Mapbox issues
3092 5 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6d997570
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42457 ft
United States

I haven't flown my Phantom in a few weeks and I knew I would have to do some updating before I flew. I am using an android device and at first the map was nothing but a black screen, I uninstalled the DJI Go 4 app and reinstalled it and I now have something that closely resembles a map called Mapbox. Zooming in and out takes forever for the map to refresh and switching views sometimes leaves me with a black box and no map. I am connected via Wi Fi and have a good internet connection. I tried to cache the map from the main menu of DJI Go 4 and it took forever for the map image to load and it didn't load the entire image. I tried to download a few times and I keep getting a "Network Unavailable" error but I tested my network connectivity and everything is working fine. When I can see the map it is not updated. It shows my house in the middle of a field and there have been houses in this area for a couple years. If I try to use the sattelite view, the screen goes black with the exception of my aircraft and home point....sometimes, usually it is just a black screen, maybe the satellite was taking pictures at night? SMH. Without the map working, it is almost impossible to fly my Phantom by camera alone...

I have seen a bunch of complaints about losing Google maps to som map called Here but now they have Mapbox and I can't get it to work correctly so I am dead in the water.

What is the fix?

Phantom 4
DJI Go 4 version 4.3.0
Aircraft 02.00.0700

2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current OS? Please try to choose the standard view, connect with another working WiFi to see whether it helps. If still not, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks in advance!
2018-9-26
Use props
fans6d997570
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42457 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-26 19:31
Hi there, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current OS? Please try to choose the standard view, connect with another working WiFi to see whether it helps. If still not, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks in advance!

I am using an Nvidia Shield K1using Android ver. 7.0.
Since I posted this problem, I have uninstalled DJI Go 4 and reinstalled it a couple times, and then updated the AC for Fly-Safe, the map seems to be working now. If I have any further problems, I will post them.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans6d997570 Posted at 2018-9-27 08:18
I am using an Nvidia Shield K1using Android ver. 7.0.
Since I posted this problem, I have uninstalled DJI Go 4 and reinstalled it a couple times, and then updated the AC for Fly-Safe, the map seems to be working now. If I have any further problems, I will post them.

That's OK. Feel free to contact us if there is anything else we can help.
2018-9-28
Use props
TomZ5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3579 ft

IM using the p4p+.  Built in screen.  How do I fix this problem.  It was working perfectly for a long long time.  Why did you fix something that was not broken?  Now it is broken.  Umm.
2018-10-5
Use props
PunaPhantom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1680374 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm getting really tired of this also... I use an expensive Crystal Sky Ultra and get no respect from DJI... frustrating to the max... Litchi maps work fine but when I tried to load Google Maps via the google store etc... they would work very intermittently and then crash mid mission and then the google play service quit message popping every 5 minutes... eventually uninstalled google et al and went back to their map engine which sucks and is not as accurate on gps datum...

But now to Go4... cant get maps to each at all ... yeah I can download... and have done so and Go4 even shows me them but when I go to fly in those areas the map is blank... you should not have to be connected to the www for maps to work - this is just plain asinine...

Likewise as I have read elsewhere... if you don't turn the tablet off the cached maps will work... surely that is not the answer... after all cached maps mean just that, that they have been downloaded onto your tablet... and should not be in volatile memory, but hard written...
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules