Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
conflicting height information
646 3 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa3480d56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10643 ft
United Kingdom

I have a question for you. I understand that regardless of the height above sea level , currently a drone may be operated up to 400 feet above take off point in the UK.

A helicopter or light aircraft should not, without permission , go below 500 ft.

BUT the Helicopter/aircraft's height is based on a altimeter reading that is based on sea level being zero.

So a plane flying at 500 ft above sea level could be below a drone that has taken off from a 200 foot above sea level hill and is flying at 400 ft. I am I wrong if so how???? sorry no video to link to.

Alistair

2018-9-26
Use props
Mike9129
First Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Height is different to altitude.

Height measures your distance above whatever your flying over
Altitude measures your distance over sea level

light aircraft and helicopters much maintain a 500ft "Height" above ground level.
Much like in ireland, the operational limit for drones is 400ft "height".

its up to the pilots to ensure that theyre above or below their limits.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Kindly send an email to support.nl@dji.com for more of information about this. Have a safe flight always.
2018-9-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The reason DJI drones permit a max flight altitude of 500m is to enable pilots to ascend up an incline such as a hill or mountain from below it but it is your responsibility to ensure that the drone does not exceed 400' AGL.
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules