Bad connection causes crash. Anyone still having same problem?
625 7 2018-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keiser08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 446355 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi. Just wondering if anyone is still having a bad connection problem with their Mavic Air? Ever since I bought my mavic air and updating the firmware the connection has been bad, losing connection all the time and laggy. This was my spare drone so I didn't use it much. After I bought my Mavic 2 I was ready to sell it and was just prepping the drone and making sure everything was working well. I flew my drone first in a park with big open space but lost connection so many times I then flew my drone in an openspace outside our house, drone loses connection and I couldn't do anything. Drone ended up landing in our roof even though I launched away from roof and in an open space. I've owned Phantom 4 and Mavic pro for almost 2 years with very little problem, this is very dissapointing.

DJI just got back at me and said

Case No:CAS-2214673-Y1R3W3
Use Service Type:DJI Care Refresh
Quote Date:09-25-18
Remarks:Dear customer, Your repair case number is CAS-2214673.  The data analysis determined that your product does not qualify for a  warranty/repair or replacement. Conclusion: NO CRASH FOUND, NO  MALFUNCTION FOUND.[INCONCLUSIVE] Please email support@dji.com  if have any question, we're happy to help. Damage that was not caused  by product malfunction, We'll either repair it or replace it with a  product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and  reliability after payment has been received. For more  information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy) The  system found that you have purchased DJI Care Refresh. If you want to  use this service, please click the payment link. We will replace your  product after the payment is complete. The newly released  DJI Care Refresh + provides one more opportunity to replace your drone  and extends the warranty repair service for one-year, offering  comprehensive protection for your flight. For more details:  https://goo.gl/2qaU7P

2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi keiser08, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Upon checking the case log, there is obvious damage on the drone, so data analysis is suggested to check the exact status. However, from the flight records you offered, there is no crash log, could you refer to the below and export the flight records manually? We'll forward to the team for further review, thanks so much!

Android devices: Connect the device to the computer, find the flight records stored in …\DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\, and copy the required flight records to the computer.
iOS devices: Connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, find the flight records in the DJI GO app, and copy the FlightRecord folder to the computer.
2018-9-25
Use props
keiser08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Hi DJI Susan. Thank you for your response. I really appreciate you doing that. I will go ahead and try to send my flight records again. I sent it to them before but they said it wasn't working.
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

keiser08 Posted at 2018-9-25 19:32
Hi DJI Susan. Thank you for your response. I really appreciate you doing that. I will go ahead and try to send my flight records again. I sent it to them before but they said it wasn't working.

Hi keiser08, once you send the email, please provide us the email ticket number, we will forward to the team to analyze again as soon as possible, thank you.
2018-9-26
Use props
keiser08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Thank you DJI Mindy. Here is the ticket number 1380910. I have sent a couple of flight records showing short flights because of multiple disconnection.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

keiser08 Posted at 2018-9-26 02:27
Thank you DJI Mindy. Here is the ticket number 1380910. I have sent a couple of flight records showing short flights because of multiple disconnection.

Received with thanks! The flight records have been forwarded to our engineers for further review, we'll keep you updated on the latest progress.
2018-9-26
Use props
keiser08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Thank you DJI Susan.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You are welcome. We'll keep follow up and update for you. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules