11503 10 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trystin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 572142 ft
Australia

Hey guys,

I just received my Ronin-S yesterday, set up my Sony a6500 on it and balanced it perfectly, the app confirmed with a balance test and auto adjustment that it was properly balanced.
But, despite setting it up a couple times, it continues to have small shakes and jitters that I can feel through the handle, they seem to almost be at random when panning or moving from side to side (seems to be the tilt motor)

Is this normal? If not, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Trystin, thanks for your support to Ronin-S, did you try the Auto Tune and the joystick calibration? Please make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest version and leave the settings as default to see if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-9-27
Use props
Trystin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 572142 ft
Australia

Hey Mindy,

Yeah, I did all the auto-tune, balance tests, even rolled back the firmware and re-updated it to the latest versions and haven't touched the settings, I was hoping the firmware would fix it but it didn't :/ Is there anything else that I could probably try?

Thanks!
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Trystin Posted at 2018-9-27 22:36
Hey Mindy,

Yeah, I did all the auto-tune, balance tests, even rolled back the firmware and re-updated it to the latest versions and haven't touched the settings, I was hoping the firmware would fix it but it didn't :/ Is there anything else that I could probably try?

You have also tried the joystick calibration right? If the issue persists, any chance to show us a short video for further support? Thank you in advance.
2018-9-27
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same problem here!
With auto tune parameters I not only have vibrations from time to time, there is also no smooth slow panning possible with the gimbal.
Pan speed varies to some degree often and when stopping a pan I often get an overshoot.
Increasing advanced parameters (pan motor strength) helps with this, but vibrations occour more often and sport mode is hardly useable any more because of vibrations.
Reported this several times and also questioned the PT1 algorithm to be real PT1 in the software that I think is the problem.
2018-9-28
Use props
iKell Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue, but I'm wondering if I'm trying to use too long of a lens. I have an 85mm on a crop sensor 70D and it's pretty bad.
What lenses and bodies are you folks using?
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_0oWSMk3QFDSZ
lvl.1
Romania

Hey guys, I'm running the latest firmware and got the calibration all right and everything.
I have my Sony A7R II mounted on it with the Sony/Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 lens which is quite heavy.
I have also noticed some kind of shake/stutter when panning (left or right) and it only seems to happen at a certain angle (about 45 degrees lateral). It's like the motors are either being confused or cannot put up with the weight. The camera has a tiny shake and slightly changes its position even if I hold the lock position button or not. I even tried to hold it exactly in that angle and slightly pan it (a few degrees) and it seems that that is the sweet spot. Still, this is weird because my camera is well below the maximum supported weight. Also the gimbal is 3 days old.
Hope it can be addressed in a future firmware upgrade and I won't have to have the gimbal replaced or anything like that (also hope DJI will recognize this behavior as a bug/by design behavior).
2018-9-30
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_0oWSMk3QFDSZ Posted at 2018-9-30 12:40
Hey guys, I'm running the latest firmware and got the calibration all right and everything.
I have my Sony A7R II mounted on it with the Sony/Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 lens which is quite heavy.
I have also noticed some kind of shake/stutter when panning (left or right) and it only seems to happen at a certain angle (about 45 degrees lateral). It's like the motors are either being confused or cannot put up with the weight. The camera has a tiny shake and slightly changes its position even if I hold the lock position button or not. I even tried to hold it exactly in that angle and slightly pan it (a few degrees) and it seems that that is the sweet spot. Still, this is weird because my camera is well below the maximum supported weight. Also the gimbal is 3 days old.

Do your balance tests in the app check out? Also, try reducing your pan motor stiffness and strength.
2018-9-30
Use props
djiuser_0oWSMk3QFDSZ
lvl.1
Romania

Wisdom Tooth Posted at 2018-9-30 13:07
Do your balance tests in the app check out? Also, try reducing your pan motor stiffness and strength.

Hey there Wisdom Tooth!
Yes, I get 3x  excellent while running the calibration test. I guess it's just the gimbal's dead angle right there because if you pan at that angle towards the left side, the arms hit each other. If you do it to the right, nothing hits nothing, it just gets confused. I guess I can live with it, it's not really gamechanging for me to not pan at 45 degrees, I was just wondering if it is by design..
2018-9-30
Use props
djiuser_0oWSMk3QFDSZ
lvl.1
Romania

I just found out that it has to do with the rotation axis. After re-balancing the thingie a few more times, I managed to only get a micro-stutter out of it. It seems that at the angle, the rotation axis has the most trouble if not balanced perfectly. Still, this must be by-design...
2018-10-5
Use props
DEVTANK
lvl.1

United States

Same here, im a total n00b though so, I'm still working out other kinks.
See? I even posted this in the wrong forum doh!
2021-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules