying and live feed quality were flawless (newest firmwares on AC and RC) and with the Crystalsky Ultra.

Suddenly in an area where I was flying for 14 days without any problem I get the Poor Radio Quality and Strong Inteference warning. Live video feed when getting it (not every flight but 50% of them) is lagging strongly which annoys me much.

Tried to downgrade AC and RC but doesn't change the situation. ONLY thing that works (thanks to those guys in this thread) is rebooting the devices.

Dji please fix this
2018-11-5
Use props
djiuser_xn2yZHOByYs6
lvl.1

Germany

Have to add that since I've explored it the first time it comes back regularly.
2018-11-5
Use props
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

waxings Posted at 10-1 12:55
Im having the same issue but mine is a replacement that was sent to me by DJI on a repair order. Very Frustrating!

Same. My Mavic2 came with a faulty core board module according to them when I sent it in for repair after 4 flights. I received my replacement one yesterday and it's having this problem as well. Btw my first one also had this problem but I assumed it was due to the same issue. Phone support is a joke as I'm sure you've seen. I'm very frustrated with my DJI experience this time around. I never had a problem with my first Mavic.
2018-11-16
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
United States

CONGRATULATIONS DJI! and THANK YOU!  You fixed the Poor quality and you added precision landing!!!!!  Great Thanksgiving gift!!!!!   
2018-11-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine is too, but i flew over 4 miles one way the other day so I'm not worried about it.  The M2pro is as stabel as the MP and MPP I had.
2018-11-22
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

shredder777 Posted at 11-22 19:14
CONGRATULATIONS DJI! and THANK YOU!  You fixed the Poor quality and you added precision landing!!!!!  Great Thanksgiving gift!!!!!

is poor quality issue has been fixed after the latest FM update ?
2018-11-22
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
United States

bikoo Posted at 11-22 23:43
is poor quality issue has been fixed after the latest FM update ?

yeap!  all fixed .
2018-11-23
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Thanks, i'll try today
2018-11-24
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Hey could you please provide more details on your experience right now? How far have your flown without radio signal issues?

I have been having poor radio connectivity at close distances (600m) which is not resolved by the latest  firmware.

My old MP1 was far better.

Thanks
2018-11-26
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
United States

jpap Posted at 11-26 04:25
Hey could you please provide more details on your experience right now? How far have your flown without radio signal issues?

I have been having poor radio connectivity at close distances (600m) which is not resolved by the latest  firmware.

Everything is back to normal. Good on radio channel quality.      I dont know how to otherwise explain it.   Just make sure you update everything down to your batteries.   I flown past 600m.  here is a video.. I dont know if this will help.  It works perfectly....
2018-11-28
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

reached 1445m from the home point without any issues.
2018-12-5
Use props
fanse9633c73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 472005 ft
  • >>>

Lance Brown Posted at 2018-10-3 18:54
Ditto, poor is all I’ve ever seen.  DJI can add this to their “coming soon” as a fix.

Take it out of dual and set to custom then set to 5.8mgh.
I could not fly 1000ft. in dual
Dom
2019-10-10
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft

Had these issues in 2.4 and 5.8 in UK, fitted the titan switch system and dont have any problems now as I have two 3 watt amplifiers boosting my RC signal, get 5 bars at 5 kilometers distance
2019-10-11
Use props
rocketman_005hotmail.com
New

Puerto Rico

Hello in my case 5.2ghz is the best channel 2.4ghz doesnt work in less than 80ft away it lost all the live video feed transmition. I dont know why.
2020-1-21
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

rocketman_005hotmail.com Posted at 1-21 19:53
Hello in my case 5.2ghz is the best channel 2.4ghz doesnt work in less than 80ft away it lost all the live video feed transmition. I dont know why.

Probably wifi transmission on this frequency in your area, which is common to most countries as wifi routers transmit on the same frequencies that your RC and bird do.
2020-1-22
Use props
Rob_ENG
New
Colombia

Well... her we are, 2021 and I had to read all posts to understand what's going on with my M2Z. I could get the change from poor to good, following some comments, but I don't think is the right choice to fly with my iPad in AP mode. So, can you please DJI explain what's going on with the firmware again?
2021-6-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Rob_ENG Posted at 6-2 14:43
Well... her we are, 2021 and I had to read all posts to understand what's going on with my M2Z. I could get the change from poor to good, following some comments, but I don't think is the right choice to fly with my iPad in AP mode. So, can you please DJI explain what's going on with the firmware again?[view_image]

The DJI technical people do not participate in this forum.
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules