Are you using State Farm , Care refresh or both ?
7477 31 2018-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Single SelectVote, Total 31 people participate in voting
48.39% (15)
32.26% (10)
19.35% (6)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-9-27
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

If I ever have to file a claim and they cancel the PAP, the Refresh will be my next option.  I see no need for redundency
2018-9-27
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

I agree State Farm covers everything and it is less expensive , but what about  repairs  from pilot error ?  I'm thinking  if it is much more then  the cost of  Care Refresh and the deductible would  be ( $250 ) then you go to State Farm ?
2018-9-27
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

Overall, I see insurance as kind of a semi scam, but, that dam "now or never" marketing for care refresh gets me every time. I have never made a claim on any insurance except for my overly complicated medical.  
2018-9-27
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I have had DJI care for the last 1 1/2 years. Only got it for peace of mind and hope to never use it.
I got it because my friend crashed his MP   on it's first flight from pilot error and had no Care or insurance.
His cost was $250 for repairs.

I remember reading about State Farm Ins. and how reasonable  it was. But I heard form agents that said a claim could  go against their policy and they could ether raise their premium or allow the Company to drop them.
Not sure if it's true. Just thought I would mention it.
2018-9-27
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

None of the above. I can fly!
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for creating this thread so that we could be able to determine what other users have to protect their aircraft. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-27
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

4 none of the above...
2018-9-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-27 10:51
I have had DJI care for the last 1 1/2 years. Only got it for peace of mind and hope to never use it.
I got it because my friend crashed his MP   on it's first flight from pilot error and had no Care or insurance.
His cost was $250 for repairs.

They only drop you if you make a claim in the first year.
2018-9-27
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

I use both. Care Refresh might replace or repair my drone, but State Farm is not only insuring my drone, but I'm also getting $1,000,000 of liability insurance if my drone crashes into someone else or their property.
2018-9-27
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

Zatx Posted at 2018-9-27 11:35
I use both. Care Refresh might replace or repair my drone, but State Farm is not only insuring my drone, but I'm also getting $1,000,000 of liability insurance if my drone crashes into someone else or their property.

Is the liability Insurance also through State Farm and how much is it ?
2018-9-27
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-9-27 10:51
None of the above. I can fly!

Thanks for the insult, but, it seems like I have flown about 16 times more than you without incident.
2018-9-27
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-9-27 11:18
They only drop you if you make a claim in the first year.

Thanks Woe,
Wasn't sure how the Insurance company handled claims.
It is always a good idea to read carefully ones policy for those details.
2018-9-27
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-27 14:51
Thanks Woe,
It is always a good idea to read carefully ones policy for those details.

Frankly, my experiences with DJI have been questionable.

Therefore, imo...you can never have enough coverage.
2018-9-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-27 16:00
Frankly, my experiences with DJI have been questionable.

Therefore, imo...you can never have enough coverage.

dji customer service and warranty departments need a lot of work..  even the manager that contacted me after my formal complaint admitted this and apologized profusely and she made my claim for my dead battery right.  

but i dont trust dji.. if my drone dies, falls in a river, lake or whatever..my fault or otherwise, state farm will 100% cover it and cut me a check to buy a new one or just gimme check for anything i wish to spend it on..dji will likely deny you even if its a valid claim.. refresh only works if you recover the aircraft.. as i see it, if i crash it bad enough to need replacement, not going to be recoverable.
2018-9-27
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-27 11:42
Is the liability Insurance also through State Farm and how much is it ?

It’s not a separate policy, it’s part of the drone coverage.

2018-9-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-27 14:51
Thanks Woe,
It is always a good idea to read carefully ones policy for those details.

No problem, I'm in my second year with them, and have both birds cover and goggles.

4 grand total in coverage for $60 yr not bad.
2018-9-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I wonder, how much is State Farm insurance if you choose to place a personal property policy in place to cover the value of your drones?
2018-9-27
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tend to agree and that's why I too have State Farm.

$60/$70 per year on 5 drones (Spark, Air, 2-MPP and M2P) full replacement have the AC or not......

Odds are my (most crashes) drones will end up in the bottom of a canyon, lake bottom, side of cliff, hung high in a tree, etc, etc and getting it is risking personal injury. I refuse to buy any insurance (Care Refresh, whatever) that is not respondent and/or denies claims unless I die (POTENTIALLY risk injury) getting my AC so they can process the claim.......NOPE!  

These things are AC for crap sakes, they can fly high, far and fast, of course they'll crash in non-convenient places 99% of time if you use them outside of your bedroom.

Having/buying an insurance policy that requires such a flying air craft to be in hand after a crash in order to process a claim seems waaaaay tipped in favor towards the pockets of folks who created and $old said “insurance”.

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-27 18:18
I wonder, how much is State Farm insurance if you choose to place a personal property policy in place to cover the value of your drones?

My State Farm policy is a personal property policy.......5 drones, 100% replacement, no broken bird in hand required, $70/yr.

TYPE: PERSNL ARTICLES                    POLICY NO: XXXXXXXXX            
ITEM NO          COV. AMOUNT              DESCRIPTION                                    
CLASS: MISCELLANEOUS             -PACE IDX 252.0-PAIR/SET=*                    
          001              999      MAVIC AIR FLY COMBO (ARCTIC WHITE)                  
          002              1099             DJI MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MODEL M1X S/N 08QUEAUP0102FP
          003              1070             DJI MAVIC PRO PLATINUM, SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO LTD,   
          004              1560             MAVIC 2 PRO L1P W/MAVIC2 INTELLIGENT FLIGHT BATTERY
          005              700      SPARK FLY MORE COMBO ALPINE WHITE MM1A

2018-9-27
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-28
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
United States

It is a personal property policy.
2018-9-28
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
United States

2018-9-28
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

I think Allstate Insurance also has PAP for Drones.
2018-9-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-9-27 19:54
My State Farm policy is a personal property policy.......5 drones, 100% replacement, no broken bird in hand required, $70/yr.

TYPE: PERSNL ARTICLES                    POLICY NO: XXXXXXXXX            

That's a good policy especially with all the drones you have. I put a call into State Farm inquiring about getting coverage for my two DJI drone (plus the Tello) collection.

I'll circle back here after I get a quote.
2018-9-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Zatx Posted at 2018-9-28 04:41

Can the policy be underwritten just for my drone collection?
2018-9-28
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Although I have my auto insurance (not home owners) through S.F., don't think that matters/is a factor here because my agent told me this "personal property policy" on my drones is  "a totally separate  policy" apart from my auto. Different billing and billing cycle etc, etc,.

So, the (your) answer as far as my impressions of how it worked for me and what I have, would be a.....99% yes!

OMG, I forgot my Tello...........DOH!!!

2018-9-28
Use props
Paul_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-28 00:14
There are other options for insurance beyond State Farm. I have Refresh and a private insurance as oblidged by law in DE

Please fill in on what is obligated by DE law.
2018-9-28
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-28
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I use State Farm. Covers everything including theft / loss / bird strike / pilot error. $70 yr / $6000 coverage.
I figure that if I have a claim in the first year and they cancel me, I will still be ahead.
2018-9-28
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

I just signed up today with State Farm for my Mavic 2  for $60 with $0 deductible which is standard on the PAP policy. I emailed the proof of purchase , make , model and serial # of the Mavic 2 and then he called and I paid for it over the phone and will receive the contract in the mail but I'm covered as of today.

COVERAGES / PREMIUM:
Computer Deductible:
Miscellaneous Articles Deductible: Full Coverage
Class of Property Inflation Coverage Limits of Liability Rate Premium
Miscellaneous Articles No $1,449
OPTIONAL COVERAGES / PREMIUM:
Total Premium: $ 60.00
Amount Paid: $ 60.00
Credit Amount: $ 0.00
Balance Due: $ 0.00
UNDERWRITING:
Has the applicant or any household member had any losses, insured or not, in the past 3 years: No
Has any insurer or agency canceled or refused to issue or renew similar insurance to the named applicant or any household member within the
past 3 years: No
Has the applicant been convicted of arson, fraud, or other insurance related offenses: No
APPLICANT(S) ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
By submission of this application, you agree that: (1) You have read this application, (2) your statements on this application are correct, (3) the
coverages, including options and endorsements, and the amounts of coverage on this application are those chosen by you, (4) the premium
charged must comply with State Farm's rules and rates and may be revised, (5) State Farm has the option of repairing or replacing any lost
or damaged property, and (6) in the event of a cash settlement, you will be paid no more than State Farm's cost to replace the item.
(This does not apply to Fine Arts.)
BINDER:
State Farm will provide coverage to the applicant and his or her legal representative on the property described for up to thirty (30) days from the
Effective Date, subject to all terms and conditions of the policy and endorsements for which application has been made. If no Effective Date is
indicated, this Binder does not provide any coverage. This Binder will be void when the declarations page is issued on the policy for which
application has been made or when coverage under this Binder is canceled in accordance with policy provisions.
The premium due State Farm for the coverage provided by this Binder will be the full annual premium for the policy for which application has been
made, and will be pro-rated for the length of time coverage is provided under this Binder .
The agent was reading through the docs and said it even covers the props , yeah I don't think I will file a claim because of damaged
props , lol
2018-9-28
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-28 17:14
I just signed up today with State Farm for my Mavic 2  for $60 with $0 deductible which is standard on the PAP policy. I emailed the proof of purchase , make , model and serial # of the Mavic 2 and then he called and I paid for it over the phone and will receive the contract in the mail but I'm covered as of today.

COVERAGES / PREMIUM:

The State Farm policy also covers all of your accessories so if someone steals your case with your drone and everything you use to fly it, it's all covered. Care Refresh can't come close to that.
2018-9-29
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Having duplicate insurances can lead to legal quandaries on who is responsible for coverage first.

I would stick with one that gives you the best coverage. In specific pilot error.  And also look closely at the deductible.

If you have two different insurances then definitely do not mention the second coverage policy.
2021-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules