Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Black screen during my flights
836 5 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giusy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35075 ft
Italy

Hello,

Could you help me, please?
I had some trouble with my Spark 4 days ago.
I was at the beach, the Gps/Signal was perfect but, suddenly, when I was flying, a black screen appeared and I got this message: "disconnected".  
I was able to pilote the Spark using my controller, but the image displayed on my iPhone was black.
It happened 2 times during my flights. Tried to change location but I had the same issue.
I always use an otg cable. My mobile phone is an iPhone X.

It's very dangerous and I don't know if it's a Spark's issue.

Sometimes I get this message too: Air Encoder Error (0x800000) ----> What does that mean?
Restart Aircraft. Contact Dji Support if it persists after restart.

When I try to restart my Spark, the message disappears.

(See attachments, please)

What can I do?
Do I need to worry about these messages?

Thank you

air encoder.jpg disconnected.png Schermata 2018-09-26 alle 14.06.28.png Schermata 2018-09-26 alle 14.12.03.png

2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know if  the drone experience crash before? What is the current firmware and IOS version you are using?
2018-9-26
Use props
Carmenvail
First Officer
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

this happens with my iPhone X and a mtg cable as well. I have switched back to wifi because of it.
2018-9-26
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Lots of things can cause the video to drop out.  Signal interference is the most common reason.  Antennas on the remote blocked, home wifi routers, radio towers, blue tooth devices, radio control toys, etc, all can jam up the Spark's radio channel.  If the encoder is causing the loss of video, I would try reinstalling the firmware.

I think if the Spark is barely holding onto the link with the remote controller, the video will be lost first then the radio control of the drone.  It isn't dangerous and is the way RC aircraft have flown for decades.  Always keep the drone within visual eyesight so you can fly it back to yourself and avoid other airborne traffic the way RC model hobbyists do.
2018-9-26
Use props
Giusy
lvl.1
Italy

Never crashed. It is perfect!
BA01CAFF-5AE4-40DB-A7D6-1A3386FE9A53.png
2018-9-26
Use props
Giusy
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-26 06:16
Our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know if  the drone experience crash before? What is the current firmware and IOS version you are using?

Never crashed. It is perfect.
I run ios 12.
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules