Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys,
As you guys may know, I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro when it first was released and have been flying it since.  There is another thread here (https://forum.dji.com/thread-166317-1-1.html) where I discuss my first 2 weeks with it.

I was recently lucky enough to be given an opportunity to test out the Mavic 2 Zoom for a short time.  Below is a video with my thoughts on my first impressions after the first day of flying it.  The weather has been terrible here and I only have it for a short amount of time, so don't expect fantastic visuals...  

It's not perfect, but it is a great drone with a great camera that gives you the ability to get a different perspective.

Let me know what you think!

2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

So between the zoom and the Pro which would you recomend for an overall hobby dronist,
2018-9-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good question there by Suren - which would you chose KG?
2018-9-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-9-26 10:59
So between the zoom and the Pro which would you recomend for an overall hobby dronist,

I know that is the question everybody wants answered, but quite honestly, I don't feel like I'm qualified to answer that yet.  I only have a handful of flights with the Zoom on a cloudy, nasty day and haven't been able to put it into the same situations as I've done with the M2P.  

I'm not trying to be difficult or anything, I just like to get to know something a bit more intimately before giving recommendations.  Spending well over a thousand USD is a lot of money and not something I take lightly...

In the end, I think the answer is going to be a bit more nuanced than just a simple "you should buy X instead of Y".

When I get more time logged with the Zoom, I'll come back with more specific answer...
2018-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great review, Zoom is a great camera drone, I believe anyone who buys it will be very happy.
2018-9-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Very well done, thank you!
2018-9-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-26 12:26
Great review, Zoom is a great camera drone, I believe anyone who buys it will be very happy.

I think you are probably right.  
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, Thank you for sharing some review video about the product. We appreciate your thoughts and concerns about our new product. Fly safely. Cheers!
2018-9-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-26 15:47
Hi there, Thank you for sharing some review video about the product. We appreciate your thoughts and concerns about our new product. Fly safely. Cheers!

Thanks Stephen!  I appreciate DJI listening to all of our feedback here in this forum!
2018-9-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-26 11:32
I know that is the question everybody wants answered, but quite honestly, I don't feel like I'm qualified to answer that yet.  I only have a handful of flights with the Zoom on a cloudy, nasty day and haven't been able to put it into the same situations as I've done with the M2P.  

I'm not trying to be difficult or anything, I just like to get to know something a bit more intimately before giving recommendations.  Spending well over a thousand USD is a lot of money and not something I take lightly...

Fair comment KG. Look forward to more of your footage - it's always good to have options.
2018-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I know that is the question everybody wants answered, but quite honestly, I don't feel like I'm qualified to answer that yet.  I only have a handful of flights with the Zoom on a cloudy, nasty day and haven't been able to put it into the same situations as I've done with the M2P.  

Thanks I ordered the M2P  already but looking at the zoom functions on here abit and also reading about some of the issues with the hasselbad camera regretting that purchase now
2018-9-27
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Thank you for your first impressions with the Mavic Zoom.
I know those pilots on the fence about reach drone to get are looking forward to hearing more from you in the near future.
2018-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice!
2018-9-27
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-9-27 10:10
Thanks I ordered the M2P  already but looking at the zoom functions on here abit and also reading about some of the issues with the hasselbad camera regretting that purchase now

I personally love my M2P and think most of the talking heads are playing up the drama a bit too much.
2018-9-27
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-27 10:57
Thank you for your first impressions with the Mavic Zoom.
I know those pilots on the fence about reach drone to get are looking forward to hearing more from you in the near future.

Thanks, I just wish this dang weather would cooperate!  Why is it that drone dealers time almost always comes with bad weather?
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi~ Could you have a check of your email? Thanks!
2018-10-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the video!
Both have their appeal
2018-10-26
Use props
Advanced