Drone hunter
1916 21 2018-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Just seen this and thought i would share. A fully automatic drone that patrols a area and if any others get into that space it chases then shoots a net capturing it and hauls it off to a pre aranged area, with no one flying it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mil ... nes-out-sky-n902031

The video is impressive.

2018-9-25
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow!  I had heard of it but now I see it!
2018-9-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OMG! Whatever next!
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

That is truely amazing
2018-9-25
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow so cool
2018-9-25
Use props
nmac
lvl.4

Sorry, I was going to post another the tells of the FBI and others going to congress to pass a bill giving them the right to shoot down drones but messed up on saving the link.

Maybe ones like this will ease future restrictions and rules for the good guys and catch the bad.
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for sharing some informative information here that great! fly safely. Cheers!
2018-9-25
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I guess things like battery specs and other specs are secret. I'd like to know more about it lol
2018-9-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool
2018-9-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it a Matrice 600 mate? That is one serious drone!
2018-9-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

If it's a Matrice 600 it'll have a job catching one of the faster P4 family
2018-9-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Very impressive, to me it very much looks like a Matrice as well. Would be interesting to know more details.
2018-9-25
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks like a Matrice to me too. Be sure Dji will be working with law enforcement and specs not available to general users
2018-9-25
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Like it but at the same time is it not giving people more ideas on how to use a drone badly by advertising the drone killer?  Great idea though!
2018-9-25
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer

Wow thanks for posting
2018-9-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Schmooit Posted at 2018-9-25 12:42
Like it but at the same time is it not giving people more ideas on how to use a drone badly by advertising the drone killer?  Great idea though!

Honestly I do not believe that bad people will ever need any hints for which tools to use. With their criminal energy or ideological disorientation they are usually the first to identify the best tools for their dreadful undertakings.
2018-9-25
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2018-9-25 12:42
Like it but at the same time is it not giving people more ideas on how to use a drone badly by advertising the drone killer?  Great idea though!

Hear in Arizona not to long ago there was some that was flying in drugs and other items into a prison, They only found out from one crashing, also in the link tells of terrorists using them already. Drug smugglers are starting to use for flying drugs across the boarder but the border patrol is now also using drones to patrol and locate them.

drone vs drone  or good vs bad.
2018-9-25
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Saw the other day that the army has the capability to disable drones in the air using microwaves. Supposedly can down swarms of them with the same multi target capability that the fighter jets use today.
2018-9-25
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-25 14:04
Saw the other day that the army has the capability to disable drones in the air using microwaves. Supposedly can down swarms of them with the same multi target capability that the fighter jets use today.

I have read that they have a way of not only downing and jamming the radio transmissions but to hijack  and take control of them and is in use now.
2018-9-25
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-25 12:24
If it's a Matrice 600 it'll have a job catching one of the faster P4 family

It does look like a Matrice but this company I think would mod it greatly.  Who knows the company may be in contact with DJI to help build and modify one. Such as battery life etc. So may be much faster than a p4.
2018-9-25
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the tech to hijack  drone would be good in the right hands, to be fair though any outfit that is using drone illegally for drugs or bombs are likely to now have many of them so it maybe comes down to how many drone hunters are in the proximity of the target  they cost alot more so any cheap old P3 or P4's, and lots of them could still be a threat I guess, I think a direction EMP aimed at the culprit could work . the problem is always going to be the catching it safely as not to harm anyone on the ground,
If maybe there was a way to  block the 2.4ghz frequency the drones operate from at large events then maybe although anything operating on the same frequency would also be affected.

A drone might be easier to fly but a small RC airplane piloted by someone who has practiced enough would be difficult to catch and still very capable or an RC heli for that matter (you just need better piloting skills to fly them they are not out of the box easy)

Now a drone that could get me a beer from the fridge would be and even better idea (and I could justify the purchase to the other half by saying Im saving her time!
2018-9-26
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

nmac Posted at 2018-9-25 10:56
Sorry, I was going to post another the tells of the FBI and others going to congress to pass a bill giving them the right to shoot down drones but messed up on saving the link.

On their head be it!
Gravity, what's gravity?
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules