Out of Control
1130 12 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
56 Ford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 231604 ft
United States

Today I was flying my Mavic 2 Zoom and was going to take some pictures for a friend. Use the DJI4 jGo App I took off and accented to 60 feet where the Mavic decided to have a mind of its own too off across in front of me and started a big circle at break neck speeds as if it were in Sport mode. I quickly pressed the RTH button the controller as the Mavic when out of my sight. Thankfully RTH brought it back. I definitely was in P mode. Has anyone else encountered this? It happened so quickly and so fast my quick reponse was to hit the RTH button. Scary! As it was flying away I did get high wind warning on the  DJI4 Go App, but the wind was very light so I don't think that was an issue. Any wisdom on the subject would be appreciated.

2018-9-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like you need to get use to the drone - it has some advanced features that perhaps takes getting used to.
2018-9-26
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-26 18:51
It sounds like you need to get use to the drone - it has some advanced features that perhaps takes getting used to.

David you certainty have that right! It is amazing how advanced  these drone have become. Not sure what caused my issue today. I am one those old heads that didn't grow up with computers and video games. Yes, I have much to learn. That is why I appreciate these forums so much
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello 56 Ford, just to verify, is there any error message when this appears? Did you enable the recording at that time? If not, please kindly export the flight records and corresponding fight data in the aircraft, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!

Flight records:
Android devices, connect the device to the computer, find the flight records stored in …\DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\, and copy the required flight records to the computer.
iOS devices, connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, find the flight records in the DJI GO app, and copy the FlightRecord folder to the computer.

Flight data: Please download the DJI Assistant 2 on the designated product page, connect with DJI Assistant 2, choose the correct date and export the data.
Flight data.png
2018-9-27
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

From your description it sounds like the drone entered ATTI mode..... But please provide the flight record log here for better understanding wht happened
2018-9-27
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-27 00:47
Hello 56 Ford, just to verify, is there any error message when this appears? Did you enable the recording at that time? If not, please kindly export the flight records and corresponding fight data in the aircraft, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!

Flight records:

Dji Susan, I found the flight records on my Samsung 7 Edge. I think I choose the right one. I copied it to a a file on my desktop opened DJI Assistant 2, but I can not figure out how to go from there.  I find no place on the DJI Assistant 2 page display like the one shown on your reply.  Can you please help me from there?

Thank you
2018-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Sounds similar to what my Mavic Pro did when it picked up compass issues with to much metal around it
2018-9-27
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-27 00:58
From your description it sounds like the drone entered ATTI mode..... But please provide the flight record log here for better understanding wht happened

I would be glad to forward the flight record if I could figure out the the 1,2,3's of how to do it.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

56 Ford Posted at 2018-9-27 05:21
Dji Susan, I found the flight records on my Samsung 7 Edge. I think I choose the right one. I copied it to a a file on my desktop opened DJI Assistant 2, but I can not figure out how to go from there.  I find no place on the DJI Assistant 2 page display like the one shown on your reply.  Can you please help me from there?

Thank you

May I know which page are you stuck with? For Mavic 2 series, it is recommended to download the corresponding DJI Assistant 2 from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads you may check whether it is this case.
2018-9-28
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

Susan, thank you for your replay. I think I figured it out and down loaded it per the DJI Assistant 2. I have not heard back from DJI yet.
2018-10-2
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

That happens with a compass error, but you should have gotten a warning.
2018-10-6
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

WRHershey Posted at 2018-10-6 23:48
That happens with a compass error, but you should have gotten a warning.

Not before takeoff if launching from concrete with rebar or near a building containing iron/steel.
The warning may come later, maybe the OP could post flight logs.
Plenty of people here know how to analyse  the logs
2018-10-7
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

Boffin Posted at 2018-10-7 02:16
Not before takeoff if launching from concrete with rebar or near a building containing iron/steel.
The warning may come later, maybe the OP could post flight logs.
Plenty of people here know how to analyse  the logs

Thank you for the reply. My take off point was out in desert away from far any metal structures. I did figure out how to download the log info requested and submitted it, but have not heard back. The good news it has not done it again
2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules