What is the cost of a Mavic Pro battery repair?
6750 9 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spinball
lvl.2

Hello folks,
your advice much appreciated.
After not flying for a few months, I put my three Mavic Pro batteries in the charging unit overnight.One of the batteries (never crashed) had a second light blinking twice. It's an over current error.
After a while the blinking stopped and the battery has four greens. In the Mavic, the controller shows BATTERY ERR and the Go 4 app shows a battery error - one of the cells has failed.
So I'm wondering if anyone knows what the cost of sending this battery off to DJI for repair is, assuming they can either repair or replace it.
I have to weigh up the value to me of a third battery, when I rarely fly any more and when I do, one battery usually does the job. Two almost always.
The battery is still worth whatever it's worth, though. Also there is the fact that the Mavic Pro 2 makes the Mavic Pro and its batteries instantly worth less. £85 for a new battery on the DJI store.
Anyone have an idea of the typical cost of repair of a battery with a dead cell is?
Thanks in advance.

2018-9-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

How old is your battery? If it's less than 6 months old, it could be covered under warranty.
2018-9-26
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Try this 1, found it in Mavic Pilots Forum.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/battery-error-fix.22759/

or this......

2018-9-26
Use props
Spinball
lvl.2

msinger Posted at 2018-9-26 04:41
How old is your battery? If it's less than 6 months old, it could be covered under warranty.

19 months since I received it.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry to hear you're having a problem with your battery. If the battery is still under warranty, we can definitely replace it. If it's beyond the warranty period, I'm afraid that you will need to purchase a new battery since we can no longer repair it or replace. Should you have further question, please let me know. You may also contact our support for further assistance. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-9-26
Use props
Spinball
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-26 09:14
Hi there. Sorry to hear you're having a problem with your battery. If the battery is still under warranty, we can definitely replace it. If it's beyond the warranty period, I'm afraid that you will need to purchase a new battery since we can no longer repair it or replace. Should you have further question, please let me know. You may also contact our support for further assistance. Thanks for your understanding and support.

So Mavic batteries are no longer repaired?  Interesting.  Thanks
2018-9-26
Use props
djiuser_EyjH3cGHjnJm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18294 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,how much does it cost to get a battery replaced from dji for mavic pro?
2019-6-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Spinball Posted at 2018-9-26 09:43
So Mavic batteries are no longer repaired?  Interesting.  Thanks

I wouldn't fly with a "repaired" battery anyway.  Multi-cell batteries are always best utilized and safer when they use matched cells.  A replaced cell is not going to match the others in the pack.  If it were me, I would try cycling it a few times.  Run it down fairly low and recharge it several times.  If the cell is dead, it could also be unsafe, so be sure you store it in a fireproof location and container.  I certainly wouldn't trust it to ship it somewhere.  The postal service would not appreciate dealing with a battery fire.  Be sure you dispose of it properly and not put it in the trash.
2019-6-23
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I always thought they would replace them under warranty but not repair them...
2019-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_EyjH3cGHjnJm Posted at 6-21 13:00
Hi,how much does it cost to get a battery replaced from dji for mavic pro?

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-intelligent-flight-battery
2019-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules