M2Z with Goggles less range than MP with goggles
692 4 2018-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkCoffey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

My Mavic pro and goggles seem to have more range than my M2Z with Goggles. I flew both at the same location. My MP + goggles can go over 8000 meters with no issue. I am lucky to get less than half that with my M2Z with the same goggles and phone (iPhone 6+).

Should I send my M2Z back? I though it was supposed to have a better range than the original Mavic Pro. Do I loose range by using the older goggles (or, would obtaining the RE goggles give me more distance)?

Thanks.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you manage to test the Mavic 2 Zoom without using DJI Goggles to see if there will be changes? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-9-27
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-27 13:51
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you manage to test the Mavic 2 Zoom without using DJI Goggles to see if there will be changes? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

I will do that this weekend and let you know.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SparkCoffey Posted at 2018-9-27 14:39
I will do that this weekend and let you know.

Hi, Thanks for your response. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-9-30
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

Was able to take Mavic Zoom out to about 2 1/4 miles before the video started to get choppy using the white goggles......I took my MP out to 3.25 miles in the same location so, yes, Mavic Zoom has a a shorter video feed range than the MP..However, location has everything to do with range on the 2. I’ve flown in other places where I can only get 3000 ft before the video feed begins to break. I also had to fly higher with the 2 in order to keep video and connection....meaning the farther out, the higher I had to be. Here’s a video where the video begins to go at 12,000 ft.
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules