Help deciding drone purchase
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Keverino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95423 ft

*BTW* Hopefully im not in a bad place to post this as im not seeing anywhere else to post this question/discussion to.

Current setup and experience: I have a Mavic Pro and Phantom 3 standard. I have been flying for quiet a while on and off whenever I get good subjects, the time is somewhere around a year or two. I enjoy the portability of the mavic, however that is not a breaking point of my drone choice. The main drones I am currently looking toward would be the Mavic 2 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro. After reading recent reports of the 1 inch sensor in the Mavic being maybe scaled back to keep the phantom lineup relevant im wondering if i should go for the P4P instead.

Goals: I plan to shoot video and photos at the highest quality possible with ND filters and manual settings. These could include commercial jobs and will be posted to things like facebook so the highest quality picture would be best.

Tl/Dr: Would like a hobby drone with the best possible image and video. Phantom 4 pro or mavic 2.

2018-9-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'... and will be posted to things like facebook so the highest quality picture would be best.'

Really, FB will reduce the quality of your video clip to rubbish, why bother shooting any better than you can do with the Mavic?
2018-9-24
Use props
Keverino
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-24 20:24
'... and will be posted to things like facebook so the highest quality picture would be best.'

Really, FB will reduce the quality of your video clip to rubbish, why bother shooting any better than you can do with the Mavic?

It was an example, i will be psoting to social media as well as using it in school with photoshop and lightroom. The highest quality is my main concern.
2018-9-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Keverino Posted at 2018-9-24 20:33
It was an example, i will be psoting to social media as well as using it in school with photoshop and lightroom. The highest quality is my main concern.

I am ex TV & Film, so my concern was the image quality, at the time I bought a P3Pro, and while I would like a P4Pro, I have difficulty justifying it as the P3 provides excellent images as it is. And as 100% of my target audience is on the 'net, and I release everything in well graded 4K, most of the audience would not watch it in 4K anyway.
2018-9-24
Use props
Aussierob78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740476 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've got a P4 Pro and absolutely love the quality of images it makes. I'd chose the P4 Pro over the Mavic 2 Pro based on image quality, and the mechanical shutter is a good bonus. If you wanted to save a few $$, have a look at the Phantom 4 Advanced. Almost the same as the pro, with the same camera
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Keverino, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Kindly click the link below for a better understanding of the two aircrafts. Have a safe flight always.

CONSUMER DRONES COMPARISON
2018-9-25
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a P4P+ and a MPP. I use the MPP all the time because it's compact and I can carry it with me. I doesn't draw the attention the P4P does. When I fly the P4P in a public place, onlookers always walk up and want to talk about it. It's a distraction that always leads to me making sucky video. Or, my wife runs block and then she isn't in any of the video. When I use the MPP it's as if I'm invisible. I haven't had a single person show any interest in it ever. I get much better shots and video. If I had it to do over, I'd swap the P4P out for a new Mavic2.

Jeff
2018-9-25
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

No matter what you use,  the end result will never be as good as what your original shows.
2018-9-25
Use props
Keverino
lvl.1

I have gone for the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0, thanks everyone for your input wether helpful or not.
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules