Hoping to hear from fellow 1DX mk II owners using the Ronin-s
2647 2 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7c91fd5b
lvl.3
United States

Hello all,

I have seen several users on the forum who are able to use the 1DX mark II successfully with the Ronin-S. However I have not been able to get any camera control functions working, and I am wondering if there are any 1DX II users who are also having this problem. I am using the MCC-B cable micro USB supplied by DJI, plugged into the lower section of the 1DX II's USB port. I have the iPhone app set for Canon. The red led on the focus knob of the Ronin-S flashes on and off whether or not the cable is connected. I've called DJI tech support and they claim that the 1DX II is not supported at this time so they are not offering any assistance. When I point out that many people on the forum seem to be having success with the 1DX II they say, "Well, you are free to try." Is there something I am missing about a necessary setting on the 1DX II to enable control? Would greatly appreciate any troubleshooting advice, as I am at a dead end and really need to get this working.

Thanks so much!

James
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi James, per the compatible list, Canon 1DX MK II can be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, we are working on bringing more features to more camera models.
RSS-IR cable can be used with Canon 1DX MK II. With the RSS-IR cable, please point the infrared light to the camera's receiver vertically, the distance should be 1-3cm, you can use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal.
Please try to switch to Self-timer mode.
Then select the Canon camera in Create--Camera Control in the APP.

GTScreenshot_20180928_152736.png

2018-9-27
Use props
Kaptain Katsu
lvl.2
United States

I get mine to work. Also try shutting off both the gimbal and the camera, turn on the gimbal then finally turning on the camera. I don’t use the focus wheel since I’m using a mounting plate to hold my monitor. I never found the focus wheel useful since the focus wasn’t smooth (was in small steps) and whenever I used the focus wheel, it would stop auto focusing.
2018-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules