Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Official Answer to Line Skipping Pixel binning
4310 25 2018-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1D248603-A452-4C09-BFA5-7637DC13C2FA.jpeg Dji’s official response to pixel binning and line skipping
03A0F583-4975-49D0-A60E-895625523C13.jpeg
2018-9-27
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

I’m sorry, but I don’t think this is an official response. This was posted to a third parties website, rather than either this forum or in an official press release.
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-9-27 02:25
I’m sorry, but I don’t think this is an official response. This was posted to a third parties website, rather than either this forum or in an official press release.

Ok so this is not true.

2018-9-27
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

So I'll stick with HQ mode until further notice.
2018-9-27
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-27 02:45
Ok so this is not true.

https://youtu.be/PKRHCoRmgwM

I did see this video, but feel that Bill is just trying to get views (IMHO)
2018-9-27
Use props
Barry Goyette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-27 02:45
Ok so this is not true.

https://youtu.be/PKRHCoRmgwM

This was posted by dji support (blade strike), and was the verbatim response he got from engineering when he forwarded the lineskipping/binning question to them. It’s official. As there’s no “defect” here, (and honestly this whole thing is just internet rabble rousing). It the most official response your going to get. (I know you were expecting a cut-in on today’s senate hearings... but I don’t think that’s going to happen.)
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-9-27 05:38
This was posted by dji support (blade strike), and was the verbatim response he got from engineering when he forwarded the lineskipping/binning question to them. It’s official. As there’s no “defect” here, (and honestly this whole thing is just internet rabble rousing). It the most official response your going to get. (I know you were expecting a cut-in on today’s senate hearings... but I don’t think that’s going to happen.)

I know it’s true, but there is something going on in the photography world these days, we have photographers using this equipment to take great videos and photos, photographers using this equipment complaining no end how they have dud equipment, YT photographers doing everything to create hysteria, because they think they will get more clicks, instead of clicking more photos, it’s starting to look like the lunatics are running the asylum. (;+):::::::

All photography is subjective , what’s one mans meat is another mans poison.
2018-9-27
Use props
dunfr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779413 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-27 06:22
I know it’s true, but there is something going on in the photography world these days, we have photographers using this equipment to take great videos and photos, photographers using this equipment complaining no end how they have dud equipment, YT photographers doing everything to create hysteria, because they think they will get more clicks, instead of clicking more photos, it’s starting to look like the lunatics are running the asylum. (;+):::::::

All photography is subjective , what’s one mans meat is another mans poison.

I think there are more people getting good results - I am very happy with my photos (main use). However, it would not make a very interesting YT video - bloke gets good results from his M2P
2018-9-27
Use props
MagicRide
First Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I think if this is a real DJI response then it makes my decision as to which drone to buy an easy one.
2018-9-27
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mods please close this or remove it it is a fake title and fake news
It's true
#trump
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nivong Posted at 2018-9-27 10:39
Mods please close this or remove it it is a fake title and fake news
It's true
#trump

How do you know it’s fake, it was also issued by dji Bladestrike, so maybe you can enlighten us.
2018-9-27
Use props
dhytxz
Flight distance : 14728 ft

HQ mode has really bad shadow noise starting from iso1600, which makes the footage useless. Even at iso800, shadow noise is quite noticeable. I used to have P4A and I compared with my previous footage. Besides the soft footage, the shadow noise is significant, which makes me very disappointed.
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dhytxz Posted at 2018-9-27 11:23
HQ mode has really bad shadow noise starting from iso1600, which makes the footage useless. Even at iso800, shadow noise is quite noticeable. I used to have P4A and I compared with my previous footage. Besides the soft footage, the shadow noise is significant, which makes me very disappointed.

I have A P4Pro and at iso 1600 I can tell you it’s quite noisy, have a look at this video, it comes from a professional film maker, who isn’t having all the difficulties, and this guy would be the first to spell it out if there was a problem.

2018-9-27
Use props
Anthony566
First Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

This is quite frustrating for me atm as I'm not able to respond positively or negatively as I decided not to be part of the early adopters this time round, I'm sure DJI will tweek this drone over the coming months so by the time I pass on my Mavic Pro you lot will have ironed out the bugs.

Keep up the good work as I am looking forward to buying a M2P
2018-9-27
Use props
castormalin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

This post from Bladestrike in RC groups has already been posted & discussed many  times here....
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

la paciencia es una virtud
2018-9-27
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-27 10:42
How do you know it’s fake, it was also issued by dji Bladestrike, so maybe you can enlighten us.

An official statment will mean that DJI offers a press release that is stated on there own website. This is a forum post that has been posted on rc forums. Which can not be verievied by anyone that that guy really works at DJI and therefor it is not official.
2018-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nivong Posted at 2018-9-28 13:06
An official statment will mean that DJI offers a press release that is stated on there own website. This is a forum post that has been posted on rc forums. Which can not be verievied by anyone that that guy really works at DJI and therefor it is not official.

And your ridiculous. (And that guy works for dji so it’s not official) so your looking for a guy who doesn’t work for dji ?
2018-9-28
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-28
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-28 17:01
And your ridiculous. (And that guy works for dji so it’s not official) so your looking for a guy who doesn’t work for dji ?

You're not making any sense.... I'm sorry I do not know what you meant. Anyway if you believe it's official be my guest. But it's not and that is not my opinion it's a fact.
2018-9-28
Use props
Barry Goyette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

nivong Posted at 2018-9-28 23:19
You're not making any sense.... I'm sorry I do not know what you meant. Anyway if you believe it's official be my guest. But it's not and that is not my opinion it's a fact.

Ken (Blade Strike) spearheads DJI's online support on RCGroups, Facebook and other sites. If you spent 10 minutes searching, you'd find out that, yes, he works for DJI, and B) that he's one of the best, direct conduits to the engineering team at DJI. He's been incredibly helpful to an uncountable number of users on various forums, often with direct help facilitating repair and other support requests. If I ever have issues with new firmware or a new craft, I report it directly to Ken, as he's the person you report that stuff too so it gets to the right people. Any DJI aircraft you've ever owned, he's tested for months before you've ever even heard of it.
As for DJI posting something on their website....what would they post?  Perhaps this. "Some idiot started a rumor that some users insisted on believing, despite significant evidence to the contrary, and we feel it's necessary to clear things up. That the idiot is wrong."

If, on the other hand, DJI had claimed something in their marketing, that the idiot inadvertently exposed to be fraudulent, or incorrect, you might have seen a "statement" from them. But then, that's not what happened, is it?
2018-9-29
Use props
PatrickM923
lvl.3

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-9-29 17:43
Why don’t you talk to yourself with your other account under the name “HighKing”.  You know, your other account you frequently log into and have used to converse with this account of yours?

This is so funny.   I like this response.   
2018-9-30
Use props
nivong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-9-29 14:41
Ken (Blade Strike) spearheads DJI's online support on RCGroups, Facebook and other sites. If you spent 10 minutes searching, you'd find out that, yes, he works for DJI, and B) that he's one of the best, direct conduits to the engineering team at DJI. He's been incredibly helpful to an uncountable number of users on various forums, often with direct help facilitating repair and other support requests. If I ever have issues with new firmware or a new craft, I report it directly to Ken, as he's the person you report that stuff too so it gets to the right people. Any DJI aircraft you've ever owned, he's tested for months before you've ever even heard of it.
As for DJI posting something on their website....what would they post?  Perhaps this. "Some idiot started a rumor that some users insisted on believing, despite significant evidence to the contrary, and we feel it's necessary to clear things up. That the idiot is wrong."

Good points. Makes sense although DJI is replying to every topic exept this one that is odd.
2018-10-2
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

I cant see why you'd ever want to shoot a small sensor like this at iso1600 or even 800.  Even proper spec DSLRs are going to show obvious noise there.

You're good to 200, 400 is acceptable.  Which is a huge improvement over the mavic 1 !

The engineers response makes perfect sense.  Even Canon and Nikon cant get a full size large sensor to downsample to 4k without massive overheating issues hence their crop factor 4k video (which is why HQ does on the mavic 2).
2018-10-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

gnirtS Posted at 2018-10-3 02:31
I cant see why you'd ever want to shoot a small sensor like this at iso1600 or even 800.  Even proper spec DSLRs are going to show obvious noise there.

You're good to 200, 400 is acceptable.  Which is a huge improvement over the mavic 1 !

I think with most photographers, using high ISO is to try to get the shot in low light situations, so having to raise the ISO photographers are well aware that there will be noise, so the dilemma will always be, do I not get the shot or do I get the shot, remembering improvements can always be made in post.

These drones we fly , while footage can be captured at low light nighttime it’s very restricted, and these drones the ones with 1” sensor good light is really where they preform best.
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules