1303 10 2018-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39902 ft
Switzerland

Hello,

I am the owner of a DJI Mavic pro, last month I had a crash and sent in the unit for repairs, I most say DJI was efficient and replaced my unit instead of repairing it. The service was also really quick, got back the replacement Unit in less than 2 weeks (4 days was just sending the unit as I somehow selected normal and not express shipping).

Now with that said,  when I got back the unit the first thing I noticed was that the camera was not locked into place with the clip (it was only half set, dangling). I did not think much of it at that moment until I was ready to put pack the drone to take it out for a test, it took many tries to get the clip in place. The camera (when the drone is powered off) is not centered so the clip does not slide in properly (compared to the first one this is a pain in the A%%), also the camera is very much tilted forwards (lens facing down) once the unit is powered off (drone on level surface). I am not a tech guy, I just enjoy flying the drone and shooting random photos/videos with it... so with that said I use to always use the auto mode on everything in the camera settings and I use to get amazing images.
Now with this camera, it is not quite the same, my videos and pictures are hardly ever nice, need to really take my time and play with a bunch of setting and all that tech stuff (taking me away from the actually flying), replacing the gimbal clip after a flight is a huge pain to get in place (need to set the drone down and use both hands one turning the gimbal and tilting it backward and the other to set the clip).

My question is then, has anyone had these problems with a replaced unit? It was not noticeable at first as I was just excited I got my unit replaced. but a week and a few flights later it was noticeable and now a couple of weeks later it's just really annoying!

I am not trying to tarnish the DJI brand, I love the drone it flys amazing, its stable, its everything you expect from a DJI drone, etc.
However, based on the feedback I get here I will decide if I should send back the unit to have the camera/gimbal checked out.

Thank you all in advanced.
2018-9-28
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I have experienced with DJI service once when i sent my Mavic Air for repair after had crashed by my fault. They have repaired it instead of replacing it with different unit. After the fix, it works like brand new without a hitch. Authorized reseller here helped me to send it to DJI repair center in China.
20180918_215959.jpg
2018-9-28
Use props
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-28 06:33
Watch this video & make sure your camera is correctly positioned above the safety tab.

https://youtu.be/FV7PHgPQfpI

Dear Pilot,

Thank you. The gimbal is seated correctly within the 3 safety holders and "floating" via the rubbers.  I also tried recalibrating the gimbal.
2018-9-28
Use props
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-9-28 06:32
I have experienced with DJI service once when i sent my Mavic Air for repair after had crashed by my fault. They have repaired it instead of replacing it with different unit. After the fix, it works like brand new without a hitch. Authorized reseller here helped me to send it to DJI repair center in China.

Thank you, yes they were efficient in providing service. I do not think for a second it was intentional that i got a faulty camera back.
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mer.ch, we are so sorry for the continuous issue with the replacement, could you please share us a short video of the gimbal and the previous case number for further support? Thank you in advance.
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-9-28 06:32
I have experienced with DJI service once when i sent my Mavic Air for repair after had crashed by my fault. They have repaired it instead of replacing it with different unit. After the fix, it works like brand new without a hitch. Authorized reseller here helped me to send it to DJI repair center in China.

Hi Optimus_Prime, thanks for sharing your experience with our repair center here, glad to know the drone has been fixed well, hope you enjoy flying.
2018-9-28
Use props
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-28 18:23
Hi Mer.ch, we are so sorry for the continuous issue with the replacement, could you please share us a short video of the gimbal and the previous case number for further support? Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I was bot able to upload the video. It says its not supported.
See the photos attached and also screen shot of the error trying to upload the video.

CAS-2123611-W3Q7G3
012791A6-C732-4EB6-A269-78D9814EE388.png
1C27283D-AFB9-4B78-A447-077A789C35E5.jpeg
9F851B20-139B-4BB1-A7AB-A722C449C791.jpeg
1490615B-C82F-4DD2-AB69-E25F5D2C7B77.jpeg
FD487D6F-1F58-430C-A681-EC2545C4FEBD.jpeg
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mer.ch Posted at 2018-10-3 22:06
Hi,

I was bot able to upload the video. It says its not supported.

Thank you for getting back, Mer.ch. Just to verify, were you able to calibrate the gimbal successfully? If it is convenient, please also provide us with a picture that is shot by the drone for further confirmation, appreciate your assistance.
2018-10-4
Use props
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-4 20:28
Thank you for getting back, Mer.ch. Just to verify, were you able to calibrate the gimbal successfully? If it is convenient, please also provide us with a picture that is shot by the drone for further confirmation, appreciate your assistance.

The gimbal calibrates successfully, the problem is once the drone is powered off the gimbal goes to the position shown in the photo above. note: my previous drone did not do this, the gimbal and camera were always centered even after the drone was powered off Making it easy to place the clip on the gimbal).

I'll upload a pic as soon as I have one that was not processed in post.  
2018-10-4
Use props
Mer.ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-4 20:28

A photo you asked for.
02660007-94EC-476D-9625-A7DCD0B817E7.jpeg
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mer.ch Posted at 2018-10-5 01:25
A photo you asked for.

Mer.ch, thanks for the picture and the case number, this is normal that the gimbal will tilt down when you power off the drone since there is no power for gimbal to stabilize itself anymore, it will center when you power on and will not affect the shooting.
For the image quality, we will need the original file for analysis, could you please upload several pictures to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here? Thank you very much.
2018-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules