Performance on DJI Go 4 4.3.0 ANDROID
2086 26 2018-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Since firmware 0.500 is coming out soon which requires DJI Go to be on the latest update and after I've read from some people that they have issues on Android with the latest App release, I want to see how many people really have problems.

Please do only vote if you are on the latest update and have an ANDROID phone. Also, if you have issues, please write what issues you have and what phone you are using. Thanks.

Single SelectVote, Total 31 people participate in voting View Poll participants
67.74% (21)
12.90% (4)
19.35% (6)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-9-27
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Better than the previous version, less lag, but still there at times, video still freezes at times, but also much improved from previous version. Overall, better, but still a huge resource hog.
Would love to see it moving a bit "faster", without using so much ram.
Problem:  I have to manually select the Mavic Air each time, as it will default back to the Mavic Pro 2 continuously. Anyone with the same problem?
2018-9-27
Use props
BushieBruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40758 ft
Australia

Works perfectly. Zero problems
2018-9-27
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought already 4.32 .....no issue
2018-9-27
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I am using 4.3.0 on my S7 (with 400 on MA) and flight range was terrible (maximum 700 meters before disconnection completely) compare with 4.2.16 (with 300 on MA can reach about 1.2 km) at the same location, same condition: clear, bright sky. I had tried turn on/off distance limit or set value but the same, pixellation transmission. Other than that, everything were fine. I used to factory reset, refresh firmware and recalibrate everything using Assisstant 2
2018-9-27
Use props
saviour
lvl.4

Thanks for your input.

@Optimus_Prime: 700m doesn't seem to be bad though, it might be compared to before but it's out of sight anyway so it shouldn't matter too much.
2018-9-27
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

Man, what is this out of sight anyway. If I use a good pair of binoculars, I can easilly fly 1.2 or more kms with the drone in sight......700m is for toy drones.
2018-9-27
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Germany

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-27 10:50
Man, what is this out of sight anyway. If I use a good pair of binoculars, I can easilly fly 1.2 or more kms with the drone in sight......700m is for toy drones.

I live in Germany and the law clearly says that you have to be able to see the drone without any helping devices e.g. binoculars.
But as the poll indicates, not many people have problems. I think I will update to the newest version as soon as the new firmware is there, just because of curiosity and I want to have the latest update even though everything is working. I hope I won't regret it. But the new function to adjust the exposure by pression the function button and sliding the gimbal wheel is something I've been waiting for for so long.
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

saviour Posted at 2018-9-27 21:29
I live in Germany and the law clearly says that you have to be able to see the drone without any helping devices e.g. binoculars.
But as the poll indicates, not many people have problems. I think I will update to the newest version as soon as the new firmware is there, just because of curiosity and I want to have the latest update even though everything is working. I hope I won't regret it. But the new function to adjust the exposure by pression the function button and sliding the gimbal wheel is something I've been waiting for for so long.

Hey Saviour, although your poll is for Android, maybe if you make results public we all can see how it’s going, particularly those who use CS.
Thank you.
2018-9-27
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-27 23:10
Hey Saviour, although your poll is for Android, maybe if you make results public we all can see how it’s going, particularly those who use CS.
Thank you.

Aren't the votes public? I checked the box to make the result visible after voting. Or did I miss something? Didn't make a poll before.
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

saviour Posted at 2018-9-27 23:22
Aren't the votes public? I checked the box to make the result visible after voting. Or did I miss something? Didn't make a poll before.

I think you need to uncheck visible results after voting and check other box beside it display users choice.
2018-9-27
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-27 23:32
I think you need to uncheck visible results after voting and check other box beside it display users choice.

Ok I unchecked the first box, the second one was checked before.
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

saviour Posted at 2018-9-27 23:37
Ok I unchecked the first box, the second one was checked before.

Good job......
2018-9-27
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Germany

Sarcasm or does it work now?
2018-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

saviour Posted at 2018-9-28 00:10
Sarcasm or does it work now?

Good job it’s working fine,
2018-9-28
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

saviour Posted at 2018-9-27 21:29

We have the same rules here, was joking about the binoculars.
I battle to get my MA out more than 500 meters, so don,t think I am even able to go out of sight, even if I wanted to.
2018-9-28
Use props
djiuser_hDfCiGFqSaCI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40791 ft
Netherlands

The DJI Go app crashes eachtime after I download a sphere panorama from the drone via the app on a Moto G5s Plus connected with the remote....any solutions?
2018-10-1
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4298 ft

United States

TBD, I am on the new FW  .200 and .500 and have the 8.0 Android. I haven't flown outside since upgrading the FW the other day I will report as soon as I do.
2018-10-2
Use props
larryc43230
lvl.4
Flight distance : 664534 ft

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-28 00:44
We have the same rules here, was joking about the binoculars.
I battle to get my MA out more than 500 meters, so don,t think I am even able to go out of sight, even if I wanted to.

Out of curiosity, what prevents you from getting your MA out more than 500 meters? The reason I'm asking, ever since the latest firmware update, every time I fly my MA more than about 1,000 feet out, the signal is lost and the drone does an emergency RTH. I'm wondering whether other users are experiencing the same thing.

Larry
2018-10-2
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

larryc43230 Posted at 2018-10-2 05:13
Out of curiosity, what prevents you from getting your MA out more than 500 meters? The reason I'm asking, ever since the latest firmware update, every time I fly my MA more than about 1,000 feet out, the signal is lost and the drone does an emergency RTH. I'm wondering whether other users are experiencing the same thing.

Larry

Hi Larry
With firmware 0.300, I managed to get around 1.2kms  when pushing it, in Namibia (open spaces, no interference)  
With 0.400, all sorts of things went wrong, could only get around 500 meters away, before rc disconnections, unstable drone, RTH on every second flight out of the blue, after signal loss etc etc. List goes on and on. Many people on this forum said it is and was not, and will never be Firmware related, but to each his own.
With 0.500, back to flying further, 1200 meters over the weekend, before video lag (NOT  RC disconnection with auto RTH ) kicked in.

So, to me at least, the latest firmware is a improvement. No RC disconnection so far, Video freeze or lag only at around 1km, which is a HUGE improvement. Only RTH once, in 6 batteries, which is a 99% improvement over the previous firmware.

That said, my Air is stable, flying better etc, but having a gimbal re centre problem at the moment.....
2018-10-2
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
South Africa

larryc43230 Posted at 2018-10-2 05:13

Larry

Maybe roll back the firmware, see if it helps.
I will do the whole re calibration thing tonight, reset factory defaults etc etc, to see if it fix the gimbal issue.
Hope you can get it sorted. I know how you feel, was going through the same thing for 4 months, until this update.
Strongs.
2018-10-2
Use props
larryc43230
lvl.4
Flight distance : 664534 ft

Charissa Posted at 2018-10-2 05:27
Maybe roll back the firmware, see if it helps.
I will do the whole re calibration thing tonight, reset factory defaults etc etc, to see if it fix the gimbal issue.
Hope you can get it sorted. I know how you feel, was going through the same thing for 4 months, until this update.
Please ignore, I just read your post responding to my question.

Larry
2018-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hi all here being curious... for people here having issues such as me and larry, i suggest rolling back to .400 on the aircraft  and .100 on RC then re upgrading to .500 and .200 then doing a consecutive refresh right away.   kind of annoying proccess but i think some of the modules are not properly updating first time around, and just straight up refreshing isnt clearing it up, for me it didnt.

i no longer getting controller complaining at first boot (beeping as if there is an issue).

my range is back ti where i expect it.

i am stll getting alerts of strong interference, but seems to not effect it as much.

less video lag than ever with mavic air.

2018-10-2
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

No issue. ENjoy new .0500 firmware and camera control with rc
2018-10-2
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4298 ft

United States

Ok I just had a short 6 min. flight to see how the new FW is working with my MA and Android. Other than right after take when it said I reached max altitude and I was in a GEO zone everything was ok. I looked at my flight record and it shows no GPS, so I guess I have to recal for that.
2018-10-2
Use props
run2jeepn
lvl.2

United States

Samsung Note 8 Zero Problems
2019-4-27
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

saviour Posted at 2018-9-27 08:46
Thanks for your input.

@Optimus_Prime: 700m doesn't seem to be bad though, it might be compared to before but it's out of sight anyway so it shouldn't matter too much.

700 meters is around 2100 feet. Thats horrible! I have gotten out over 12000 feet with mine.
2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules