How much RAM?
4789 13 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2010705 ft

How much RAM is required to run the DJIGo4 app? Anyone with P4P v2 with a phone that runs smoothly, which device are you using and how much RAM does it contain? Thank you.
2018-9-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having lots of RAM doesn't necessarily mean a mobile device is going to be able to run DJI GO well. You can find a list of recommended and commonly used phones and tablets here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

If you're looking to buy a new mobile device, it would be a good idea to get something that is known to work well.
2018-9-26
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Lots of people have tried many different devices that arent on the list but its kinda like playing lotto.
Your best bet is to go with a device thats on the list msinger gave you.
2018-9-26
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2010705 ft

I'm using an S4 and everything works fine...sometimes. Other times it's as if the phone just isn't fast enough to keep up with the image processing. However, I see that the S4 has just as much RAM as most of the devices on the list. This app definitely needs better compatibility. Thank you.
2018-9-26
Use props
Just_nick
lvl.4
United States

1. The DJI Go app is a heaping piece of trash. It is poorly-designed, such that even the most powerful devices on the market sometimes still have issues. Ever seen an iPhone X or S9 lag on programs? Not normally, but they certainly will with Go4!
2. RAM doesn't mean much, either. Some devices are better at memory allocation and can actually run faster and more effectively with less RAM.
2018-9-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Just_nick Posted at 2018-9-26 17:07
1. The DJI Go app is a heaping piece of trash. It is poorly-designed, such that even the most powerful devices on the market sometimes still have issues. Ever seen an iPhone X or S9 lag on programs? Not normally, but they certainly will with Go4!
2. RAM doesn't mean much, either. Some devices are better at memory allocation and can actually run faster and more effectively with less RAM.

The DJI Go Apps are not trash, just as you are probably not an idiot for saying so. They may now have too many features to adequately handle with ordinary phones or tablets, but they also have far more features than any other drone control program in existence.

Video lag is a feature of any system that processes MPEG streams, but in most cases, you don't have anything to compare them to, such as you TV screen. Try running two TVs on digital services at the same time and you can easily find one is up to 2 or 3 seconds behind the other.
2018-9-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just_nick Posted at 2018-9-26 17:07
1. The DJI Go app is a heaping piece of trash. It is poorly-designed, such that even the most powerful devices on the market sometimes still have issues. Ever seen an iPhone X or S9 lag on programs? Not normally, but they certainly will with Go4!

1. The DJI Go app is a heaping piece of trash. It is poorly-designed, such that even the most powerful devices on the market sometimes still have issues.

It's just a very demanding program that needs a fast processor and enough RAM.
On a good device, it runs perfectly without a glitch.
2018-9-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It used to be a minimum of 2gb and a quad core, but now i feel its prob an Octa core and 3gb, Nvidia Shield K1 a side, removing/disabling many of the default programs on the device could help too, afterall, its highly unlikey you use them any way

Are you on about your device being the Tab S4 or the Galaxy S4, if its the latter then that 2gb of ram will be really struggling, at the times when you notice this, i bet theres something running in the background thats making it slow down.
2018-9-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

DJI Go 4 latest version V4.3.3 runs perfectly well on my iPhone 6s plus (2015) and my iPad pro 9.7 (2016) both of which have 2GB RAM.

So it's purely down to programming and how well things are optimised for operating system and hardware.
2018-9-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Both the GO app and GO 4 app run smoothly on my iPhone 7 plus and iPad Mini 4. The iPad has an A8 chip so I turn off the video cache which removed any glitches and the iPhone has an A10 fusion chip - never had an issue with or without the video cache on that. The apps use around 5-7gb's which is nothing as long as you have enough storage for back up's and saved footage on the device within the app though the storage will not impact on the image quality of the live feed.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. For more information, kindly check out the list of fully supported phones/tablet below. Have a safe flight always.

2018-9-27
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would be great if we just had dedicated apps for each drone then we could cut out some of the bloatware in the app, so it may work even better with MORE devices - BTW the app works superbly well on the HauweiM3 tablet to add to the list above...I use the without fault...
2018-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

My advice is don’t cheap out, on your flight kit device...

RedHotPoker

2018-11-10
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

a good 4 core with 4 ram better octa / 4 ram
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced